ADVERTISEMENT

BEAT WICHITA STATE!!!!

I can just imagine one of us being okay that our kid is gay.... just as long as they don't root for one of three teams.

Hey friends, your friendly public address announcer here. First off, let me just say how appreciative I am for the opportunity to announce Tulsa Football and Men's Basketball games. As a Tulsa native, it's not lost on me the magnitude of the position I've been entrusted. With that said, I hope to see everyone in the Reynolds Center this weekend, wearing blue and yelling LOUD.

Now for a little help: it's True Blue Day this Saturday, and we're filling up the TU Football equipment truck with clothes, water and non-perishable food items for True Blue Neighbors and the Oklahoma Food Bank. I've decided to donate an item for every RT I get on my latest tweet. I urge all of you to head over and hit RT, and if you're coming to the game on Saturday, please consider donating yourself. Any donations will earn you a free t-shirt! REIGN CANE!

Tad and Vance would be A&M names...they'd wear cowboy boots all the time except for their fake military cult uniforms, and have several pairs of "dress jeans"

You know TU once emplyed someone named Tad who served in the real military, right? lol

It's looking like we're about 1000 or so from a sell out. If people show up it'll be a really good atmosphere and probably 25% WSU fans. If people don't show it'll end up half and half I'm guessing

It's looking like we're about 1000 or so from a sell out. If people show up it'll be a really good atmosphere and probably 25% WSU fans. If people don't show it'll end up half and half I'm guessing
If the folks who have those lower bowl center court seats show up it’ll look good. If not it’ll still look empty on TV.

Reactions: loca2874
This article is hard to read, mostly because it doesn't make a ton of sense. We are all well aware Tulsa played pretty terrible in the non-conference schedule. Very disjointed, no rhythm. Conference season has been a little different. Maybe do a side by side of numbers in conference. Plus, Tulsa's season changed on a dime the second Darien Jackson hit a 3-pt shot against Houston.

Plus the article doesn't take into account that Tulsa, while it does have a lot of players considered JR/SR by class, does not have a lot of experience within its program. Rachal, Ugboh, Jones are all JRs by classification but this is their 1st year to play (Jones was a RS so was here last year). Joiner and Jackson are the only true TU JRs spending all 3 years in the program. Horne is a JR but sat out his 1st yr after transferring and is playing his 2nd season.

The Whiskeyta State article was written under the influence?

It is great to be battling Tulsa again and great to see Tulsa on top of the league with the Shox paying a visit.

Also great to see so many seats in your arena sold.

If we can fire this rivalry up again like it was back in the days of Nolan Richardson and Gene Smithson, there's gonna be some fun times up ahead.

Here's hoping for a great game without any injuries. I'm confident that no matter who loses, they will be able to blame it on the referees. That's been true of both fan bases for many games in this league, but not so much for Memphis after their game at your place.

Back when Joe Swank was the coach at the Fairgrounds Pavilion there was a fight that broke out between their fans and some TU football players... And the game was exciting too!

It is great to be battling Tulsa again and great to see Tulsa on top of the league with the Shox paying a visit.

Also great to see so many seats in your arena sold.

If we can fire this rivalry up again like it was back in the days of Nolan Richardson and Gene Smithson, there's gonna be some fun times up ahead.

Here's hoping for a great game without any injuries. I'm confident that no matter who loses, they will be able to blame it on the referees. That's been true of both fan bases for many games in this league, but not so much for Memphis after their game at your place.
Truer sentiments have never been spoken on this board.

This article is hard to read, mostly because it doesn't make a ton of sense. We are all well aware Tulsa played pretty terrible in the non-conference schedule. Very disjointed, no rhythm. Conference season has been a little different. Maybe do a side by side of numbers in conference. Plus, Tulsa's season changed on a dime the second Darien Jackson hit a 3-pt shot against Houston.

Plus the article doesn't take into account that Tulsa, while it does have a lot of players considered JR/SR by class, does not have a lot of experience within its program. Rachal, Ugboh, Jones are all JRs by classification but this is their 1st year to play (Jones was a RS so was here last year). Joiner and Jackson are the only true TU JRs spending all 3 years in the program. Horne is a JR but sat out his 1st yr after transferring and is playing his 2nd season.

My apologies. The writer in this case (Hayden Barber) is not the Shocker beat writer, but rather a struggling K-State 3rd string writer, His articles generally create the same reaction with Shocker fans.

Here is a recent article by the Shocker beat writer (Taylor Eldridge) who is quite the stats guy and loves to break down plays with video.

https://www.kansas.com/article239810938.html

Past Rivalry
https://www.kansas.com/sports/college/wichita-state/article239837768.html
Good Luck with the game, Hope they play well, no one gets hurt and the Shox win :sunglasses:

Chances of a sellout tomorrow?

Last edited:
Looks like we’re a few hundred away. The tickets up in the corners may have to be walk ups. Even when we were really good those were slow to sell.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT