ADVERTISEMENT

AAC & Other Scores

I like Gus but he is a little like Monty in that he thinks he can be O-coordinator and HC. Not many have done it successfully and not for extended number of years. His offense put a great deal of pressure on his defense because of the O‘s low time of possession.

I like Gus but he is a little like Monty in that he thinks he can be O-coordinator and HC. Not many have done it successfully and not for extended number of years. His offense put a great deal of pressure on his defense because of the O‘s low time of possession.
Always been the problem with the HUNH offense.... it has to stay on schedule and score every possession.. it cant support a traditional defense because big physical defenders cant keep up in practice and thus they get manhandled by more physical offensive units.. the Lincoln Riley/ Alex Grinch model comes to mind..

Reactions: TU1NNJ
SMU and ECU suck.

And Houston is playing a Big XII game in front of almost no one in their erector set stadium

SMU and ECU suck.

And Houston is playing a Big XII game in front of almost no one in their erector set stadium
EZU is hanging tough with good secondary coverage (other than about 4 plays) but SMU hasn’t been as explosive as I thought they would.

EZU is hanging tough with good secondary coverage (other than about 4 plays) but SMU hasn’t been as explosive as I thought they would.
Houston about to go down after giving up a 50 yd go ahead TD to WVA with 12 seconds left

The resurgence of Tulane’s football and basketball programs have been remarkable. Someone in their athletic department is doing a hell of a job.
Not anymore. His name is Troy Dannen. He left for Washington last week. He’s been one press gaffe after another since he got there. Kinda like Kragthorpe’s unfortunate comments about us when he got to Louisville. But also other things. He’s thrown shade on Ohio State with no upside.

The resurgence of Tulane’s football and basketball programs have been remarkable. Someone in their athletic department is doing a hell of a job.
They got rid of an AD that hired a bunch of doo doo coaches….

Obviously thats not the only factor in New Orleans, but coaching / recruiting quality certainly was lacking there for a while.

They got rid of an AD that hired a bunch of doo doo coaches….

Obviously thats not the only factor in New Orleans, but coaching / recruiting quality certainly was lacking there for a while.
If you want to go after Rick Dickson, just say so. They’ve had two ADs in the last 25 years. Rick and Dannen. It’s Dannen that hired Fritz, brought back the old logo because they studied how much it would sell, and other key moves that enhanced the visibility of the program. So if you want to go after Rick, just say so.

UNT 31 Temple 14 in the 3rd. UNT cannot stop the run but Temple can’t run as we saw a few weeks ago.

Davis Brin and GA Southern getting schooled by JMU

Navy and UNC Charlotte are 0-0 only one 3rd down conversion so far - by Navy

Reactions: HuffyCane
Navy closing out Charlotte 14-0 with 2 minutes left in the game
FAU 21 - USF 7 2 minutes until half.

Oregon gave the game away with 4 and 3 on Washington's 47, and going for it. Washington scores in two plays from the 47.

Last edited:
Reactions: loca2874
If you want to go after Rick Dickson, just say so. They’ve had two ADs in the last 25 years. Rick and Dannen. It’s Dannen that hired Fritz, brought back the old logo because they studied how much it would sell, and other key moves that enhanced the visibility of the program. So if you want to go after Rick, just say so.
Wow, this is a bizarrely defensive and aggressive response. I honestly haven't thought about Rick at all, but coming from the unofficial voice of the University of Tulsa, this makes me think, where there's fire, there's usually fire.

Wow, this is a bizarrely defensive and aggressive response. I honestly haven't thought about Rick at all, but coming from the unofficial voice of the University of Tulsa, this makes me think, where there's fire, there's usually fire.
Your thoughts are a little bizarre at times. Astro made a not so subtle comment about Dickson, but didn't identify Dickson by name. That's about all I saw in that remark. No signs of fire or smoke. You read a lot of things into comments that seem innocuous. It was just a back handed insult to Dickson, being commented on. One of Astro's numerous insults to the AD of Tulsa.

Your thoughts are a little bizarre at times. Astro made a not so subtle comment about Dickson, but didn't identify Dickson by name. That's about all I saw in that remark. No signs of fire or smoke. You read a lot of things into comments that seem innocuous. It was just a back handed insult to Dickson, being commented on. One of Astro's numerous insults to the AD of Tulsa.
Yes, I understood the posts, thanks.

Reactions: lawpoke87
Seems like I hurt someone's feelies. He's admittedly had a roller coaster career and done some very positive things.... like hired Tubby, got Tulane's stadium funded after Katrina, made some good decisions for Wazzu's football program etc.... Hopefully he finishes a long career strong and goes out on a positive note.

Last edited:
Was what I said true or not true?

Yes, I understood the posts, thanks.
I never thought that you didn't understand the post, and you realize this. Your perception of fire is ludicrous. I've seen you do this a couple of different instances besides this time, and didn't comment. Thanks.

I never thought that you didn't understand the post, and you realize this. Your perception of fire is ludicrous. I've seen you do this a couple of different instances besides this time, and didn't comment. Thanks.
He is saying your the pot Calling the kettle black.

I’ll go back to my corner now.

Reactions: chito_and_leon
He is saying your the pot Calling the kettle black.
I find it funny that there is condescension in his comeback to me. That is definitely the pot calling the kettle black related to his interactions with Huffy. That provides a loop that is ironically ha, hah funny. I'll go back to my triangle now.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: loca2874
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT