ADVERTISEMENT

Blankenship can coach some prep ball

Different game but BTW has a couple of tall athletic receivers I hope we’re looking at.

Holy crap did you see that run after catch by Cabrera?!

TU doesn’t think they need a kid like this.

Stats from two games before playoffs:

5'9, 195lbs, 4.59-40yds, 4.1 shuttle, 495lb squat, 315lb bench, 300lb clean,
9 game stats- 920yds rushing 19tds, 405 yds recving 5 tds which equals 1,325 yds total and 24tds and has sat out a total of 10qtrs
4x- Tulsa Bone and Joint Player of the game, 1x-Yur-View Mazzios Player of the Game
3.8GPA
Act score- 23

Reactions: jesterondirt
TU doesn’t think they need a kid like this.

Stats from two games before playoffs:

5'9, 195lbs, 4.59-40yds, 4.1 shuttle, 495lb squat, 315lb bench, 300lb clean,
9 game stats- 920yds rushing 19tds, 405 yds recving 5 tds which equals 1,325 yds total and 24tds and has sat out a total of 10qtrs
4x- Tulsa Bone and Joint Player of the game, 1x-Yur-View Mazzios Player of the Game
3.8GPA
Act score- 23
They’d love to have him as a preferred walk-on. Unfortunately he’s not a better running back prospect than TK and not a better WR prospect than Cooksey or Perez etc. He would be great as a Rowdy Simon type that works his way into a scholarship.

Reactions: HuffyCane
They’d love to have him as a preferred walk-on. Unfortunately he’s not a better running back prospect than TK and not a better WR prospect than Cooksey or Perez etc. He would be great as a Rowdy Simon type that works his way into a scholarship.

He’s much better than Simon and can catch out of backfield as good as anyone I’ve seen.

His stats show that he sat the second half of a few games and he still has great stats.

If the Championship was his one time big performance I would get it. But it not. He was actually a couple TD’s shy of his average.

Reactions: jesterondirt
Union shot themselves in the foot several times tonight. Congrats to Owasso though. With the current state of coaching and talent in the 6A schools in the east side...I’d look for 6A-1 to develop an east/west scenario that forces a championship game between a west School and an east School. Otherwise you may never see the gold ball on the west side again. Same for 6A2.

On Cabrera...the kid has a lot of heart and desire. Without the elite speed at his size, it’s hard to see him in a P6 program. Watch him end up at North Texas and tear things up for the next 4 yrs.

Union shot themselves in the foot several times tonight. Congrats to Owasso though. With the current state of coaching and talent in the 6A schools in the east side...I’d look for 6A-1 to develop an east/west scenario that forces a championship game between a west School and an east School. Otherwise you may never see the gold ball on the west side again. Same for 6A2.

On Cabrera...the kid has a lot of heart and desire. Without the elite speed at his size, it’s hard to see him in a P6 program. Watch him end up at North Texas and tear things up for the next 4 yrs.

He’s been on officials there and at SMU.
I believe his 40 time is what Brooks was his SR year.

He’s much better than Simon and can catch out of backfield as good as anyone I’ve seen.

His stats show that he sat the second half of a few games and he still has great stats.

If the Championship was his one time big performance I would get it. But it not. He was actually a couple TD’s shy of his average.
As much praise as Blankenship is getting (which is well deserved) this season is not what it is without Bryce playing in my opinion. He is legit.

Reactions: Weatherdemon
I'm surprised that Union didn't throw the ball toward CJ Moore more often. It looks like OSU is getting a good one there.

We need a short yardage back. Somebody that gets us 4 yards whether they know he is coming or not, whether it is 1 and 10 or 3 and 3.

Until that hole is filled, it’s hard for me to get excited using up walk on space for another 4.6 back with a low SAT score. The 300 clean is legit tho for a hs kid. He must be explosive.

Bill Blankenship has been named Coach of the Year for 2017 by the Daily Oklahoman. Owasso QB Will Kuehne, RB Bryce Cabrera and DB Josh Proctor were all named 1st team All State.

Bill Blankenship has been named Coach of the Year for 2017 by the Daily Oklahoman. Owasso QB Will Kuehne, RB Bryce Cabrera and DB Josh Proctor were all named 1st team All State.
Two champs, two states, two years. Don't know how much the pain lingers for this man for those last two years at TU, but this and the two HS championships have to help greatly. Well deserved. ( Coach Blank ringing the trophy in a 90% empty Liberty Bowl will always be one of my best memories).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT