ADVERTISEMENT

Congratulations Deneric Prince

Was he on the roster or practice squad ?
Practice squad. He gets a ring.
He might even get a share of money the players receive for winning four post season games. I think the players vote on that.
Maybe Dre Drogg will share how that works.

Last edited:
He continues to make his weekly salary, likely the standard minimum of $11,500.00 for first year players for the duration of the playoffs. He gets no bonus money. He gets a ring but the collective bargaining agreement allows that ring to be of “lesser value.” Most teams give them the real ring and they are generally valued at around $30,000.00.

Also, there is no “bonus” playoff money in the NFL. The players have a season compensation package that is guaranteed and the playoff compensation is standard league wide.

So they get their negotiated weekly pay during the regular season and then whatever the playoff appearance fee is.

If you are Lamar Jackson, you make $1.4 million a week during the season per game, subject to state and local taxes depending on the venue. I’m guessing he loves to play the Dolphins and hates playing the Bears and Jets. Then he gets $41,000 for a playoff game before taxes where the game is played. Thats it. I had a client who had to file tax returns in 6 different states one season.

Some players do have performance bonuses tied to their regular season compensation that are contingent on playoff performance. Mahommes got a $1 million bonus after winning the Super Bowl because he took 50% of the snaps or more during the regular season and met certain yards gained benchmarks set out over several games. He did not get the $1 million for winning the Super Bowl, he got it because the team won the Super Bowl because he performed during the regular season in the manner they contracted for.

Last edited:
He continues to make his weekly salary, likely the standard minimum of $11,500.00 for first year players for the duration of the playoffs. He gets no bonus money. He gets a ring but the collective bargaining agreement allows that ring to be of “lesser value.” Most teams give them the real ring and they are generally valued at around $30,000.00.

Also, there is no “bonus” playoff money in the NFL. The players have a season compensation package that is guaranteed and the playoff compensation is standard league wide.

So they get their negotiated weekly pay during the regular season and then whatever the playoff appearance fee is.

If you are Lamar Jackson, you make $1.4 million a week during the season per game, subject to state and local taxes depending on the venue. I’m guessing he loves to play the Dolphins and hates playing the Bears and Jets. Then he gets $41,000 for a playoff game before taxes where the game is played. Thats it. I had a client who had to file tax returns in 6 different states one season.

Some players do have performance bonuses tied to their regular season compensation that are contingent on playoff performance. Mahommes got a $1 million bonus after winning the Super Bowl because he took 50% of the snaps or more during the regular season and met certain yards gained benchmarks set out over several games. He did not get the $1 million for winning the Super Bowl, he got it because the team won the Super Bowl because he performed during the regular season in the manner they contracted for.

Nice amount of money for all, as long as they can get it.

Reactions: HuffyCane
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT