ADVERTISEMENT

Bring back Manning

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys are complete and utter morons. There are no words.

Gold used to know basketball and what’s going on but he’s gone off the deep end. When we start winning, please don’t come back.

Reactions: TulsaFan01
I don't know what to think. I think Haith left the cupboard bare, yes, but Haith was winning more than 5 games a year and never sniffed this poor of a season. Part of this is definitely on coaching.

The university will give him another year at least, but another season like this one would be a death knell for fan interest. It's not a good situation, and it's okay to admit that.

Hoping for the best and that Konkol can pull a rabbot out of his hat next year. Not expecting NCAAs or anything, but being competitive in more games than not would be a huge improvement.

Reactions: TulsaFan2000
Oh, I’m going nowhere. You are nothing more than a sunshine pumper who refuses to see reality.

I don't know what to think. I think Haith left the cupboard bare, yes, but Haith was winning more than 5 games a year and never sniffed this poor of a season. Part of this is definitely on coaching.

The university will give him another year at least, but another season like this one would be a death knell for fan interest. It's not a good situation, and it's okay to admit that.

Hoping for the best and that Konkol can pull a rabbot out of his hat next year. Not expecting NCAAs or anything, but being competitive in more games than not would be a huge improvement.
These are good comments, but herein lies the problem…THIS IS TULSA BASKETBALL, we can’t accept “being competitive in more games”. Everyone I know is flat out disgusted or they simply don’t care anymore.

Another year at least? Uh yea he will get several more. Haith won what, 10 games his last year, whoop de freaking doo. The cupboard was totally bare.

These are good comments, but herein lies the problem…THIS IS TULSA BASKETBALL, we can accept “being competitive in more games”. Everyone I know is flat out disgusted or they simply don’t care anymore.
Cool story, then they don’t get the situation.

You guys are complete and utter morons. There are no words.

Gold used to know basketball and what’s going on but he’s gone off the deep end. When we start winning, please don’t come back.
I am usually pretty optimistic but you have to go off the court to the signees and Konkol's LA Tech record to latch onto anything.

I’m sure TJ Otzelberger didn’t get the situation either at Iowa State when he went from 2 to 22 wins in one year. Your kind of talk is the stuff of losers.

He has enough of a record elsewhere to get at the minimum, 1 more season. You can't can someone after one season and expect much in your applicants for the job. I'm all but certain he will do better next season. How much better is the question. If it's only a couple of wins better then he should be gone. If it is 8 or 10 wins better then he deserves another season.

I knew there’d be a massive melt thread on the free board tonight. Everyone will pile on and that’s fine. It was a bad year. Are there valid reasons for what happened? Yes. But it was a bad year nonetheless.

I get the frustration for some of these guys who post the same negative stuff over and over. I don’t agree with it, but I get where they’re coming from. I just don’t see how anyone can make a pure judgement on just about anything from this season based on what Konkol and staff walked into.

Now if we win 5 games again next year, I’ll be right there with you negative Nelly’s - but I really don’t think that’ll happen. I think we will take a big leap forward next year based on the type of recruits konkol is signing and recruiting.

Finally - something we can all agree on: it’s over and we don’t have to endure anymore of this season. On to football and hopefully an 8+ win season to get this awful taste of a terrible sports year out of our mouths.

I knew they’d be a massive melt thread on the free board tonight. Everyone will pile on and that’s fine. It was a bad year. Are there valid reasons for what happened? Yes. But it was a bad year nonetheless.

I get the frustration for some of these guys who post the same negative stuff over and over. I don’t agree with it, but I get where they’re coming from. I just don’t see how anyone can make a pure judgement on just about anything from this season based on what Konkol and staff walked into.

Now if we win 5 games again next year, I’ll be right there with you negative Nelly’s - but I really don’t think that’ll happen. I think we will take a big leap forward next year based on the type of recruits konkol is signing and recruiting.

Finally - something we can all agree on: it’s over and we don’t have to endure anymore of this season. On to football and hopefully an 8+ win season to get this awful taste of a terrible sports year out of our mouths.

It's recruiting season right now. I'm looking forward to that.

I knew there’d be a massive melt thread on the free board tonight. Everyone will pile on and that’s fine. It was a bad year. Are there valid reasons for what happened? Yes. But it was a bad year nonetheless.

I appreciate your comments. Much better than just firing off insults like some of the others.

I don’t expect the new football coach to get the one year free pass that this basketball guy got.

He should be able to take the hand he’s dealt and knock off the CUSA call-ups we’ve got on the schedule. If not, we’ve got real problems.
Well stated.

It's recruiting season right now. I'm looking forward to that.
Me too. Should be exciting. It’s negativity sn
I don’t expect the new football coach to get the one year free pass that this basketball guy got.

He should be able to take the hand he’s dealt and knock off the CUSA call-ups we’ve got on the schedule. If not, we’ve got real problems.
agreed. Football has enough returning talent to win solidly next season.

Me too. Should be exciting. It’s negativity sn

agreed. Football has enough returning talent to win solidly next season.
Look at the Tulane turnaround last season.

No reason we cannot do something similar.

Haith not equal to Montgomery in recruiting ability.

Reactions: cmullinsTU and TUMU
Hey now - that diet rite cola and jorache jeans with a braided belt tirade I went on was quite the tantrum and it still makes me giggle.
I was thinking more about when you told me that the $14 I spent to watch my kids play in the band would have been better spent with the GHC. That was a classic, but still not quite to the level of “I’d rather watch King of Queens reruns”.

Someone had to change their screen name after that bit.

• Haha
Reactions: cmullinsTU
I was thinking more about when you told me that the $14 I spent to watch my kids play in the band would have been better spent with the GHC. That was a classic, but still not quite to the level of “I’d rather watch King of Queens reruns”.

Someone had to change their screen name after that bit.
I don’t recall that comment but I’ll take your word for it. Luckily I’ve grown as an individual since then and NEVER make foolish posts anymore 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT