ADVERTISEMENT

BOK Turnpike Classic

When is the last time Arkansas played in Tulsa?

OSU and TU are my two favorite schools, in that order. I am an OSU grad, but both parents TU grad.

I am very glad the OSU vs. TU series is renewed. I hope it continues for many years. However, unless you are wearing the most Hurricane-tinged glasses, a 2 for 1 series is what this series should be. Both teams, IMO, clearly benefit from the game. OSU gets a close away game. And TU gets a marquee home game. But the difference is incremental attendance. OSU may see a percentage point increase in attendance. TU, however, will experience a sell-out. That is very good value.

I look forward to a great competitive game later this month.

This series reminds me of some folks I used to hang with... I would invite them over to my place. They would drink my beer and eat my food... then they tell me that their place was bigger and more comfortable and the gang should gather there.. they still expected me to bring the beer and food because, of course, big houses don't come cheap and they couldn't afford to pay for their big house and uptown lifestyle and still buy beer and food for everyone....

I ended that friendship. Just like this series should end.

This series reminds me of some folks I used to hang with... I would invite them over to my place. They would drink my beer and eat my food... then they tell me that their place was bigger and more comfortable and the gang should gather there.. they still expected me to bring the beer and food because, of course, big houses don't come cheap and they couldn't afford to pay for their big house and uptown lifestyle and still buy beer and food for everyone....

I ended that friendship. Just like this series should end.
I think you have it backwards........why in the world would we want to play in Tulsa for less money, with nothing at all to gain from it? We are not here to just do stuff to help other programs. If you guys pay us what we can make from a game in Stillwater , then fine, do a 1-1, if not there is no reason for us to do that. How many sell outs do you guys have a year when its not OSU or OU? What other P-5 schools do you guys do 1-1 with? I can tell you , we do not do 1-1 with non P-5 schools, there is no reason to

Why play you at 2-1 for use of your undersized stadium when we can get double what you pay on a one off in Notre Dame, Columbus, Austin, etc. and treat the alumni to great games. At a certain point, it becomes what it is: you know if you lose, and you might, the credibility of your program, which you crave so badly, will plummet.

Why play you at 2-1 for use of your undersized stadium when we can get double what you pay on a one off in Notre Dame, Columbus, Austin, etc. and treat the alumni to great games. At a certain point, it becomes what it is: you know if you lose, and you might, the credibility of your program, which you crave so badly, will plummet.
Go play those schools, but good luck getting them to play at all in Tulsa..........2-1 is the best you are going to get from us, if you don't like it, don't do it, I really like playing Tulsa, but there is absolutely no reason at all for us to do anything less than a 2-1

Skelly is quaint without pretenses.

Lewis is the epitome of rolling a turd in gold dust and diamonds. Sure it's shiny on the outside but it's still a POS underneath..

"Quaint without pretenses".....oh, that's good. Certainly lots of leg room and you can spread out and not have to worry about offending anyone because no one is within earshot! Had a buddy who's daughter recently started at TU, he decided to get season FB tics. Upon inquiring he learned there was a promotion where Coach Montgomery would assist with buy-one/get-one free. He found four on about the 35 yd line at Chapman and the ticket office said okay that's four hundred dollars. He said great, that's the season ticket price per seat?.....the rep said, no that's total for all of them for the season! You won't like him Noble, he graduated from that cow college in Stillwater.....there goes the quaint neighborhood ;)

I think you have it backwards........why in the world would we want to play in Tulsa for less money, with nothing at all to gain from it? We are not here to just do stuff to help other programs. If you guys pay us what we can make from a game in Stillwater , then fine, do a 1-1, if not there is no reason for us to do that. How many sell outs do you guys have a year when its not OSU or OU? What other P-5 schools do you guys do 1-1 with? I can tell you , we do not do 1-1 with non P-5 schools, there is no reason to

I always find it funny when the lower tier P5 schools act like they are doing non P5 schools a "favor" by giving them the " privilege" of playing them at their home stadiums. Because they have monetary needs that non P5 schools just don't have or understand. They have coaches salaries, facilities to maintain, travel budgets, scholarship expenses, etc. etc,. Of course, as a non P5 school, we have none of those issues and should understand perfectly well why we should be happy with a few crumbs. Why as a non P5 school, our athletic programs are little more than intramural sports and don't deserve an equal footing with any P5? Never mind the fact that they are only P5 because of blind dumb luck and OU's desire to make the annual kicking of the aggies asses a conference game.

I always find it funny when the lower tier P5 schools act like they are doing non P5 schools a "favor" by giving them the " privilege" of playing them at their home stadiums. Because they have monetary needs that non P5 schools just don't have or understand. They have coaches salaries, facilities to maintain, travel budgets, scholarship expenses, etc. etc,. Of course, as a non P5 school, we have none of those issues and should understand perfectly well why we should be happy with a few crumbs. Why as a non P5 school, our athletic programs are little more than intramural sports and don't deserve an equal footing with any P5? Never mind the fact that they are only P5 because of blind dumb luck and OU's desire to make the annual kicking of the aggies asses a conference game.
We all have the monetary needs, why do you think we should not do whats best for our program? This is football, not charity, ......Just give me one valid reason for us to play a 1-1 with Tulsa.

"Quaint without pretenses".....oh, that's good. Certainly lots of leg room and you can spread out and not have to worry about offending anyone because no one is within earshot! Had a buddy who's daughter recently started at TU, he decided to get season FB tics. Upon inquiring he learned there was a promotion where Coach Montgomery would assist with buy-one/get-one free. He found four on about the 35 yd line at Chapman and the ticket office said okay that's four hundred dollars. He said great, that's the season ticket price per seat?.....the rep said, no that's total for all of them for the season! You won't like him Noble, he graduated from that cow college in Stillwater.....there goes the quaint neighborhood ;)

The money's green.. hopefully from the ink and not from.. well..

Legroom is great. Beats sitting next the vomiting drunk with deodorant failure in Lewis.

Do they still let the wives in on the husbands ticket in Stillwater?.. I mean last time I checked, very few of those grain fed gals could fit their 36" hiney into Boones 14" seats.

Reactions: Gold*
We all have the monetary needs, why do you think we should not do whats best for our program? This is football, not charity, ......Just give me one valid reason for us to play a 1-1 with Tulsa.

You shouldn't. Just like we shouldn't allow you to make a 1-1 post on our bulletin board. From now on, you will only make 1 post for every 2 for each TU poster. Take that, big P5 school. Lol.

Now on your own board, you can post all you want. It's your board, you can do whatever you want with it, you can mess it up because it's yours. Oh wait, that the line from Hair Club For Men.

I love that OSU thinks they are a legit program. They are only P5 because they ride the back of OU and Texas. Let OSU think they are great. Who cares. The reason they need us is that the American has been rated at or above the Big 12 the last two years and their flagship program was run off the field by a team that could not win their division in the American.

Reactions: TULSARISING
I love that OSU thinks they are a legit program. They are only P5 because they ride the back of OU and Texas. Let OSU think they are great. Who cares. The reason they need us is that the American has been rated at or above the Big 12 the last two years and their flagship program was run off the field by a team that could not win their division in the American.
You can talk all the BS you want, there is not a single legit person who thinks the OSU football program is at the same level as OU or Texas, but there is also not any legit person that thinks the AAC is anywhere close to the Big-12..............I do think there is no question that OSU is the third best program in the Big-12, and a solid national top 20 program, which , is a long way from where we were just few years ago...........Just because one AAC school got a win over OU does not demonstrate how good a conference is, and thats not to say you guys can't come into Stillwater and pull a major upset, that is why they are called major upsets, everything has to come together perfect for one to happen

I will answer a question with a question... if you and OU weren't in the same conference and hadn't been since the formation of the big 8.. if you were still in the MVC with us.. would you expect OU to continue to give you a 1-1 or would you accept that they had needs and acquiesce to their demands for a 2-1?

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
I will answer a question with a question... if you and OU weren't in the same conference and hadn't been since the formation of the big 8.. if you were still in the MVC with us.. would you expect OU to continue to give you a 1-1 or would you accept that they had needs and acquiesce to their demands for a 2-1?[/QUOTIf that were the case , obviously the entire complexion of college football would be different than it is today , so there is no way to tell, if the MVC was on the same level as whatever conference OU was in then a 1-1, if not, if it was the equivalent of a non P-5 then no.........

Answer my question, give on valid reason we should do a 1-1? I honestly cannot think of any, if you have a valid one, I will happily acknowledge it

I will answer a question with a question... if you and OU weren't in the same conference and hadn't been since the formation of the big 8.. if you were still in the MVC with us.. would you expect OU to continue to give you a 1-1 or would you accept that they had needs and acquiesce to their demands for a 2-1?
Sorry messed that one up...........If the MVC was equal to a P-5 then a 1-1, if it was not and OU's conference was then 2-1

Answer my question, give one valid reason OSU and Tulsa should do a 1-1? I honestly cannot think of any, if you have one I will happily acknowledge it

You can talk all the BS you want, there is not a single legit person who thinks the OSU football program is at the same level as OU or Texas, but there is also not any legit person that thinks the AAC is anywhere close to the Big-12..............I do think there is no question that OSU is the third best program in the Big-12, and a solid national top 20 program, which , is a long way from where we were just few years ago...........Just because one AAC school got a win over OU does not demonstrate how good a conference is, and thats not to say you guys can't come into Stillwater and pull a major upset, that is why they are called major upsets, everything has to come together perfect for one to happen
When I hear our fans state something, it is usually a fact backing up there argument. Ex. The American is as good or better then the Big 12... Houston pops OU ( the Big 12 Champion)
Your response.... That doesn't mean anything!

Sorry messed that one up...........If the MVC was equal to a P-5 then a 1-1, if it was not and OU's conference was then 2-1

Answer my question, give one valid reason OSU and Tulsa should do a 1-1? I honestly cannot think of any, if you have one I will happily acknowledge it

How about the only common opponent last year.

Tulsa 55 C Michigan10
OSU 27 C Michigan 30

Yeah, that sure looks likes we should get 2 home games to your 1. Oh wait, you think you should get the 2-1? Name 1 good reason you should?

Tulsa 55 C Michigan10
OSU 27 C Michigan 30

Yeah, that sure looks likes we should get 2 home games to your 1. Oh wait, you think you should get the 2-1? Name 1 good reason you should?
This guy won't listen to facts, he's blinded by the OSU Kool aid, I have tried multiple times . Most of these OSU fans talking BS did not watch a Tulsa game last year whereas most of us know about OSU.

Tulsa 55 C Michigan10
OSU 27 C Michigan 30

One game does not mean anything, I bet we beat you guys comfortably

You said name 1 thing. I did Then you said it doesn't mean anything. Yes, you most likely will win your HOME game against us. Home field advantage helps win games.

I doubt you would have beaten us last year in Tulsa. The C Michigan game was a good indication of that. And you lost to them on your home field.

With those facts, you still think you deserve a 2-1? Play us 1-1 and the series would be quite different. I think you have a case of Orange Privledge.

You said name 1 thing. I did Then you said it doesn't mean anything. Yes, you most likely will win your HOME game against us. Home field advantage helps win games.

I doubt you would have beaten us last year in Tulsa. The C Michigan game was a good indication of that. And you lost to them on your home field.

With those facts, you still think you deserve a 2-1? Play us 1-1 and the series would be quite different. I think you have a case of Orange Privledge.
One game against a random team is not the basis for a 1-1. Ad I said, paybus what we can make for a home game, that would be the only way

I can't figure out UK. He still seems bent on the fact that P5 schools never play 1-1 series with non-P5, even though it's been shown that 8 of 10 Big 12 members currently have these contracts in place.

I know a lot of OSU grads and none of them are this stubborn. He's making his school look bad.

Ya, but a 45 point d
I can't figure out UK. He still seems bent on the fact that P5 schools never play 1-1 series with non-P5, even though it's been shown that 8 of 10 Big 12 members currently have these contracts in place.

I know a lot of OSU grads and none of them are this stubborn. He's making his school look bad.
Like I said, you can say all the facts you want, he is blinded by his orange and black sunglasses

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
CowboyintheUK,

You're not adhering to our 2-1 and 3-1 posting ratio. We demand that you only post 1 time to our 2/3 posts. This is an AAC board and we can't have posters from inferior posting conferences posting on a 1-1 basis.

We are a P5 posting conference and you're not. How dare you come over here and expect equal posting with a clearly superior posting team, playing in a clearly superior posting conference.

When you can pay us as much as we make posting on our home board, then we can talk about 1-1 posts. Until then, it will have to be 2-1 and 3-1 posts.

Silly, isn't it?

Last edited:
You're not adhering to our 2-1 and 3-1 posting ratio. We demand that you only post 1 time to our 2/3 posts. This is an AAC board and we can't have posters from inferior posting conferences posting on a 1-1 basis.

We are a P5 posting conference and you're not. How dare you come over here and expect equal posting with a clearly superior posting team, playing in a clearly superior posting conference.

When you can pay us as much as we make posting on our home board, then we can talk about 1-1 posts. Until then, it will have to be 2-1 and 3-1 posts.

Silly, isn't it?
I agree with you man lol, I was just trying to tell you he won't listen to facts even though you make perfect sense

Because it's good for the fans?

If it's about money I hope we never play you guys. We can get paid a great deal more traveling to play one of the big time programs for a one and done. Why would we want to help your budget out.

OU would have dumped OSU long ago if they could get away with it, but state government politics and budgeting prevents it.

Similarly, TU, if a public program, would have been in the Big 8/12 throughout the modern era.

If they real cut the teams down to 20 who are eligible to win the national championship like Saban and others have suggested, it will be interesting to see what will happen to Aggie football when OU leaves them behind.

OU would have dumped OSU long ago if they could get away with it, but state government politics and budgeting prevents it.

Similarly, TU, if a public program, would have been in the Big 8/12 throughout the modern era.

If they real cut the teams down to 20 who are eligible to win the national championship like Saban and others have suggested, it will be interesting to see what will happen to Aggie football when OU leaves them behind.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The aggies will then be knocking at the door of the AAC begging for TU to say a good word for them so they can join the league.

Reactions: Bill Lowery

I like the "orange privilege" but I think it needs to be "P-5 privilege"...

Honestly when I look at this series, I don't see dollar signs.. I see a rivalry. And it used to be fun. Even when we got our asses kicked, it was fun. Now all the aggies want is us to respect their P-5 status (even though they got it by chance rather than hard work), they want us to respect their trust fund tradition, and bow to them because like some orange clad nouveau riche clown they have a fancy new suit.

The small amount of success they have had lately has gone to their heads. Honestly most aggies I know are like UK. All they talk about is money. Whether it's money in athletics or money in life. They all remind me of Trump. " we have a stadium, it is huge. Best stadium ever. Spared no expense. It's going to be OSU first from now on. Complete loyalty.. other programs will come to us and respect us or else.."

All I want is to go to the games and enjoy them. But that's impossible when the a-hole sitting next to you complains the entire time that his school is getting financially screwed...

All I really want is for this series to end. It is no longer fun.

Last edited:
I think UK might have graduated from the School of Dexter Manley College of 'Higher' Education while at osu!

Skelly is quaint without pretenses.

Lewis is the epitome of rolling a turd in gold dust and diamonds. Sure it's shiny on the outside but it's still a POS underneath..

Yea it's quaint because no one shows up for any of the games. I think the jenks/union game was the last sell out.

Tulsa 55 C Michigan10
OSU 27 C Michigan 30

Transitive properties and reasoning never works in football. How many games has OU and OSU played down to the competition? The answer is a lot because most teams can't get up for every game. It has nothing to do with ability or how good they are as a team.

As for the big 12, the conditioning and caliber of athletes that teams face week to week is far greater than the AAC. Houston would struggle to win as much as they have in the AAC because after playing Tulane they have to prepare for east Carolina. A far contrast from playing Kansas state, OU, TCU, Baylor, or OSU.

Transitive properties and reasoning never works in football. How many games has OU and OSU played down to the competition? The answer is a lot because most teams can't get up for every game. It has nothing to do with ability or how good they are as a team.

As for the big 12, the conditioning and caliber of athletes that teams face week to week is far greater than the AAC. Houston would struggle to win as much as they have in the AAC because after playing Tulane they have to prepare for east Carolina. A far contrast from playing Kansas state, OU, TCU, Baylor, or OSU.
Not a big contrast from playing Kansas then Iowa State.

I love how Houston rips the big 12 champ and then they cannot play the "greatness" of the Big 12. OSU still does not realize that they are only mentioned in any conversation because they ride the back of OU. They are just a little kid hanging on to OU's leg and then begging for OU to protect them.

I love how Houston rips the big 12 champ and t then they cannot play the "greatness" of the Big 12. OSU still does not realize that they are only mentioned in any conversation because they ride the back of OU. They are just a little kid hanging on to OU's leg and then begging for OU to protect them.
Here in the future , the NCAA will go to 4, 16 team super conferences, OSU will be squarely in the middle of that, will Tulsa?

Yea it's quaint because no one shows up for any of the games. I think the jenks/union game was the last sell out.

Did you have trouble catching your sheep after it got out?... this was like a week ago?..

Honestly, I knew you aggies were slow.. but...

Reactions: TULSARISING
Here in the future , the NCAA will go to 4, 16 team super conferences, OSU will be squarely in the middle of that, will Tulsa?

You're right.. OSU will be squarely in the middle of that... because the 8 teams at the top will need a whipping boy.

Tulsa won't be there.. because tulsa doesn't make enough money for old white men who make their money from unpaid young black boys..

You're right.. OSU will be squarely in the middle of that... because the 8 teams at the top will need a whipping boy.

Tulsa won't be there.. because tulsa doesn't make enough money for old white men who make their money from unpaid young black boys..
10 years or so ago, both schools made decisions on which way their football programs would go, we went in totally different directions, it's not our fault which direction you chose

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT