ADVERTISEMENT

Assassination Attempt on Trump

Could have been his father with the same name who lives at the same address right? Either way I doubt it will be easy to peg this guy as anything more than a crazy person
That is my guess too. Just as likely politically motivated as the man who attempted to assassinate Reagan in order to impress Jodie Foster.

Reactions: URedskin54
Wasn't ActBlue one of the ones that HuffyCane was trying to convince us that they didn't always label their activities or make it obvious what you were supporting, when he was trying to excuse Merchan's donation to them?
Not sure. ActBlue is very clear on their website regarding its agenda. Hell….the name itself is fairly clear.

Last edited:
Not sure. ActBlue is very clear on their website regarding its agenda. Hell….the name itself is fairly clear.
He was talking about ActBlue fund drives not making it obvious what you were supporting, or what organization you were supporting, not what their webpage said.

Reactions: lawpoke87
He was talking about ActBlue fund drives not making it obvious what you were supporting, or what organization you were supporting, not what their webpage said.
Looks like he specifically gave to something called the “Progressive Turnout Project” . Assume ActBlue gives you options to earmark your donation for certain things?

We don't know how bright the kid is. He is young as well. He might not have realized what a campaign like this would have supported. It might say something about how liberal he is, or it might not. Labeling him as a Rino, or somebody who registered only to vote against Trump in the Primary, is all supposition at this point.

“Real Republican” is an odd term.
I go back to my parents. They are registered Dems and have been for their entire lives. They haven’t voted Dem or even supported a Dem in 40 years. Don’t know anyone who would label them as Dems.

I can also see how a naive and likely unstable 20 year old could be influenced by the rhetoric being thrown out during this campaign.

Looks like he specifically gave to something called the “Progressive Turnout Project” . Assume ActBlue gives you options to earmark your donation for certain things?

If you want to keep quoting Putin’s propagandists, keep it up.

I’ll wait for the authorities to sort it out.

I saw the letter that Melania released and laughed at some of her descriptions about our nation in contrast to what Donald Trump supports. 'the fabric of our gentle nation is tattered', 'Let us not forget that differing opinions, policy, and political games are inferior to love.', etc.

Here's how it closed,

'This morning, ascend above the hate, the vitriol, and the simple-minded ideas that ignite violence. We all want a world where respect is paramount, family is first, and love transcends. We can realize this world again. Each of us must demand to get it back. We must insist that respect fills the cornerstone of our relationships again.

I am thinking of you, my fellow Americans.

The winds of change have arrived. For those of you who cry in support, I thank you. I commend those of you who have reached out beyond the political divide – thank you for remembering that every single politician is a man or a woman with a loving family.'

It sounds like a campaign address. I'm sure Susie and scriptwriters had as much or more to do with this than Melania.

You are seeming to label several comments as Putin propaganda. That label seems to be getting a little too much use, in situations it doesn't necessarily apply in context of the conversation.

Last edited:

This is from Reuters and you’re an idiot.

Federal Election Commission filings show Crooks appears to have made a small $15 donation several years ago to a political action committee called ActBlue that raises money for left-leaning and Democratic politicians

This is from Reuters and you’re an idiot.

Federal Election Commission filings show Crooks appears to have made a small $15 donation several years ago to a political action committee called ActBlue that raises money for left-leaning and Democratic politicians
He was also wearing a Demolition Ranch t shirt in one of his photos which is a very much right-aligned youtube channel, supporting Biden disparaging gun nuts for Congress. He was apparently also known for wearing hunting camo frequently to school which is not a typically Democratic tendency.

I don't think this is as simple as you want to make it.

I would also say that I just saw a clip of someone who went to high school with him saying that he was bullied incessantly throughout high school.

Last edited:
He was also wearing a Demolition Ranch t shirt in one of his photos which is a very much right-aligned youtube channel, supporting Biden disparaging gun nuts for Congress.

I don't think this is as simple as you want to make it.

I would also say that I just saw a clip of someone who went to high school with him saying that he was bullied incessantly throughout high school.
You may be right on it not being as simple as some are thinking. Or he might have also put up some false flags so he could mingle amongst trump maga's outside the affair. Might not have wanted to look out of place, or draw attention to himself. We just don't have the whole picture, to make an accurate assessment right now.

Reactions: TULSARISING
I think the intriguing thing here is how many Democrats immediately denounced this, regardless of the shooter's party affiliation, and regardless of how much they disagreed with Trump. Predictably, Republicans really want this kid to be a Democrat so they can hold use it on a bully pulpit.

We're not very far removed from Trump inciting an insurrection where people were calling for Nancy Pelosi's head and where multiple law officers were killed protecting the capitol. Despite that, many Republicans, including Trump continued showing support for those people.

It's a tale of two very different political philosophies. Imagine if Biden came minimized the actions of the kid in his first response and then later came out comparing him to a martyr like Trump has with some of the Jan 6th folks.

I think the fact that the violence against Pelosi's husband, the muted (and forgotten) attack on Scalise et. al at the congressional softball diamond, and the plot on Whitmer were scoffed at certainly didn't help the attitude towards violence against political opponents either.

I think the intriguing thing here is how many Democrats immediately denounced this, regardless of the shooter's party affiliation, and regardless of how much they disagreed with Trump. Predictably, Republicans really want this kid to be a Democrat so they can hold use it on a bully pulpit.

We're not very far removed from Trump inciting an insurrection where people were calling for Nancy Pelosi's head and where multiple law officers were killed protecting the capitol. Despite that, many Republicans, including Trump continued showing support for those people.

It's a tale of two very different political philosophies. Imagine if Biden came minimized the actions of the kid in his first response and then later came out comparing him to a martyr like Trump has with some of the Jan 6th folks.

I think the fact that the violence against Pelosi's husband, the muted (and forgotten) attack on Scalise et. al at the congressional softball diamond, and the plot on Whitmer were scoffed at certainly didn't help the attitude towards violence against political opponents either.
Biden is doing the politically smart thing….and the right thing. Really no other path to take when an assassination attempt takes place against your rival. He also needs to distance himself from his surrogates claiming Trump is worse and more dangerous than a person who exterminated 6 million people. It’s smart politics. His advisors aren’t stupid.

This is a good example of how people get siloed on social media, because I have seen a non-stop onslaught of journalists who are entirely of the political philosophy you think is great implying or outright stating Trump himself is to blame for him being shot. Politicians with any level of discipline will put out generic inoffensive coms in lockstep regardless of what their true feelings are. Trump has no discipline. Political philosophy is irrelevant.

I feel second hand embarrassment every time someone does the “my side, the good guys, would never do that” routine.

I find it a little ironic how politicians and republicans in general are laying the blame on media reporting in, for this attempt. When in reality Trump and his campaigns are responsible for the same type of stuff they are blaming the media for. Trump having 'no discipline' is why people are saying he brought this on in some way, due to his own words and policies. It's not untrue, no matter how many people want to excuse him of any responsibility for this attack. That's like saying Howard Stern was completely free of any responsibility for threats made against him. You can't put that stuff out there, and expect that some nutjob isn't going to react to it. Fox/OAN does the same crap. Hey let's blame these people for it, when we did the same crap.

Yeah sorry, dude’s not responsible for a crazy person shooting at him. That’s dumb.

It’s also dumb to say dem rhetoric is responsible too, just as it was dumb when people said that about Sarah Palin

I find it a little ironic how politicians and republicans in general are laying the blame on media reporting in, for this attempt. When in reality Trump and his campaigns are responsible for the same type of stuff they are blaming the media for. Trump having 'no discipline' is why people are saying he brought this on in some way, due to his own words and policies. It's not untrue, no matter how many people want to excuse him of any responsibility for this attack. That's like saying Howard Stern was completely free of any responsibility for threats made against him. You can't put that stuff out there, and expect that some nutjob isn't going to react to it. Fox/OAN does the same crap. Hay let's blame these people for it, when we did the same crap.
There’s blame on both sides due to the inflamed rhetoric. The problem is that partisans will never acknowledge fault from their own side.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
No one finds it odd that people are assigning blame when we don’t even know why the shooter wanted to kill the ex President yet? It could turn out he thought Trump was a lizard person, or a clone, or was hearing voices.

Last edited:
No one finds it odd that people are assigning blame for something where we don’t know why the shooter wanted to kill the ex President? It could turn out he thought Trump was a lizard person, or a clone, or was hearing voices.
We are suppositioning right now, knowing we don't know the reasons yet.(or if we ever will) You seem intent to throw this all in the mental insanity bin and move on. Whatever.

The gunman had access to a rooftop that was less than 164 yards from where Trump was speaking. That would be like someone on top of the Case Building shooting at someone in the Taco Bell parking lot across 11th. How he was able to get access to a site that close is the question I want answered first.

Reactions: noble cane
They seem to be getting on top of this, to kill as many conspiracy theories as possible. The White House announced that amongst other things, they will publicly release a review of the security for this event. They need to get this out as quick as possible. I'm sure that conspiracy theorists have been working nonstop, since the event happened.

The gunman had access to a rooftop that was less than 164 yards from where Trump was speaking. That would be like someone on top of the Case Building shooting at someone in the Taco Bell parking lot across 11th. How he was able to get access to a site that close is the question I want answered first.
ABC News:
Here's the Latest:

The shooter at the Trump rally in Butler, Pennsylvania, was able to get astonishingly close to the stage where the former president was speaking, according to an AP analysis of more than a dozen photos and videos from the scene, as well as satellite imagery of the site.

Here’s some of the key moments in the timeline of the shooting:

6:02 p.m. EDT

— Trump takes the stage to the strains of “God Bless the U.S.A.” He waves at the cheering crowd and begins his regular rally speech, with spectators both in front of him and behind him on risers.

Around 6:10 p.m.

— After rally-goers notice a man climbing on the top of the roof of a nearby building, a local law enforcement officer climbs to the roof, according to two law enforcement officials.

— A man identified by the FBI as 20-year-old Thomas Matthew Crooks points his rifle at the officer, who retreats down the ladder, the officials said.

— Crooks then quickly fires, according to the officials who spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity to discuss an ongoing investigation.

— As the first pop rings out, Trump says, “Oh.” He raises his hand to his right ear and looks at it before quickly crouching to the ground behind his lectern.

We are suppositioning right now, knowing we don't know the reasons yet.(or if we ever will) You seem intent to throw this all in the mental insanity bin and move on. Whatever.
I’m throwing it in the we don’t know bucket rather than assigning blame based on nothing

It's lucky that the law enforcement officers were involved. If they hadn't been, he might not have been as rushed, and hit the mark.

Reactions: astonmartin708
There’s blame on both sides due to the inflamed rhetoric. The problem is that partisans will never acknowledge fault from their own side.
I would wager that I could probably point out 10x violent and inflammatory remarks coming from Trump and his right wing allied leadership (mostly house reps) than you could from any of the Dem leaders.

Both-sideism is reductive.

I would wager that I could probably point out 10x violent and inflammatory remarks coming from Trump and his right wing allied leadership (mostly house reps) than you could from any of the Dem leaders.

Both-sideism is reductive.
Maybe. However claiming someone is more dangerous than a man who murdered over 6M innocent people is next level inflammatory and sure to influence naive young people. Both sides need to tone it down.

Have a feeling the SS is going to come out of this looking very bad. Get ready for lots of hearings. Hopefully the SS will be forthcoming and transparent.

Per this report SS considered this rooftop as a vulnerability but nothing was addressed https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/do...e-identified-rooftop-security-flaw-rcna161783
The shooter was pointed out by the crowd several minutes prior to the shots being fired. It appears the SS snipers had him in their sights and didn’t take the shot. Did the police not immediately notify the SS of the guy on the roof? One would have thought an elevated position with a direct sight line to the stage would have been a security priority ? Lots of questions.

The ACT BLUE donation appears from a Thomas crooks from a 67 year old guy in Philadelphia. The amount of bad info flying around is pretty special.

The accusations on Twitter of of who the various gunman were was just incredible. It is just an awful place for information these days. The people don't do their homework or it is limited at best.

My gut at this point is to sit back and wait. They are finding out about explosives. It seems like he might have had some at the house. How did dad not know about explosives? What were these explosives? This is very odd to me.

The secret service director and advanced planning person need to be relieved. This was an epic failure and people died and Trump nearly died because of it. I can't believe she seems obsessed with putting tiny women on the presidential detail. It's ridiculous. If she wants to get women investigating financial crimes (which the secret service does a lot of) fine, but I think there needs to be a level of physicality with body guarding.

Some on tweeter are claiming the sniper is sayinf he had the guy in his sights for 3 minutes and they would let him off him ( my BS meter is way off here). My BS meter has been pretty good through this whole thing.

I think Trump is an absolute nightmare, chaos, bs, con artist who runs things like a TV show. There are so many better leaders for the GOP. How god protected the philandering, tax fraud, felon but not the fire chief behind him is kind of indictment of god. I will never get those people.

But I don't want people assassinated. That is very, very dark thing for this country.

Secret Service leadership must to be sacked.

Reactions: drboobay
The ACT BLUE donation appears from a Thomas crooks from a 67 year old guy in Philadelphia. The amount of bad info flying around is pretty special.
I’m not sure that’s true. His address doesn’t appear to match the donors address. Twitter is a mess. We should know soon enough. Only thing clear is he wanted to kill Trump.

Agree regarding SS. Many questions there need to be answered there as well.

The positive to come from this is it now appears both Trump and Biden will change their tone. Expect both to call for unity and calm. That is a welcome change. Maybe there is hope

I’m not sure that’s true. His address doesn’t appear to match the donors address. Twitter is a mess. We should know soon enough. Only thing clear is he wanted to kill Trump.

Agree regarding SS. Many questions there need to be answered there as well.

The positive to come from this is it now appears both Trump and Biden will change their tone. Expect both to call for unity and calm. That is a welcome change. Maybe there is hope

If it is the 67 year old, then a bunch of news organizations got it wrong, because that story came out in most mainstream news organizations. Many fact checkers will have egg on their face if it is such. There are many news organizations still have it up that it was the 20 year old.

I’m seeing reports (hearsay) here and there from classmates of his that he hung around a conservative friend group and that he was a conservative kid when many of the rest of his class were more liberal.

PS mom is a registered Dem and dad is a registered Libertarian.

I’m seeing reports (hearsay) here and there from classmates of his that he hung around a conservative friend group and that he was a conservative kid when many of the rest of his class were more liberal.

PS mom is a registered Dem and dad is a registered Libertarian.
Did I read correctly that his parents are both therapist ? There’s some irony there for sure .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT