ADVERTISEMENT

Baylor

TU 1978

I.T.S. University President
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2009
Baylor makes the case for an incorrect call by ESPN regarding who should be in the final four.

When Floriduh State and Ohio State are embarrassed in their bowl games, how will ESPN respond to their mistake?

TCU & Baylor both return like 17 starters
Big 12 has the TCU/Bay game scheduled last week in Nov.

FWIW OU/K St/OSU all return more than 14 starters per team too!

Big 12 will B double 'tuff next yr.

This post was edited on 1/1 3:09 PM by HHOOTter

Originally posted by aTUfan:
I hope our new coach can create that offense here.

Go Hurricane!!!!!!
I think this bodes well 4 TU's fortunes & future
in an article in 1/1/15 Dallas Morning News

Briles was asked by a Michigan reporter if it bothered him that, despite the Bears' success,
"Does it bother you that no matter what you do, something out of Austin trumps the headlines?"

Briles' response was swift:
"Maybe your perception of what's happening in Texas is not the same as what's in the state of Texas.
You know, in the state of Texas, we kind of deal in reality.

Over the last four years, Baylor has more victories (40) than any other FBS program in Texas.
The Bears have won consecutive Big 12 titles, sharing the 2014 crown with TCU.
This is their fifth straight bowl game. And they opened $266 million McLane Stadium this season.
Certainly, those feats are nothing to sneeze at.

"He's made one of the greatest transformations in college football history," Baylor athletic director Ian McCaw said.
"There's no doubt that the success of the football program has had a huge effect on Baylor's reputation nationally.
From engaging students and alumni to fundraising, he has improved the perception of the university dramatically."

In taking the Bears to new heights, Briles has become a model for other programs.
SMU's recent hiring of Chad Morris, a high-energy coach whose vast experience in Texas high schools
is already paying big recruiting dividends.

Asked how his prep background has helped his development as a college coach, Briles said:
"It's definitely made a difference, because I know most of the coaches
in the state of Texas by name from the 3A level on up.
Those that are influential with their student athletes know how they're going to be treated at Baylor.
I definitely feel it's been an advantage for us."

**What's great is that Monty walked N those same footsteps, step by step!

Go TU

MVC, as far as I know Bennett is not coming here so we don't have to worry about that D. Problem is Baor doesn't blitz a lot thinking the DL with Oakman can create pressure, but when they don't WRs and dumps end up torching them.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

A lot of flashbacks of the Graham era during that game. O puts up big numbers and a lot of points only to watch the D give up a few more at the end. Really wanted Baylor to win that one

If we end up in Jerry's world on January 1 next year I'm ok with putting up lots of points and having a chance to win at the end.

Sure hope we play some occasional defense. Even that might be asking too much this first year...unless we see some massive development. I wouldn't mind if we spend 80% of the remaining scholies for this class on defense.

Baylor... Wow.. Epic collapse....

So much for big 12 toughness.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT