ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN Bowl Mania

Coming up from the rear, passing Stigler on the inside, and pulling even with the Mighty Mighty Chieftans. He might just win this horse race! Will it be a photo finish?

Reactions: loca2874
While the last game isn’t over yet, and as the Tulane game showed anything can happen, I’m feeling good about finishing 4-0 today. Thanks for putting this together @loca2874 , it’s been fun.

Reactions: loca2874
Here is the Bowl Standings going into the Championship game Monday.

ConferenceWinLossTeams LeftPCT
MAC42066.67%
Independent32060.00%
AAC43057.14%
ACC54055.56%
Big 1054055.56%
SEC65154.55%
CUSA33050.00%
Sunbelt34042.86%
PAC1234042.86%
Mountain West34042.86%
Big 1226125.00%

So there is a tie with @TUcandoit and the Mighty Mighty Chieftains. Coming down to the championship game and possibly the tie breaker score.
All four of the top pickers missed TCU, but picked Georgia. Do they get to pick the winner after those games were over, or do they not get to pick the championship game, because they missed TCU? Or if they picked Georgia over Michigan, then do they get credit if Georgia beats TCU?

Last edited:
All four of the top pickers missed TCU, but picked Georgia. Do they get to pick the winner after those games were over, or do they not get to pick the championship game, because they missed TCU? Or if they picked Georgia over Michigan, then do they get credit if Georgia beats TCU?
They get to pick the winner of the championship game. It’s a whole separate thing and it doesn’t follow the bracket like the NCAA tourney

Calling it now Georgie Porgie puddin pie!! by 15
Will depend on whether or not TCU gets their RB back for the 'ship. That kid is a stud and him going out almost derailed TCU's chances in that game. I think we've seen that good offensive schemes will win over good defenses these days. Georgia's defense is, IMO, the best, fastest, and most complete in the country...and Ohio State made them look pedestrian for long stretches of the game. And I actually think TCU has the advantage at QB in this one. Bennett may be CFPs version of Trent Dilfer. Manage a game and don't make mistakes. He's good but there's no wow factor like Stroud or Bryce Young, or the kid from Michigan. He's a winner...and there's something to be said for that. Can TCU keep UGAs WRs and RBs in front of them? That will be the key #1 to this game. #2 is can TCU keep UGA off balance enough and use their speed and over pursuit against them? Dykes' offense is usually pretty good at that stuff.

We'll see. For the 1st time in many moons, this game has my interest. 1 because Bama and Clemson aren't a part of it, and 2 because neither coach is a complete ass hat with an ego the size of the state they represent...at least they don't come off that way. Plus, TCU being there should give hope that a smaller private school has a chance to compete at the highest level.

3 out of 4 at the top picked TCU? Are you all crazy? Or do you just have a soft spot for Gillespie? I figured 7 out of 8 would pick Georgia.

Reactions: TU_BLA
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT