ADVERTISEMENT

Battle of old MVC rivals game thread

TU 1978

I.T.S. University President
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2009
and now the game is finally on ESPNU. And we’re ahead!!!

Need to keep this up the WHOLE GAME! Come on guys! Would love for you to prove me wrong

More Tulsa people than normal, still way to much cracked wheat heads for me though...and why’re louder. Our blue hairs won’t yell.

Refs are not our friends. Some really bogus no calls and the 1st foul on Jeffries and 1st on Igbanu were both garbage. Refs clearly no WSU is ranked #5

Reactions: Gold*
Morris has only been called for one of his four flagrant 1s.

One foul in each of Tap, Igbanu, and Jeffries were bogus.

Glad to see Haith put Igbanu back in.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Afraid our luck has worn off
Typical TU fan post. When Tulsa is playing well it’s luck, when the opponent plays well it’s skill. We may go cold and lose by a big margin by the end but Tulsa has played well this first half.

30-20 with weak drive by tap Lin to go 32-20 and end the half 2-16

It wasn’t luck. We were playing well and with energy. Right now shots stopped falling and he auto bench with Jeffries and Taplin is killing us.

Last 6 minutes of the half was garbage from us. Junior forcing crap double teamed. Henderson forcing 3s. Run some motion offense. Wheeler never needs to be on the court if we have a chance to go offense for defense.

Still in it at half but WSU’s defense really shutting down our offense.
It’s not their D. We’re making it easy on them by standing around. At some point Haith told them and Etou to start forcing things into him and that is when our offense absolutely bogged down.

Reactions: Weatherdemon
We look like we got tired after it was 30-20. We lost intensity & were out scored 16-2 to end the half. WSU played with more intensity as the half progressed.

Reactions: nevadanatural
16-2 run to end the half. In general, we don’t get hot again once we’ve cooled off. Rebounding has to pick up.

Reactions: rgw1650
Typical TU fan post. When Tulsa is playing well it’s luck, when the opponent plays well it’s skill. We may go cold and lose by a big margin by the end but Tulsa has played well this first half.
Or common sense, we shot lights out for the 1st part of the game, and WSU couldn't hit the ocean, we will see in the 2nd half if we were just lucky or played well, anybody can play a great 1st half, let's see if we can win this thing, no moral victories

Yep, we stopped passing the last 5 minutes an we ended up raking some forced shots. Defense was still playing pretty good which kept the differential down. We need to start moving the ball on offense again.

First half observations:

We’re playing a lot harder than we did at Houston (or at least we did until about 5 minutes left in the half).

We hit some big 3s up front but weren’t able to connect on any big ones towards the end of the half.

They have WAY more size than us inside. They also play a lot more physical than our guys do.

We need to keep moving the ball if we want to have a chance at coming back. We can’t just jack up 3s and hope for the best.

Finally, regarding the contingent of WSU fans here: they’re not bad, but almost all of them around me are clueless about how basketball works (outside of getting points for the ball going in the hoop), but I can’t hate... they support their team even if they have no idea what’s going on. Arena is about 50/50. The only dbaggery I’ve seen is some of the older fans yelling at our students... not sure what that’s about.

Or common sense, we shot lights out for the 1st part of the game, and WSU couldn't hit the ocean, we will see in the 2nd half if we were just lucky or played well, anybody can play a great 1st half, let's see if we can win this thing, no moral victories
Without regard to the final score if you think our play in the first half was luck it tells me all I need to know about your basketball IQ.

Their two main inside guys must outweigh ours by at least 50 pounds. Banging with them has to wear you out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT