ADVERTISEMENT

CONCACAF U-20 Tournament

They are capable of doing better. They will advance if Haiti loses to Costa Rica, which is likely.

Luis Gil starting to prove why Arsenal offered him a youth contract.

Cody Cropper in goal - third choice at Southampton. Ipswich was high on him, then he got hurt. Good to see him back in the mix.

Boyd Okwuonu from Edmond marshaled a leaky back line.

I watched a little bit of it. Seemed like there was more pace than a usual match, but that could've been the window I saw. That guy at left back, Toray or something like that, was pretty bad. You'd think he'd never heard of his left foot before.

As a female observed in another forum ... They were all speed and no skill. Just what you'd expect from 19 year old boys

Originally posted by HuffyCane:
As a female observed in another forum ... They were all speed and no skill. Just what you'd expect from 19 year old boys
Are you sure she was talking about soccer?

Huffy, do you think Ramos has a chance to take over the big boys when this whole Klinsmann experiment is done?

Tough to say. A lot of that depends on how the Kaiser does with his witch doctor schtick.

If he reinvents US Soccer philosphy like he has promised and gets them past a quarterfinal before moving on to a big club contract, it wouldnt make much sense to bring someone in to change things again. If so, then you would think that Ramos would be a natural candidate since he has participated in the integration of Klinsman's approach and is in essence, part of Klinsman's staff.

However, if Klinsman fails, you may find Tab in disfavor, no matter how much distance there is between the two professionally and personally.

Tab also knows his Xs and Os, nobody questions that.

But his player resume is a year long stink at Tigres in Mexico and some second division Spanish teams. He has no club coaching experience that I am aware of.

The next generation of US soccer studs will have grown up in the European academies or signed overseas at a young age out of MLS. Some will be millionaires. The days of Landon Donovan making enough to fly first class and Jeff Agoos sleeping on couches and eating tuna fish are over.

I'm not sure Ramo's resume can command the lockerroom like it can with teenagers.

The good news is that 1 out of 3 of the guys you see play for the U-20s now will be on the 2018 squad. If Ramos is the coach, he will know the players.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT