ADVERTISEMENT

Corona virus prevention

Trump is getting lots of criticism for his handeling of the current crisis. Would Biden or god forbid hrc, have had a better outcome?
I think people would have been more careful sooner because the president wouldn't have been repeatedly lying about the severity of the illness on national tv, at rallies, etc... I'm not sure whether or not Biden / HRC would have done a better job having tests earlier, or closing the borders earlier... but I'm also not sure that they wouldn't have done better either.

Reactions: ExNav75
I think people would have been more careful sooner because the president wouldn't have been repeatedly lying about the severity of the illness on national tv, at rallies, etc... I'm not sure whether or not Biden / HRC would have done a better job having tests earlier, or closing the borders earlier... but I'm also not sure that they wouldn't have done better either.
HRC or Obama couldn't done any worse on early testing and instituting policies like social distancing. I doubt they would have done any worse closing borders, but I might be off on that.

Just my guess :

They probably would have recommended earlier and more restrictive social distancing. Some Governors would have followed some would have ignored.

They probably don’t stop travel from China as early

The CDC test cluster would have likely been the same Clinton and Obama probably try to ramp up testing using more federal resources opposed to Trump calling in private industry.

Just my guess :

They probably would have recommended earlier and more restrictive social distancing. Some Governors would have followed some would have ignored.

They probably don’t stop travel from China as early

The CDC test cluster would have likely been the same Clinton and Obama probably try to ramp up testing using more federal resources opposed to Trump calling in private industry.
I would agree with that except maybe for the last one. I think it is likely they would have used both federal and private resources, unless they saw some sort of a perceived barrier to using both resources for testing.(real or not)

I also think their reaction to the use of Chloroquine would have been the same as Trumps, and the media would have supported THEIR position on Chloraquine. And if there were ties to anyone in the administration that would have made them profit from this, it would not have been reported on by the media other than FOX News.

I would have hoped even Fox would have vetted that story and realized it was unfounded and not published the same. Probably not though.

I would agree with that except maybe for the last one. I think it is likely they would have used both federal and private resources, unless they saw some sort of a perceived barrier to using both resources for testing.(real or not)

I also think their reaction to the use of Chloroquine would have been the same as Trumps, and the media would have supported THEIR position on Chloraquine. And if there were ties to anyone in the administration that would have made them profit from this, it would not have been reported on by the media other than FOX News.
That's pretty much how I see it as well. I just think the initial period of spread in places like NY would have been lower as they pressured the Democratic metropolises to fall in line earlier.

The best insight to how Obama would have handled this crisis is probably his rollout of the ACA. Both were large national initiatives involving health care and required both private and federal cooperation.

The best insight to how Obama would have handled this crisis is probably his rollout of the ACA. Both were large national initiatives involving health care and required both private and federal cooperation.
It probably would have been a bigger opportunity for him to push the single payer method he originally was trying to pass. (Damn you Joe Lieberman)

At least one of the Dems might have at some point paid attention in 9th grade biology when the teacher explained the difference between bacterial infections and viral infections. Or maybe they would have hired an adviser that could have explained the difference to them during some portion of the multi-week health crisis. This is like putting a guy who failed HS History on the Supreme Court or a guy that failed Algebra to head up the Fed.

I suppose I could see Biden making the same mistake, because Biden loves to put his foot in his mouth. I don't think Hillary or Obama would have made the same mistake.

At least one of the Dems might have at some point paid attention in 9th grade biology when the teacher explained the difference between bacterial infections and viral infections. Or maybe they would have hired an adviser that could have explained the difference to them during some portion of the multi-week health crisis. This is like putting a guy who failed HS History on the Supreme Court or a guy that failed Algebra to head up the Fed.

Maybe someone should let “Uncle Blazer” know that the FDA has in fact approved the use of an antibiotic for the treatment of Covid-19. There is also a 1000 patient trial currently going on in NY using an antibiotic along with another drug as a treatment. Why do people tweet without first fact checking ?

Maybe someone should let “Uncle Blazer” know that the FDA has in fact approved the use of an antibiotic for the treatment of Covid-19. There is also a 1000 patient trial currently going on in NY using an antibiotic along with another drug as a treatment. Why do people tweet without first fact checking ?
Because, as we all learned in 9th grade bio, you don't get rid of viruses with antibiotics. Antibiotics are used to kill biological (not viral) infections. Some of those bacterial infections, might crop up as a side effect of the virus, but you're not going to stop the virus with antibiotics. It's why they don't typically give you antibiotics when you have the flu.

Antibiotics don't / CAN'T eradicate viruses. They only deal with biotic infections like strep throat, bacterial pneumonia, or ear / sinus infections, etc... which are usually secondary products related to the virus tanking your immune system.

The tweet I was referencing stated that antibiotics are used to fight bacterial infections and not viruses. I correctly pointed out that the FDA has approved the use of an antibiotic for the treatment of a virus. Specifically the complications caused by the virus which makes this thing serious/deadly. I’m aware of the science here. I don’t believe the person who posted that tweet had any clue we are using antibiotics as part of our regiment to fight covid-19

Trump had no clue btw :)

Last edited:
Reactions: TUMe and Gmoney4WW
The tweet I was referencing stated that antibiotics are used to fight bacterial infections and not viruses. I correctly pointed out that the FDA has approved the use of an antibiotic for the treatment of a virus. Specifically the complications caused by the virus which makes this thing serious/deadly. I’m aware of the science here. I don’t believe the person who posted that tweet had any clue we are using antibiotics as part of our regiment to fight covid-19

Trump had no clue btw :)
Saying that antibiotics are being used as treatment for a virus is like saying Tylenol is approved treatment for a gunshot wound. It’s not the primary form of treatment and it doesn’t fix the underlying problem.

Saying that antibiotics are being used as treatment for a virus is like saying Tylenol is approved treatment for a gunshot wound. It’s not the primary form of treatment and it doesn’t fix the underlying problem.

Might want to let the FDA know as they have approved an antibiotic as part of a treatment cocktail for this virus. I never said it was the primary form btw. It’s being used in combination with another drug. I don’t know if the cocktail works btw. The thought is that if given early it prevents your body from reacting in a way which leads to oxygen deprivation (hemoglobin issues).

Like I said, we both know more about this than Trump and the person who posted that tweet

Last edited:
Reactions: Gmoney4WW

Let me make a few of points.

1. First I don't know how old you are, but there could have been changes since you were in the 9th grade. Several Noble prizes have been awarded in that time.

2. They could have found that using Azit. along with other medicines has improved the survival rate by limiting side effects of the anti-viral. Survival is what it is all about, not standing by rules from the past. If Orange juice improved the survival rate, who cares how or why.

3. You talk about people on the CDC. I'm glad there is no 9th grade biology teacher on the CDC. He would be an awful bore and years behind the other members. If I am in ICU and I get a choice between the malaria mix and a ventilator, I would try the pill first. We learn things everyday. Some are saying rolling the patient on their stomach helps.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Let me make a few of points.

1. First I don't know how old you are, but there could have been changes since you were in the 9th grade. Several Noble prizes have been awarded in that time.

2. They could have found that using Azit. along with other medicines has improved the survival rate by limiting side effects of the anti-viral. Survival is what it is all about, not standing by rules from the past. If Orange juice improved the survival rate, who cares how or why.

3. You talk about people on the CDC. I'm glad there is no 9th grade biology teacher on the CDC. He would be an awful bore and years behind the other members. If I am in ICU and I get a choice between the malaria mix and a ventilator, I would try the pill first. We learn things everyday. Some are saying rolling the patient on their stomach helps.
Good (bad) news, more and more research is coming out saying the malaria mix isn't the best treatment option.

More importantly, any antibiotic will always only deal with side effects. It won't solve the problem on its own. We will ultimately still need an antiviral or a vaccine to eliminate this.

And, to be fair my High School Biology was probably quite a bit more up to date than yours (or Trumps)

Good (bad) news, more and more research is coming out saying the malaria mix isn't the best treatment option.

More importantly, any antibiotic will always only deal with side effects. It won't solve the problem on its own. We will ultimately still need an antiviral or a vaccine to eliminate this.

And, to be fair my High School Biology was probably quite a bit more up to date than yours (or Trumps)
Hey, when I had Biology dirt had been discovered and they were working on developing man made mud.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT