ADVERTISEMENT

Bring back Manning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your amazing posts have consequences
Did anyone teach how to play well with others
Another sad kindergarten flunk out

I don’t recall that comment but I’ll take your word for it. Luckily I’ve grown as an individual since then and NEVER make foolish posts anymore 😉
It went a little something like this:

Hope you got your tickets early. But I'd be willing to bet the GHC would be a better place to put your money as opposed to bill...

This is the stupid thread of the day.

:haith2:
This guy. This is the mediocre coach that is responsible for how far the program fell and recruiting cancers like KES to the program. It’s time for a purge and if I’m going to fault Konkol on his first season it was giving certain players a chance to stay on the team when they should have hit the road after last season.

This guy. This is the mediocre coach that is responsible for how far the program fell and recruiting cancers like KES to the program. It’s time for a purge and if I’m going to fault Konkol on his first season it was giving certain players a chance to stay on the team when they should have hit the road after last season.
Amen.

Me too. Should be exciting. It’s negativity sn

agreed. Football has enough returning talent to win solidly next season.
Biggest difference is we know there's good talent on the football team and there has been for a few years and the thing holding them back was the coach. We all k ow the basketball side has like 3 legit players who will commit to actually working and getting better. That's not much to work with.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
What troubled me most was the undisciplined ball handling and just how stagnant the offense was in the half court. Imo that reflects on the coaching staff. This team had absolutely no flow in the half court. It’s astonishing how bad this team went into a nose dive as the season progressed and it started early in the season. Imo a reasonable observer has to question Konkol’s ability to lead or get his team to run through the preverbal “brick wall” when the wheels start to come off.

If the historical records are correct, you have to go all the way back to the 1948-49 season to find a TU team that won less than 5 games.

Since that 1948-49 season TU basketball has only had 13 seasons of less than 10 TU victories (75 seasons). Since Nolan elevated the program, less than 10 wins has only happened 4 times in the past 53 seasons (2022-23, 4 wins), 2004-05, 9 wins), (2003-04, 9 wins), (1987-88, 8 wins).

The standards and expectations are far too high for this to be acceptable. This type of season in the portal era could set the program back with roster turnover from true freshmen to 5th yr seniors. Hard to turn things around without core roster stability.

TX

Last edited:
Cool. Bye. You won’t be missed.
Christ man.... are you a ORU incel?

The guy is saying that he has been "Loyal Always True" for longer than some of us have been alive (combined) and you're shunning him because he doesn't like the direction of the program after it lost the most games in his lifetime?

You sound like you're the leader of the Donner Party and someone just told you "Maybe we should turn around"

Your response is "WE PRESS ON!!!! NOW HELP ME CUT UP THIS BODY"

Last edited:
I'd wait till this recruiting season is over to say how quickly it will go up.

Konkol said it would be a long rebuild, and until he duplicates the first session of recruiting, I'll believe him.

Where's Barrister.

I’m not touching that.

That’s what she said. To dougffking.

Barrister

I am usually pretty optimistic but you have to go off the court to the signees and Konkol's LA Tech record to latch onto anything.
Konkol was a pretty borderline hire, I thought. His record at LaTech was good but not great and that's at a lower level conference. The thing I latch onto is he seems like the kind of guy who would be willing to learn and get better. I hope so, we need him to get quite a bit better.

Konkol was a pretty borderline hire, I thought. His record at LaTech was good but not great and that's at a lower level conference. The thing I latch onto is he seems like the kind of guy who would be willing to learn and get better. I hope so, we need him to get quite a bit better.
You can’t judge his coaching ability based on this last season. You just can’t.

Reactions: TU65alum
Fair enough to a degree. You cannot pass any final judgment. But it is not fair to completely ignore the season either.
We have asymmetric information - having a bad first recruiting period doesn't mean Konkol is a bad coach but he could have shown greatness with a great recruiting period. Having a bad record this year doesn't mean Konkol is a bad coach, but doing well would have shown greatness. We don't know if Konkol is a bad coach, but we're getting evidence that he's not a great coach. His expected position would be about average in the AAC and the little bits of info we have suggest that's about his ceiling unless he's able to find another gear. Seems if anyone could find that next gear, it would be someone like him. Hope he can, he otherwise seems like a spectacular fit.

We have asymmetric information - having a bad first recruiting period doesn't mean Konkol is a bad coach but he could have shown greatness with a great recruiting period. Having a bad record this year doesn't mean Konkol is a bad coach, but doing well would have shown greatness. We don't know if Konkol is a bad coach, but we're getting evidence that he's not a great coach. His expected position would be about average in the AAC and the little bits of info we have suggest that's about his ceiling unless he's able to find another gear. Seems if anyone could find that next gear, it would be someone like him. Hope he can, he otherwise seems like a spectacular fit.
I would put it a little more positively in that he had a final 4 NIT run in a 1 bid conference and 7 twenty win seasons. And he seems to have pulled in a nice early signing class. Those all go on the plus side.

There is not a single plus from this season though other than Selebangue. Cannot think of anything else. You cannot just dismiss the ineptitude out of hand IM(NS)HO.

Reactions: chito_and_leon
I would put it a little more positively in that he had a final 4 NIT run in a 1 bid conference and 7 twenty win seasons. And he seems to have pulled in a nice early signing class. Those all go on the plus side.

There is not a single plus from this season though other than Selebangue. Cannot think of anything else. You cannot just dismiss the ineptitude out of hand IM(NS)HO.
When you’re resorting to playing a walk on you sure can.

I guess it depends on whether you see being the 2nd or 3rd best coach in CUSA as a positive or a negative. You're more of an optimist than I am, so our different view is no surprise!

There was no point where he had a team that was clearly the cream of the crop in CUSA. 2020/2021 was his best year and there were basically 3 teams that were knotted at the top and LaTech was 1 of the 3. But his teams never the #1 team in the conference, and usually not even #2.

Last edited:
Reactions: drboobay

The main plus is getting the season over and rebuilding the roster. Year one was just to get through it.

You have hit the nail on the head !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT