Bye Week Game Thread

JesseTU

I.T.S. Head Coach
Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
No one is talking about Bye Week?

I think we got this.

/obligatory

We have never lost to Bye. Let’s keep this streak!

Got a good feeling Skipper will take care of the ball much better this weekend.

We have never lost to Bye. Let’s keep this streak!

We ain’t never beat them, either. And there’s no way the syntax in that sentence can be wrong.

We are going to turn it over like seven times against Bye and will get no turnovers. Defense better hold. Our kickers won’t make any damn kicks either.

We ain’t never beat them, either. And there’s no way the syntax in that sentence can be wrong.

We are going to turn it over like seven times against Bye and will get no turnovers. Defense better hold. Our kickers won’t make any damn kicks either.
I am confident the team will not make any mental mistakes against Bye - no turnovers, no missed fg’s, no false starts, no dropped passes and we won’t question any of the play calling!

I am confident the team will not make any mental mistakes against Bye - no turnovers, no missed fg’s, no false starts, no dropped passes and we won’t question any of the play calling!

The real question is will we see the sort of improvements we need vs bye.

Our defense will probably hold it's self pretty well. Just another week for them with out much change. No complaints though as our 3rd down percentage has been solid and if they can just keep it the same it'll continue to be an asset.

Really what we need is to see some explosion from our offense, especially since we know what the defense is likely to maintain. Unfortunately bye's defense is pretty good itself and I'm not sure we'll see any improvement in our ypg, avg points, or in our 3rd down conversions rate on offense.

I expect it to be a fight and just want us to come out of a tough match up healthy. Losing the bye wouldn't be terrible, it won't cost us in conference but it could break any momentum we could build on a win. Kind of excited about the match up honestly.

Reactions: TU1NNJ
There will be no answers to our quarterback controversy this week. But as a positive, there will only be a few tv timeouts.

PM on this weekend's game: "Well obviously, Bye is a well coached program that presents a tough match up for us. Their entire staff came over from Open University and installed a new offense that has caused problems for several programs here in the conference. We've been preparing all week for Bye, but we cannot rest. We have to continue to mature and understand our responsibilities. Bye will know what they are going to do. They have some serious athletes in secondary that will frustrate our quarterback play, so we know that execution from our line will be critical. We have to understand what our assignments are and maintain our attention to detail. If we do that, I think that we can wave bye to Bye and know we've been successful."

4 more wins and we will play UNC in the Bama Turnover’s For TD’s Bowl.

After this hard fought battle v. Bye...
Will this lead to a big momentum shifter for both the offense and defense!
I think this is a series where Gragg should flex the TU muscle and force Bye to play all their games at Chapman.
TU should never agree to play Bye on the road!!!!

FWIW, Central Arkansas just keeps wracking up FCS wins. Texas is suddenly considered respectable. Temple and Central Arkansas lost Boston College and Georgia Southern, respectively.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT