ADVERTISEMENT

Assassination Attempt on Trump

Not true. I would be willing to bet that this is not the first time an unidentified threat has been encountered by the SS. They have probably seen tens to hundreds of perceived threat encounters for Trump alone.
Since 2000, assassination attempts:

France, Taiwan, Portugal, Netherlands, UK, Canada, 2) Japan(Abe & Kishida), Slovakia, (5) Russia, Ukraine, Iran.

Last edited:
Just stop

1). They left an elevated position 150 yards from the stage which had direct line of site unmonitored.

2). They had reports and a picture of a suspicious man with a range finder roaming the grounds around said elevated position over 2 hours prior to the speech. They failed to place the guy or area under any type of surveillance.

3). The received a report of a threat ten minutes prior to Trump taking the stage and apparently did nothing to verify there was no danger.

4. Snipers had the shooter in their sites 20 minutes prior to him firing the shots yet inexplicably he climbed up on the roof of the building and fired off multiple shots. No SS personnel were sent to closely monitor the shooter.

The fact we have a lot of guns in this country has zero to do with any of these missteps. If anything it makes them worse. We had a 20 year old kid with zero training and apparently zero assistance outsmart the entire SS. It’s remarkable.
You are ignoring local law enforcement's involvement.

Since 2000, assassination attempts:

France, Taiwan, Portugal, Netherlands, UK, Canada, 2) Japan(Abe & Kishida), Slovakia, Russia, Ukraine, Iran.
I left off Serbia & Pakistan who lost leaders along with Japan, if you consider them first world or not.

Reactions: drboobay
+if he did not have a gun, he couldn't shoot it.

Does not excuse the USSS at all. But this is a plain fact.

Final tally on assassination attempts this century: Russia 5, USA 3, Japan 2, everybody else 1.

I'm not so sure we hear about attempts in China & N Korea.

Final tally on assassination attempts this century: Russia 5, USA 3, Japan 2, everybody else 1.

I'm not so sure we hear about attempts in China & N Korea.
Of course Obama was not President yet, so technically you could call our count 2.

Last edited:
Just stop

1). They left an elevated position 150 yards from the stage which had direct line of site unmonitored.

2). They had reports and a picture of a suspicious man with a range finder roaming the grounds around said elevated position over 2 hours prior to the speech. They failed to place the guy or area under any type of surveillance.

3). The received a report of a threat ten minutes prior to Trump taking the stage and apparently did nothing to verify there was no danger.

4. Snipers had the shooter in their sites 20 minutes prior to him firing the shots yet inexplicably he climbed up on the roof of the building and fired off multiple shots. No SS personnel were sent to closely monitor the shooter.

The fact we have a lot of guns in this country has zero to do with any of these missteps. If anything it makes them worse. We had a 20 year old kid with zero training and apparently zero assistance outsmart the entire SS. It’s remarkable.
I'm well aware of what went on per the available reports, I don't need it read back to me. You can give your stenographer a refund.

The fact that he had a rifle has nothing to do with it? Well.... why don't they let people have rifles and other weapons right next to the stage? Sure seems like a small amount of leaders in countries with fewer firearms have been shot... I digress.

The SS was complacent, not having felt the need to dedicate sufficient attention to the security of one of the most blatant elevated positions within miles of their protectee. Being aware the position and who's on it is clearly not a sufficient preventative security measure.

They've done 100's of these with Trump and other politicians.... and to this point nothing has actually gone South since Reagan. They let their guard down and it almost threw our country into turmoil. A single failure is all it takes.

I'm well aware of what went on per the available reports, I don't need it read back to me. You can give your stenographer a refund.

The fact that he had a rifle has nothing to do with it? Well.... why don't they let people have rifles and other weapons right next to the stage? Sure seems like a small amount of leaders in countries with fewer firearms have been shot... I digress.

The SS was complacent, not having felt the need to dedicate sufficient attention to the security of one of the most blatant elevated positions within miles of their protectee. Being aware the position and who's on it is clearly not a sufficient preventative security measure.

They've done 100's of these with Trump and other politicians.... and to this point nothing has actually gone South since Reagan. They let their guard down and it almost threw our country into turmoil. A single failure is all it takes.
Sounds like aston has all the answers, once again. I think he should apply for the job of Director, as soon as they can Cheatle for complacency. He will whip those SS agents in line. My friend and college roommate(my sophomore year in college) will show him the ropes, as he was hired as a SS agent in the early 90's.

Last edited:
Reactions: noble cane
You know, i can accept the complacency argument. The thing that I have trouble wrapping my head around is that a 20 yr old kid was able to recognize and exploit that complacency. Perhaps he was a diabolical criminal mastermind in waiting, chess prodigy, COD tactical genius, a stone cold hunter killer, all kinds of possibilities... perhaps he fancied himself as a modern Gavrilo Princip (but even he had help)

You know, i can accept the complacency argument. The thing that I have trouble wrapping my head around is that a 20 yr old kid was able to recognize and exploit that complacency. Perhaps he was a diabolical criminal mastermind in waiting, chess prodigy, COD tactical genius, a stone cold hunter killer, all kinds of possibilities... perhaps he fancied himself as a modern Gavrilo Princip (but even he had help)
I think he dumb lucked himself into the right place at the right time. I do still want to know how he carried a rifle to that location without anyone raising a commotion. It seemed from the videos like there was a fair share of people around that building.

Maybe he had it stashed there.

I think he dumb lucked himself into the right place at the right time. I do still want to know how he carried a rifle to that location without anyone raising a commotion. It seemed from the videos like there was a fair share of people around that building.

Maybe he had it stashed there.
On one hand I hope your dumb luck argument is correct. I would hate to consider a broader conspiracy. On the other hand, I hope he had help and a third party investigation can root them out. Mainly because there are a lot of lucky and dumb people walking the streets today.

That was what I was guessing. The fact that he didn't have it on him in any of the pre-shooting clips where he was in the area made this pretty simple to deduce.
Reported by ABC News

"On the day of the assassination attempt, he asked if he could borrow his father's AR-15-style rifle, saying he planned to go to a shooting range, sources said. Because Crooks' father had previously let him use the gun for target shooting, he was not suspicious that his son was planning anything of concern."

How did he get it in to stash it?

Rumors circulating that a majority of the SS agents assigned to Trump on Saturday weren’t actually SS agents but were pulled from agencies like Homeland Security. Might explain some of the ineptitude if true

Its an old article.. but the implied threat is there..

At that point Trump had barely offended all the many people he would offend throughout his political career, and had left them still in shock over his offences. The public and the intelligence community are so jaded at this point, many years later. But I'm really sure that the intelligence community would hold such a large grudge all this time later. :rolleyes:

Based only on a meandering Senator's estimation years back, this would be my justification. It would tell me how upset the intelligence community must have been.(and still be) Their grudge would have to be so great, that the 5 or 8 agency officials,(minimum) that must have been necessary to coordinate this thing, some 7.5 years later, had all their crap so poorly coordinated. They really screwed the pooch to make such a botched attempt after seven and a half years of planning.

If our intelligence officials are so poor at planning this, that this is the best they can come up with, then we are in really bad shape as far as their real job, intelligence work. Such ineptitude in planning is really grievous after that much time available to them. I'm betting they wish they had picked a better shooter, because the guy missed, barely did any damage to Trump, and allowed Trump to react in such a way, that Trump looked better after the attempt, than he did before the attempt. SMH

That holds about as much water, as Trump planning it as an inside job to just miss him, and him rising up from the floor in brave defiance, with a staged fist in the air. Hogwash, the stuff that all these conspiracy theorists pull out of their ass, to justify conspiracy theories every day. I had already thrown you in with the antivax, fake moon landing people, that poorly guarded their comments on things of this nature. Thanks, for once again confirming it.

Last edited:
At that point Trump had barely offended all the many people he would offend throughout his political career, and had left them still in shock over his offences. The public and the intelligence community are so jaded at this point, many years later. But I'm really sure that the intelligence community would hold such a large grudge all this time later. :rolleyes:

Based only on a meandering Senator's estimation years back, this would be my justification. It would tell me how upset the intelligence community must have been.(and still be) Their grudge would have to be so great, that the 5 or 8 agency officials,(minimum) that must have been necessary to coordinate this thing, some 7.5 years later, had all their crap so poorly coordinated. They really screwed the pooch to make such a botched attempt after seven and a half years of planning.

If our intelligence officials are so poor at planning this, that this is the best they can come up with, then we are in really bad shape as far as their real job, intelligence work. Such ineptitude in planning is really grievous after that much time available to them. I'm betting they wish they had picked a better shooter, because the guy missed, barely did any damage to Trump, and allowed Trump to react in such a way, that Trump looked better after the attempt, than he did before the attempt. SMH

That holds about as much water, as Trump planning it as an inside job to just miss him, and him rising up from the floor in brave defiance, with a staged fist in the air. Hogwash, the stuff that all these conspiracy theorists pull out of their ass, to justify conspiracy theories every day. I had already thrown you in with the antivax, fake moon landing people, that poorly guarded their comments on things of this nature. Thanks, for once again confirming it.
Bravo, this is correct. Some ideas are just nuts. It's one reason we are in the pickle we are in.

I Know the moon landings were real.. i have held the rocks..

But i also know that when your truck smells like dead fish, you had better look behind the seat....

And as far as the vax.. i have had it and been multi boosted.. so much so that my oncologist has upped my scheduled scan frequency..

I Know the moon landings were real.. i have held the rocks..

But i also know that when your truck smells like dead fish, you had better look behind the seat....

And as far as the vax.. i have had it and been multi boosted.. so much so that my oncologist has upped my scheduled scan frequency..
I was referring to those as a general tendency towards conspiracy theories, not specific things to use as a measuring stick.

Obviously not a great look but the bigger story is that the SS lied about it. IMO. Have to believe someone in the SS gets fired this week.

I don't think it's that big of a deal. I doubt those resources were the reason for the failure. I imagine Trump made outrageous requests for additional resources for SS and many other things. I bet them turning him down for resources that were excessive for every other president, was not the first time this has occurred with Trump.

Rumors circulating that a majority of the SS agents assigned to Trump on Saturday weren’t actually SS agents but were pulled from agencies like Homeland Security. Might explain some of the ineptitude if true
Those closest to him certainly were his regular protective detail, which explains their expedient and professional response. There may have been an additional outside agent or two, but those folks were the primary. The supplemental Sh!t show crew certainly were a rag tag bunch thrown together and were clearly inept, likely due to near zero preparation or insight into the actual task they were to perform.

This is the type of laziness in planning and preparation that generates only the best of conspiracy theories.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT