ADVERTISEMENT

Conference Tournament starts Thursday

Tax Guy

I.T.S. Sophomore
Dec 5, 2003
Tulsa hosts the Conference Tournament starting Thursday

Single elimination #1 seed gets first round bye.
Tulsa ended conference schedule at 9-9 as the #3 seed first game Thursday at 4:00 against East Carolina.
Tulsa swept East Carolina in regular season 12-3, 8-0, 11-3 all in 5 inning games.
Here is the rest of the bracket.

Ch-vHjMXAAAFleM.jpg

American’s all conference selections have been posted.
1st team
3B Maggie Withee
SS Shelby Estocado
OF Maddie Withee
DP Julie Hollingsworth

2nd Team
P Caitlin Sill
C Catherine Horner

All Rookie
Julie Hollingsworth
Morgan Neal

In Game 1 Houston beats Memphis 5-4 in 10 innings and will face Southern Florida tomorrow at 1:00.

Game 3 Tulsa beats East Carolina 2-0
Julia Hollingsworth scored both runs, 1 on a HR and another on a Maddie Withee Sac fly.
Emily Watson pitched the complete game with 6 hits 2 BB and 10 K.
Tulsa faces UCF tomorrow at 3:30

That was the best offensive and defensive lineups of the season. Too bad it took this long to figure out. Coach don't change anything except a fresh pitcher.

TU beat number 25 (second seeded) UCF 4-0. TU will face top seed USF in championship game on Sat at 11AM CST. Game will be on ESPN.

3 outs away from the NCAA tournament. Up 4-0. Something happened this week where the girls turned it back on. Pitching has been stellar all weekend and the timely hitting has returned.

Reactions: el duran
They switched immediately after our win to #6 Florida St vs #18 ND. Left handed lead off batter for ND. Florida St has a left handed pitcher and catcher. Probably not totally unusual to have a left handed catcher but just strange to see.

I didn't realize that the Florida St pitcher, Meghan King, threw the perfect game against us when we lost 8-0. She's damn good.

Congrats to the TU softball ladies & coaches! They really stepped up when it counted !

Great win! Excellent pitching from Sills. Solid defense with some great plays. Timely hitting.
Fun to watch, Fun to play. Everyone's smiling.

Reactions: TUBballJunkie
TU's women did not give up a single run during the entire tournament?!! That is incredible domination against strong competition.

Reactions: TUBballJunkie
I don't watch softball at all but that was a really great game!
I agree WD. I only have watched my daughters under 8 team before but I found it to be very entertaining. Fast paced, smart players, smaller field and faster action. Of course having it be TU for a conference championship and tourney bid helps too!

Reactions: Weatherdemon
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT