ADVERTISEMENT

BEAT WICHITA STATE!!!!

Oddly it seemed like Houston began going away from their "Monster" post-double in the second half of their game and started straight up fronting Echenique. They gave up some buckets and some fouls.... but their buckets weren't easy and he isn't a great FT shooter.

It's going to be tougher to deny him the ball in the middle of the zone like we did with Achiuwa though.... Memphis couldn't make an open three to save their lives. I wouldn't bet on Wichita having that same problem.
I agree on WSU being a much better shooting team than Memphis. In a lot of ways, Marshall's philosophy is similar to Haith's and is built on great shooters. We just haven't had the great shooters to make it work. This year we have serviceable shooters. What we have this year are guys like Joiner, Horne, Rachal, et. al who can beat their guy off the dribble for close in shots. We are not settling for 3's and we're getting a ton of great looks from 8 ft and in.

I'd take the same approach as Houston and try to bring the late double and force him to either chuck up a shot or make a bad pass. We've been pretty successful at it. Jones may be a key player in this game to eat some of those fouls to force Echenique to earn his point.

According to TU, 6 sections of the Reynold's Center have been sold out for Saturday including a couple of upper deckers.

If anyone knows up to 4 people who would go to the game if free tix were available, I'll pay for them. But I'm not local so I can't do any legwork in Tulsa. You/they will have to handle that. Surely one of you all can find some people who will go for free??
COME ON, SOMEBODY TAKE MY F*****G MONEY!! What is this country coming to, a guy can't even give money away! Deal's off if you wait to the last minute, I'm not paying an arm and a leg in the secondary market. I want to support TU, not some loser trying to ditch their tickets for a pay day instead of going to the game themselves.

Last edited:
Reactions: astonmartin708
According to TU, 6 sections of the Reynold's Center have been sold out for Saturday including a couple of upper deckers.
I told you guys we should have taken the upper deckers so the Hitachi State fans would have to pay high $. Next time I say to take an upper decker.... I want you to take an upper decker.

Bowling. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
My son (high school junior) got a recruiting letter from Wichita St on Friday. He threw it away without opening.

He’s a fine young man.
WSU has a nationally recognized bowling program. Tulsa never had one of those. All we did was compete against OSU, East Central U, Northeastern Ok, and ORU.

WSU has a nationally recognized bowling program. Tulsa never had one of those. All we did was compete against OSU, East Central U, Northeastern Ok, and ORU.
Which is why Wichita will be so bitter not to get the kid.

Just got our tickets. The lower bowl is getting close to selling out. The end by the concorse was still fairly open though.

Probably not any more important than the home game against SMU a couple of seasons back.

I REALLY wish I could make this game, I’ll be in Tulsa most of the week for business but have to come home for my daughter’s 2nd birthday party.

I’ll be yelling so loud you’ll hear me through the TV though!

Nice to see a rivalry game mean something again. Nice curb stomp on Memphis.

I need 2,000 tickets for Shocker fans. Hope you don’t mind a little company.

He could go to a worse school depending on what he wants to pursue. Hell, it was one of those crazy letters that lured me to TU from Massachusetts

I’d like to let him choose his school since I didn’t have that choice when I was his age. I was sent to TU with no other option.

He does know that his parents won’t pay for Wichita or Houston though. Anything else would probably be acceptable. We do have to keep some priorities.

COME ON, SOMEBODY TAKE MY F*****G MONEY!! What is this country coming to, a guy can't even give money away! Deal's off if you wait to the last minute, I'm not paying an arm and a leg in the secondary market. I want to support TU, not some loser trying to ditch their tickets for a pay day instead of going to the game themselves.

I'm in if you are still willing, ya' know, for America. Any ticket, anywhere. Tell me how to do this.

I don't drink alcohol in the month of January, but I'm back on the sauce February 1st, so I promise to be loud. The wife also enjoys channeling outrage (probably at me) into cheering for TU. I'd be happy to bring along 2 friends and wow them with what a real TU game should be like (a rowdy TU crowd watching a hard scrappy team fight a top 25 conference match up). As a bonus: the wife and two friends I'm thinking of bringing attended the Boise State bball and UCF football game this year, so I'm pretty sure they're good luck.

To be fair, if you're out, I'm probably still in for 2 tickets. Wife was laid off recently, but I think 2 tickets go in the category of essential spending. :wink:

I'm in if you are still willing, ya' know, for America. Any ticket, anywhere. Tell me how to do this.

I don't drink alcohol in the month of January, but I'm back on the sauce February 1st, so I promise to be loud. The wife also enjoys channeling outrage (probably at me) into cheering for TU. I'd be happy to bring along 2 friends and wow them with what a real TU game should be like (a rowdy TU crowd watching a hard scrappy team fight a top 25 conference match up). As a bonus: the wife and two friends I'm thinking of bringing attended the Boise State bball and UCF football game this year, so I'm pretty sure they're good luck.

To be fair, if you're out, I'm probably still in for 2 tickets. Wife was laid off recently, but I think 2 tickets go in the category of essential spending. :wink:
Positive vibes to you and your wife and here's to hoping for a quick recovery!

I’d like to let him choose his school since I didn’t have that choice when I was his age. I was sent to TU with no other option.

He does know that his parents won’t pay for Wichita or Houston though. Anything else would probably be acceptable. We do have to keep some priorities.
Absolutely. As much as I would love for my kids to go to TU (and they love TU), my son will probably get to pick where he wants to go if he keeps doing the things he is doing now. My daughter will probably end up at OSU if she continues wanting to be a vet (although Mizzou may come into play to appease grandma).

And I'm hoping the recent revelation that my great (x9 or maybe 10) grandfather was Thomas Dudley might have some pull.

What if he wants to go to Smoo?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT