ADVERTISEMENT

Bryce Thompson

TulsaFan2000

I.T.S. Sophomore
Jan 6, 2019
Bryce’s just released his top 7 schools today on Instagram:
They are Arkansas, Kansas, Michigan State, North Carolina, Oklahoma State, Oklahoma, and Texas.
Very disappointing to see us not even in the top 7 after all of our efforts to get Bryce. Just shows that we have no ability to recruit the Tulsa area.
Link to Instagram post

Doesn’t surprise me considering how everyone on this board bashed his entire family.

Doesn’t surprise me considering how everyone on this board bashed his entire family.

If a bunch of message board weirdos played a part in his decision, he has bigger issues that he needs to address.

It’s incredibly disappointing that this turned out like it did, but TU :crap: themselves from the beginning with this whole process.

We either want to play big boy basketball or we don’t. We need to make a decision and not constantly ride the fence.

I was surprised when people thought we could get him in the 1st place to be honest. He'll probably be a 1 and done anyway, so is it really that big of a loss?

Not listing TU had nothing to do with the administration or Frank Haith. Kid simply got an oversized ego over the past year after hearing from all the elite coaches that he was the next Michael Jordan.

Seriously, more people burned more mental energy on a kid that was never, ever going to come here.
As for one-and-done, he has not demonstrated that level of talent imo. He’s elite good, but not Trae Young-good at this point.

We had the best chance we've had with any upper level Oklahoma recruits in about a decade and we whiffed.... the blame has to go somewhere.... and the admin aren't the ones in charge of recruiting.

We had the best chance we've had with any upper level Oklahoma recruits in about a decade and we whiffed.... the blame has to go somewhere.... and the admin aren't the ones in charge of recruiting.
You can be so dense.

Last edited:
You really beleive that hiring his dad would be the greatest hire ever? Aston has no clue on the recruiting process and what happened. Haith put together a great class and Aston hates it that he may be pretty successful.

You really beleive that hiring his dad would be the greatest hire ever? Aston has no clue on the recruiting process and what happened. Haith put together a great class and Aston hates it that he may be pretty successful.

Rod would still be a great hire with or without his son IMO

I'm don't hate this year's class. It was good. Credit where credit is due. But criticism where criticism is due too.

OSU didn't need to hire Rod for them to be in Bryce's top 7. Neither did Arkansas. Those are the schools we need to be able to go toe to toe with in recruiting if we want to go back to the glory days. Heck, we had a really good in state commit and he flipped on us.

Tulsa needs to do better at every level. The admin isn't the only thing holding our program back.

Reactions: seniorgolfer
You can be so dense.
Not being dense. I don't care that we couldn't hire Rod. Hiring a coach's dad isn't the only way a school should be able to get a high level recruit.

Yes we could have made it easier on ourselves, but sometimes you just have to put in the work and have success. You don't see Sampson down at Houston hiring a bunch of recruits' parents.... but they're getting good recruits none the less.

Not being dense. I don't care that we couldn't hire Rod. Hiring a coach's dad isn't the only way a school should be able to get a high level recruit.

Yes we could have made it easier on ourselves, but sometimes you just have to put in the work and have success. You don't see Sampson down at Houston hiring a bunch of recruits' parents.... but they're getting good recruits none the less.

I’m not sure Sampson is the best example of a recruiter we’d like to emulate...

Violations? Was he implicated? or is that just your opinion because you have such high morals?

The good thing about all this is we get Trey Phipps in 3 years. You see, Haith told him he had to play somewhere else for 2 years then he could transfer in to TU and play for him. He'll be eligible after sitting out an additional year. Welcome home Trey!

At this point, you’ve talked so much :crap: on Haith that he could bring in a 5* and you’d still bitch about it.
If he doesn't get one he bitches...
If he does get one he bitches about probation coming to TU in a few years. (Don't expect an apology if we get one and go five or six years without probation.) Course it ain't going to happen,(5* recruit) so it's a win, win for astro.

Last edited:
If he doesn't get on he bitches...
If he does get one he bitches about probation coming to TU in a few years. (Don't expect an apology if we get one and go five or six years without probation.) Course it ain't going to happen,(5* recruit) so it's a win, win for astro.
If we get probation I'll be pissed. If you're going to cheat... at least cheat well.

1. Self got a good player in Bryce.
2. Rod was offered plenty to coach at TU. That was his decision for whatever reason. He most likely didn’t want that pressure to influence his son’s decision.
3. Bryce’s head has gotten so large from all the attention. Much will be expected of him at Kansas.

2. Rod was offered plenty to coach at TU. That was his decision for whatever reason. He most likely didn’t want that pressure to influence his son’s decision.
3. Bryce’s head has gotten so large from all the attention. Much will be expected of him at Kansas.

Rod didn’t turn down TU.

You couldn’t be more wrong. Please stop embarrassing yourself.

You couldn’t be more wrong. Please stop embarrassing yourself.
You don’t think he’s going to Kansas? Do tell.

You should know about embarrassing yourself since you do it here regularly.

You don’t think he’s going to Kansas? Do tell.

You should know about embarrassing yourself since you do it here regularly.

I assume he’s talking about the fact that TU and Rod reached an agreement for Rod to become an assistant coach and the Admin then proceeded to renege on the agreement instead of Bryce’s college choice

Reactions: t-townpod
I assume he’s talking about the fact that TU and Rod reached an agreement for Rod to become an assistant coach and the Admin then proceeded to renege on the agreement instead of Bryce’s college choice

Link?

Seeing is believing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT