ADVERTISEMENT

BEAT WICHITA STATE!!!!

Gold*

Serious Cat Circle of Honor
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2003
That’s all that matters. Cut the rest of the crap.

If you are in the Tulsa area, there’s no reason you shouldn’t be at the game. If you can’t be in the Tulsa area, you ought to cal the ticket office about donating a ticket to a TU fan who needs it.

BEAT WICHITA. BEAT WICHITA. BEAT WICHITA.

Time to wipe that goofy grin off of Marshall’s face. Tired of the wheat farmers and their annoying fans.

Wichita will purchase 1500 tickets and those who come this far don’t sit on their hands and keep their mouths shut. So TU fans had better be ready.

1. Is WSU allocated a certain number of tickets or can we buy out from under them?

2. Can the ticket office actually get tickets to a TU fan if those of us who can’t make it in person would want to send someone? I’ve never been able to do that before.

If anyone knows up to 4 people who would go to the game if free tix were available, I'll pay for them. But I'm not local so I can't do any legwork in Tulsa. You/they will have to handle that. Surely one of you all can find some people who will go for free??

Wichita will purchase 1500 tickets and those who come this far don’t sit on their hands and keep their mouths shut. So TU fans had better be ready.
We should all buy tickets from Wichita State so they run out for their fans!

Reactions: TU_BLA
Yeah, if possible to any great extent, that would take money out of TU's pocket.
I think the tickets right behind the bench, and it's usually about 50 or so are designated as their comp tickets for players, coaches, and the high $$ boosters. We would not be able to buy those anyway. What TU fans need to do is limit the number available for WSU fans in other parts of the arena. I'd love to see a good 7,000 TU fans in the Reynold's Center on Saturday!

#GoTU

Reactions: TULSARISING
So which is tougher.....beating UConn on the road or beating WSU at our place? Discuss.

I think beating the Shockers at home is tougher, but maybe that's because I have no respect for UConn. The more comparable game to me is beating Houston at home. I like our chances of beating WSU now more than I liked our chances of beating Houston then.
I think our defense matches up better with WSU to be honest. Houston has a lot of lean athletes who like to attack the glass. WSU is going to look to go more inside out and find a shot.

By the way, if Uconn goes .500 the rest of the way, they will need to win at least two games in the tournament or they will have a losing record in a conference they think they are too good for.

Reactions: pvtlamb
I have 4 tickets in the corner and won't be able to attend. Two years ago vs WSU we sat in these and it was pretty much just us 4 and a bunch of WSU fans in the section. So if you know a few people who would go for free and would have fun with that they're yours

Reactions: astonmartin708
I have 4 tickets in the corner and won't be able to attend. Two years ago vs WSU we sat in these and it was pretty much just us 4 and a bunch of WSU fans in the section. So if you know a few people who would go for free and would have fun with that they're yours

I would absolutely be able to use 2 of them. And probably all 4 if theyre still available.

Reactions: astonmartin708
I think the tickets right behind the bench, and it's usually about 50 or so are designated as their comp tickets for players, coaches, and the high $$ boosters. We would not be able to buy those anyway. What TU fans need to do is limit the number available for WSU fans in other parts of the arena. I'd love to see a good 7,000 TU fans in the Reynold's Center on Saturday!

#GoTU
Or just have all the TU fans buy the cheap seats so the WSU fans have to settle for the higher dollar ones.... it makes TU more $$$.... and if the WSU fans don't show up.... the Tulsa fans just move down.

Or just have all the TU fans buy the cheap seats so the WSU fans have to settle for the higher dollar ones.... it makes TU more $$$.... and if the WSU fans don't show up.... the Tulsa fans just move down.
Cheapest ticket on Tick Pick is $23. It's a 3rd party seller that includes all the fees so you pay the price you see. Vivid was $18 but they usually add anywhere between $5-8 in fees.

So which is tougher.....beating UConn on the road or beating WSU at our place? Discuss.
I’m going to go with the Shockers. They have a greater number of outside shooters, their overall athleticism is greater and they have a better coach.

Reactions: t-townpod
Cheapest ticket on Tick Pick is $23. It's a 3rd party seller that includes all the fees so you pay the price you see. Vivid was $18 but they usually add anywhere between $5-8 in fees.

Upper deck tix on the school website are $15. Behind the basket $19.

I sit in 118 and we've been inundated with Shocker fans the last couple of years. Can't wait for some sweet revenge on Saturday.

I'm not as high on us beating the Shockers as I am on us winning @Houston. I think Houston and Memphis play right into our hands in that they're both not great at shooting 3 pointers. Our zone has worked well when the opponents aren't hitting 3's on us. I think we have a better overall inside game than Wichita though. Hopefully we come up with a good game plan to use against their snipers. We will need it.

Echinique is a lot tougher than he was last year, at least from what I’ve seen, and should give us problems similar to Cincinnati’s Vogt. We need to deny like we did with Achiuwa. The issue might be that WSU can get hot from deep like Cincinnati did and in my opinion WSU has more shooters.

I'm not as high on us beating the Shockers as I am on us winning @Houston. I think Houston and Memphis play right into our hands in that they're both not great at shooting 3 pointers. Our zone has worked well when the opponents aren't hitting 3's on us. I think we have a better overall inside game than Wichita though. Hopefully we come up with a good game plan to use against their snipers. We will need it.

If Stevenson and Dennis are still in a funk, the outside shooting falls on 2 freshman. They will definitely try to exploit their size inside.

Reactions: Gold*
If Stevenson and Dennis are still in a funk, the outside shooting falls on 2 freshman. They will definitely try to exploit their size inside.
Rewatching the UH win against them.... it seems like if you cover their shooters and make their bigs do too much you might beat them. They also seem to be pretty pedestrian at guarding the pick and roll and slashing drives from the wing.

Upper deck tix on the school website are $15. Behind the basket $19.

I sit in 118 and we've been inundated with Shocker fans the last couple of years. Can't wait for some sweet revenge on Saturday.
118 was where we had our season tickets until we gave them up a couple of years ago when we missed more games than we went to because our kids just got way too busy. I always liked sitting there.

Reactions: Barlass
I sat on the front row of 118 for a long time. Always enjoyed it until they put the press table in there.

Reactions: Barlass
Echinique is a lot tougher than he was last year, at least from what I’ve seen, and should give us problems similar to Cincinnati’s Vogt. We need to deny like we did with Achiuwa. The issue might be that WSU can get hot from deep like Cincinnati did and in my opinion WSU has more shooters.
Achiuwa is on a different planet than Vogt and Echenique. Haith and co. had a great game plan against Achiuwa. Vogt had his best game ever against us.

I think Echenique vs Igbanu is a compelling matchup. With our backside help in Joiner and Horne, we may see a few blocked shots like we did against Memphis. That help always seems to come when the post makes his turn towards the basket cutting the kick out from where the double comes from (not making a pass you can't see). I hope WSU's shooting funk continues. With the start of the game at 5pm, there could be some weird sun/shadows on the west (visiting goal) in the 1st half and create some depth perception issues.

I think we can do the same thing to Wichita State on the offensive end that we did to Memphis. Rachal is a matchup problem for most teams because he usually has a guy 2-3" shorter trying to guard him.

Reactions: Henry Kendall
Achiuwa is on a different planet than Vogt and Echenique. Haith and co. had a great game plan against Achiuwa. Vogt had his best game ever against us.

I think Echenique vs Igbanu is a compelling matchup. With our backside help in Joiner and Horne, we may see a few blocked shots like we did against Memphis. That help always seems to come when the post makes his turn towards the basket cutting the kick out from where the double comes from (not making a pass you can't see). I hope WSU's shooting funk continues. With the start of the game at 5pm, there could be some weird sun/shadows on the west (visiting goal) in the 1st half and create some depth perception issues.

I think we can do the same thing to Wichita State on the offensive end that we did to Memphis. Rachal is a matchup problem for most teams because he usually has a guy 2-3" shorter trying to guard him.
Oddly it seemed like Houston began going away from their "Monster" post-double in the second half of their game and started straight up fronting Echenique. They gave up some buckets and some fouls.... but their buckets weren't easy and he isn't a great FT shooter.

It's going to be tougher to deny him the ball in the middle of the zone like we did with Achiuwa though.... Memphis couldn't make an open three to save their lives. I wouldn't bet on Wichita having that same problem.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT