ADVERTISEMENT

Blankenship can coach some prep ball

How did it end ?

Rams stopped on 4th down at the 1. Union kicks 26 yd FG.

This is the 3rd week in a row I've seen a game end on a FG.

Thanks for keeping this up Babe, I actually enjoy following Coach B, sad it didn't work out at TU, but good to see him back in the HS ranks kicking tail. Sure is easier to find my Friday evening HS update here than trying clunky KTUL or KOTV.

Thanks for keeping this up Babe, I actually enjoy following Coach B, sad it didn't work out at TU, but good to see him back in the HS ranks kicking tail. Sure is easier to find my Friday evening HS update here than trying clunky KTUL or KOTV.

Thanks Stevo. I think these are the two best teams in the state and may meet up again down the road. I will say that it looked like the better team won tonight and it took a couple of really bizarre plays to keep the Rams in it.

Thanks Stevo. I think these are the two best teams in the state and may meet up again down the road. I will say that it looked like the better team won tonight and it took a couple of really bizarre plays to keep the Rams in it.

Possibly the most well written story, so in depth.

what a writeup...

Rams stopped on 4th down at the 1. Union kicks 26 yd FG.

This is the 3rd week in a row I've seen a game end on a FG.
So are you saying that Owasso had the ball first in the second overtime, and they tried to score a TD on 4th-and-1 instead of kicking a field goal. And then Union just needed a FG to win?

Sounds like an incredible game...I was at a horse show and didn't get to pay attention to it.

So are you saying that Owasso had the ball first in the second overtime, and they tried to score a TD on 4th-and-1 instead of kicking a field goal. And then Union just needed a FG to win?

Yes, that's what happened. Both teams scored a TD in the first OT. Owasso had scored with 13 seconds left to force overtime.

I was concerned Owasso wasn't for real but apparently they are. All the excitement is legit. Great freaking game last night!

Union always has a fantastic band. High school marching band has come a long way over the past 20 years or so.

Yes, the Union show is very entertaining. There actually is a Top 30 national ranking for high school bands. This week BA is #2, Union is #26 and Owasso is #28.

The 2016 final poll had BA 2, Owasso 23, Union 24.

All 3 bands will be competing in the Grand National Championship in Indianapolis in November.

Last edited:
I was concerned Owasso wasn't for real but apparently they are. All the excitement is legit. Great freaking game last night!

Union RB Keviyon Cooper had to be rushed to the hospital last night for emergency surgery. The stories I'm hearing are very serious. I hope he's ok. He's an outstanding player.

Just looked at those rankings,
Christ almighty Texas, Texas, Texas.

1. Texas(16/30)
2. Indiana(4/30)
3. Oklahoma(3/30)

Just looked at those rankings,
Christ almighty Texas, Texas, Texas.

1. Texas(16/30)
2. Indiana(4/30)
3. Oklahoma(3/30)

The bigtime Texas bands have just recently started traveling to the national championships in Indiana. Until a few years ago, the Oklahoma big 3 were legit contenders for the finals, which is the top 12. Now, only BA seems to be able to maintain that highest level.

I thought you guys said if we didn't complain about the HS football thread that you wouldn't go all band geek on us?!? Seriously, what if recruits are reading this board??

I thought you guys said if we didn't complain about the HS football thread that you wouldn't go all band geek on us?!? Seriously, what if recruits are reading this board??

Haha point taken. Hey I posted a dissertation for everyone to discuss a few threads down and it's a ghost town over there - plenty of things to discuss other than band :)

Deal. We'll keep this thread to HS football talk only as long as the posts remain positive.

Wagoner goes for a state record 43rd consecutive win on Friday vs McLain. That's very impressive.

Geez.. who bumped this thread?

If we’re gonna talk prep sports can we at least change the title?

Or begin the debate.. Hurricane vs Rams? Point spread? Early line Rams -3,5.

Babe's editorial: The 6A split and forcing westside teams to come over here is a shame. Less than 50 in the visitor bleachers tonight.

Rams up 53-7 over Putnam North.

A name to remember: Isaiah Jacobs (Soph) got extended playing time last night and showed some serious potential. His brother is at Alabama. I expect recruiters to be all over this one next season.

Well, other than Kiefer/Liberty and Beaver/Hooker that have already been mentioned, I'd go with Norman North at Union in a rematch of last year's championship game. North needs to show if they are a contender or pretender.

A name to remember: Isaiah Jacobs (Soph) got extended playing time last night and showed some serious potential. His brother is at Alabama. I expect recruiters to be all over this one next season.
What instrument does he play? Don't we need a new trombone player?

Dude was impressive as hell last night at WR.

His brother was a very late recruit to Bama. Someone needs to swoop in early on this one. I know it was with the 2nd & 3rd string against a bad team but he does appear to have the skill set.

His brother was a very late recruit to Bama. Someone needs to swoop in early on this one. I know it was with the 2nd & 3rd string against a bad team but he does appear to have the skill set.
How did Owasso get his brother? Wasn't Josh a Mclain kid?

Weekly roundup:

Union over Norman North by 14 after trailing by 11 in the first half. Redskins practically clinch division.

BA over Edmond Santa Fe by a bunch and clinch home playoff game.

Owasso over Southmoore by 46 on Thursday. SMoore doesn't have their own stadium so the game had to be played on a non-standard night before about a hundred fans. Another negative consequence of the 6A split.

Rams travel to Norman N next week with a home playoff game on the line.

Wagoner extends their win streak to 44 with a close win over Oologah.

I didn't get scores on Keifer/Liberty or Beaver/Hooker.

Reactions: TULSARISING
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT