ADVERTISEMENT

BOK Turnpike Classic

Did you have trouble catching your sheep after it got out?... this was like a week ago?..

Honestly, I knew you aggies were slow.. but...

Oh, I see you are a closet sooner fan. This all makes sense. You feel so inferior that you have to crack animal jokes. Only people laughing will be OSU fans at the scoreboard at half time.

Oh, I see you are a closet sooner fan. This all makes sense. You feel so inferior that you have to crack animal jokes. Only people laughing will be OSU fans at the scoreboard at half time.
Idk man, we seen what your fans like doing to reindeer

different directions? You do realize that there were a couple of reasons you are able to be where you are today. 1. OU was nice and decided to keep you along for the ride and 2. OU and Texas were Really nice and decided to not leave their little brothers for a better conference. Be thankful because it has NOTHING to do with OSU.

different directions? You do realize that there were a couple of reasons you are able to be where you are today. 1. OU was nice and decided to keep you along for the ride and 2. OU and Texas were Really nice and decided to not leave their little brothers for a better conference. Be thankful because it has NOTHING to do with OSU.
Whatever makes you feel better

I will say this. TU is not going in the opposite direction of OSU. Both have done well in their respective conferences.

However, I do believe that OSU has a tougher schedule by far.

Wow.. I knew you were slow but I never figured you for Trumpish paranoia...

10 years or so ago, both schools made decisions on which way their football programs would go, we went in totally different directions, it's not our fault which direction you chose

Never said the perceived direction change was your fault..

OSU has advantages Tulsa will never have..

1. A fortuitous conference affiliation that the legislature will never allow to dissolve..
2. State funding of the university that enables the Athletic Department to pursue outside funding for operations without burdensome budget sharing
3. A robber baron benefactor that funds the program with plundered money from lives destroyed in Bartlesville..
4. A built in state rivalry that HAS to be played
5. Larger student enrollment and built in alumni base due to land grant college status..

These are just a few..

But the joke is still on You... no amount of money can buy you a tradition and a perennial seat at the big boy table... just ask Oregon..

I would look for your fans but half the stadium is empty

Let's look at that in another way... TU has about 26,000 alums and puts about 20,000 in the bleachers and OSU has over 200,000 alums and can't fill a 60,000 seat stadium. Those percentages would weigh heavily in TU's favor.

I will say this. TU is not going in the opposite direction of OSU. Both have done well in their respective conferences.

However, I do believe that OSU has a tougher schedule by far.
I will clarify what I mean by going in opposite directions, but first, If Chris Harmon reads this , please don;t take this as an insult or think I am slamming the Tulsa program, this is just what I thought at the time and still do to a certain extent. I have great respect to Tulsa football.
In the late 1990s and early 2000s, OSU and Tulsa were almost identical programs. Tulsa was a really good program in a smaller conference and OSU was a very average , at best , program in a larger conference........Skelly stadium was a slightly smaller version of Lewis Field, the schools would go head to head on probably 10 recruits a year with both getting around half, when we played in Stillwater , OSU won, when played in Tulsa , Tulsa won, and just about every game was a nail biter no matter who came out on top. OSU had a decent history over the years, but the big surprise to me was the history of Tulsa football, I had no idea how good it was....fantastic.........when both schools decided to upgrade, OSU went from a 50,000 seat stadium to 60,000, from 0 suites to 122, from 0 club seats to 3500......went from very poor facilities to a 300,000 square foot football complex,.......where Tulsa did some great things to now Chapman stadium, but, dropped from a capacity in the 40 thousands to a capacity in the 20 thousands...........that limited Tulsa to non P-5 conferences, and despite the AAC being, IMO ,by far the best non P-5 conference it took both schools in opposite directions.........unfortunately College football is much more of a business than it used to be, I for one (and I have stated the opposite on here, because they are the true reasons and not my feelings) would love a 1-1 series in all sports, but its not going to happen in today's environment.

Let's look at that in another way... TU has about 26,000 alums and puts about 20,000 in the bleachers and OSU has over 200,000 alums and can't fill a 60,000 seat stadium. Those percentages would weigh heavily in TU's favor.

What a crock analysis.....

Tulsa is located in a metro area approaching 1 million in population - with no other college football within 60 miles. With a much better product and a first class coach you've drawn less attendance the past two years than the Blankenship era. Based on average announced attendance of roughly 19K per game (last in the ACC).....there were games you didn't have 10K there. Your ticket prices are unbelievably reasonable....for $89 a family of four can sit in the end zone with season tickets! Coach Montgomery has pleaded recently for better attendance.

Yet you want to dog OSU ("can't fill a 60,000 seat stadium") whose average attendance has increased from roughly 42K to 55K in the last decade (we drew 60,218 for Baylor a few years back)? Yes, we have many more graduates....but factor in the average ticket cost and travel distance and it pales in comparison to what TU produces. The difference is a college football atmosphere with pageantry. Nobility Cane can spout on about OSU's robber baron / state school, tied to ou advantages....blah, blah, blah. He can insult what our unwashed fan base is like to sit next to....blah, blah, blah. But the difference is perceived better opponents/quality of football and a good game day experience on a college campus. People are apparently willing to drive farther and pay significantly more to attend games in BPS versus Chapman Stadium.

I've been to many TU football and basketball games. Yes, the intellect in the air is scintillating and there is more than ample leg room to be comfortable. Congrats your cheerleaders will undoubtedly be corporate executives someday.

Reactions: Wally12
you know what's funny? You act like your statement of "no other college football for 60 miles" actually holds weight. Tulsa is FULL of OU and OSU alumns, and you act like the distance to norman and Stillwater being greater than 60 miles away matter. What are we talking, 90 and 115 miles to both places? GTFO with your ridiculous distance statement.

Most of TU's alums move away and don't live and stay in Tulsa like OSU and OU alums tend to do.

Typical OSU fan ragging on Tulsa's attendance. Fact is, when you're a HUGE school...you can more easily fill it.

NOW STFU TROLL.

Nobility Cane can spout on about OSU's robber baron / state school, tied to ou advantages....blah, blah, blah. He can insult what our unwashed fan base is like to sit next to....blah, blah, blah..

I will take that as an admission of guilt.

Reactions: TULSARISING
you know what's funny? You act like your statement of "no other college football for 60 miles" actually holds weight. Tulsa is FULL of OU and OSU alumns, and you act like the distance to norman and Stillwater being greater than 60 miles away matter. What are we talking, 90 and 115 miles to both places..

You forgot to mention the short hop to Fayetteville... and all the pig grads...

What a crock analysis.....

Tulsa is located in a metro area approaching 1 million in population - with no other college football within 60 miles. With a much better product and a first class coach you've drawn less attendance the past two years than the Blankenship era. Based on average announced attendance of roughly 19K per game (last in the ACC).....there were games you didn't have 10K there. Your ticket prices are unbelievably reasonable....for $89 a family of four can sit in the end zone with season tickets! Coach Montgomery has pleaded recently for better attendance.

Yet you want to dog OSU ("can't fill a 60,000 seat stadium") whose average attendance has increased from roughly 42K to 55K in the last decade (we drew 60,218 for Baylor a few years back)? Yes, we have many more graduates....but factor in the average ticket cost and travel distance and it pales in comparison to what TU produces. The difference is a college football atmosphere with pageantry. Nobility Cane can spout on about OSU's robber baron / state school, tied to ou advantages....blah, blah, blah. He can insult what our unwashed fan base is like to sit next to....blah, blah, blah. But the difference is perceived better opponents/quality of football and a good game day experience on a college campus. People are apparently willing to drive farther and pay significantly more to attend games in BPS versus Chapman Stadium.

I've been to many TU football and basketball games. Yes, the intellect in the air is scintillating and there is more than ample leg room to be comfortable. Congrats your cheerleaders will undoubtedly be corporate executives someday.
If memory serves me correctly, the guy that owns QuikTrip was a TU cheerleader and I know of at least female Pom Pon girl who heads a midsized company. Just sayin ...

Reactions: TULSARISING
I looked through some other Big 12 future schedules and it seems that OSU and K-State are the only members that refuse to schedule 1-1 series with non-P5 schools.

Here are just a few more examples:

Baylor/BYU
Iowa State/Ark State
Iowa State/UNLV
Iowa State/Akron
Kansas/Houston
Kansas/Ohio
Kansas/Central Mich
Texas/UCF
TCU/SMU
Texas Tech/Houston
West Virginia/East Carolina
Kansas/Central Michigan is a 2 for 1. They've already played one game in Lawrence like three years ago.

I would just like you guys to give one good reason why it should be 1-1, OSU like all other Athletic programs is not here to lose money

I would just like you guys to give one good reason why it should be 1-1, OSU like all other Athletic programs is not here to lose money

But, it would seem, based on your logic, that Tulsa's is.

Your Orange Supremacist act has gotten old...

Out of all the people on this site, you seem like the most delusional, bitter, jealous little brother.

And there you have the essence of the Boones Troll... they all want us to be grateful little brothers , enjoy our scraps from their table, kiss their royal a$$es, and not complain about our seats in the back of the bus.

Orange Power!
Orange Power!

It even seems like it needs a tiki torch doesnt it?

You're right.. OSU will be squarely in the middle of that... because the 8 teams at the top will need a whipping boy.

Tulsa won't be there.. because tulsa doesn't make enough money for old white men who make their money from unpaid young black boys..
EDUCATION!

And there you have the essence of the Boones Troll... they all want us to be grateful little brothers , enjoy our scraps from their table, kiss their royal a$$es, and not complain about our seats in the back of the bus.

Orange Power!
Orange Power!

Grateful, lol. You have a right to think what you want but you sure act jealous of little OSU. Apparently, all our 9-10 win seasons and bowl victories are just garbage and we will never compete with big schools.

Orange Power!
Orange Power!

The poop rolls downhill, we are in the same position with OU, although the gap has closed some in recent years, , as I think it has with OSU and Tulsa also,( maybe not closed, but both have gotten much better)....OSU can beat OU on certain years when things come together right, just as Tulsa can beat OSU on certain years, I just don;t think this is the year, we have a ton of production returning, you guys lost a ton.........next time we play could be the opposite

So.. you think Tulsa is an FCS School now?

Typical Orange Supremacist talk.

Orange Power!
The comparison is Chapman's capacity is about half of BPS, their stadium seats 18,000 about half of Chapman, would you play a 1-1 getting paid what they can probably pay?

Grateful, lol. You have a right to think what you want but you sure act jealous of little OSU. Apparently, all our 9-10 win seasons and bowl victories are just garbage and we will never compete with big schools.

Not jealous, just disgusted with a nouveau riche fan base that acts like they are Alabama when just ten years ago their programs overall win loss ratio was sub .500...

Disgusted with a fan base that used to be level headed and fun to hang with, but, now is obsessed with money and gets prickly every time someone points out that their emperor has no clothes.

Reactions: theSeanDon
Personally I would not expect Ohio State , Alabama , Michigan ....ect to sign a 1-1 with us, unless we promised them close to what they would make from their home game with us

The comparison is Chapman's capacity is about half of BPS, their stadium seats 18,000 about half of Chapman, would you play a 1-1 getting paid what they can probably pay?

No.. you compared us to an FCS school...

I am through with you. You have no credibility.

Not jealous, just disgusted with a nouveau riche fan base that acts like they are Alabama when just ten years ago their programs overall win loss ratio was sub .500...

Disgusted with a fan base that used to be level headed and fun to hang with, but, now is obsessed with money and gets prickly every time someone points out that their emperor has no clothes.

OSU isn't making that much money. Their operating expenses are higher so they have to produce more revenue to offset the cost.

Our fan base use to not care about football but we are trying to have higher expectations now. We have the coach and talent to compete at a higher level. No, we are not Alabama but we aspire to compete at that level. Are we there? No where close.

OSU isn't making that much money. Their operating expenses are higher so they have to produce more revenue to offset the cost.

Our fan base use to not care about football but we are trying to have higher expectations now. We have the coach and talent to compete at a higher level. No, we are not Alabama but we aspire to compete at that level. Are we there? No where close.

What do you mean you aren't making money? You made almost $40MM off of your big 12 affiliation alone.. and that was for just being a member and not winning a game.

There is still a big difference in revenue, attendance and quality of athletes

Also don't forget.. in most cases student body sizes, TV audience, and marketing possibilities...

Honestly, if I'm selling NCAA licensed college logo fleshlights, I would rather have OSU in the championships than Tulsa..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT