ADVERTISEMENT

Cool story i wanted to share

jesterondirt

I.T.S. Offensive Coordinator
Sep 28, 2006
When I was younger (pre teenager) I was a heavy sports card collector. At the encouragement of my father I penned a letter to Gus telling him how big of TU fans we were and how excited I was to watch him play professional football. And of course I sent my only card I had of him at the time asking for an autograph.

He not only autographed it, but sent me back a handwritten letter thanking us for being loyal and he was happy to have us cheering him on. The letter was more elaborate than my footnote, but you get the gist.

Sadly the letter is long gone, but I did recently get involved in collecting cards again. So I decided to dig out some of my older stuff, only to find this gem that brought back a great memory for me. I have way more valuable cards, but id never let this one go. I'm sure it's kind of boring but this seemed like about the only place I could openly talk about it.

1000031571.jpeg

Last edited:
When I was younger (pre teenager) I was a heavy sports card collector. At the encouragement of my father I penned a letter to Gus telling him how big of TU fans we were and how excited I was to watch him play professional football. And of course I sent my only card I had of him at the time asking for an autograph.

He not only autographed it, but sent me back a handwritten letter thanking us for being loyal and he was happy to have us cheering him on. The letter was more elaborate than my footnote, but you get the jest.

Sadly the letter is long gone, but I did recently get involved in collecting cards again. So I decided to dig out some of my older stuff, only to find this gem that brought back a great memory for me. I have way more valuable cards, but id never let this one go. I'm sure it's kind of boring but this seemed like about the only place I could openly talk about it.

1000031571.jpeg
But did Gus ask you to go to the bar with him and be a bouncer for the night?

J/k. That's a cool story but that's also Gus in a nutshell. He was goofy and all but he is genuinely a good and gracious person.

Thanks for sharing. Great to know he took the time to send the handwritten letter.

Reactions: jesterondirt
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT