ADVERTISEMENT

AAC & Other Scores

I was looking at some schedules checking out how some teams might finish the season and came across an oddity.

Isn't there a rule that says you can't schedule more or less than 12 games?

There is only one non Division 1 game on their schedule, and New Mexico St has 13 games scheduled. What is all that about? Maybe Auburn dropped a request on them to play at the last minute and they couldn't turn it down because of the money?

If that happened, then they may not have felt comfortable canceling on Umass/W Illinois/etc at the last minute.

But I thought they had to.

I was looking at some schedules checking out how some teams might finish the season and came across an oddity.

There is only one non Division 1 game on their schedule, and New Mexico St has 13 games scheduled. What is all that about? Maybe Auburn dropped a request on them to play at the last minute and they couldn't turn it down because of the money?

If that happened, then they may not have felt comfortable canceling on Umass/W Illinois/etc at the last minute.

You are permitted a 13th game if you schedule at Hawaii, but must win 7 games to become bowl eligible. Which they did last week. Jerry Kill is killing it in Las Cruces.

You are permitted a 13th game if you schedule at Hawaii, but must win 7 games to become bowl eligible. Which they did last week. Jerry Kill is killing it in Las Cruces.
I think I knew that at one point and forgot, till you mentioned it. I didn't know Kill was a HC again. I guess he got his epilepsy under control.

Reactions: HuffyCane

New Mexico State has scheduled more than one non division 1 game on their schedule.

Sul Ross State is D3
Western New Mexico is D2
University of the southwest is an NAIA school
Northern New Mexico is an NAIA school

They also have 15 non conference games scheduled. 3 of these games are in one of the holiday tournaments and if I remember correctly all three of the games, since it is in a MTE, only counts as one game for the entire tourney so since they play 3 of the 15 there that gives them a total of 13. Out of those 13, 4 are to non D1 schools. So only 9 count towards the NET

Last edited:
New Mexico State has scheduled more than one non division 1 game on their schedule.

Sul Ross State is D3
Western New Mexico is D2
University of the southwest is an NAIA school
Northern New Mexico is an NAIA school

They also have 15 non conference games scheduled. 3 of these games are in one of the holiday tournaments and if I remember correctly all three of the games, since it is in a MTE, only counts as one game for the entire tourney so since they play 3 of the 15 there that gives them a total of 13. Out of those 13, 4 are to non D1 schools. So only 9 count towards the NET
This is in the football forum. 😜

Not bad for a division 2 team.

Sad pokes getting pumped by UCF bahahaha
I don’t feel bad about todays game as our ex Ou coach says it doesn’t matter if you win but how close you get and lose like today a 2 point loss to 20th ranked team which our coach thinks we did great losing our 7th game and sealing our bowl fate and now we should be ranked 21st since we lost by 2 to the 20 ranked team 😝 😆 😂

I don’t feel bad about todays game as our ex Ou coach says it doesn’t matter if you win but how close you get and lose like today a 2 point loss to 20th ranked team which our coach thinks we did great losing our 7th game and sealing our bowl fate and now we should be ranked 21st since we lost by 2 to the 20 ranked team 😝 😆 😂
There was no post game broadcast interview.

Charlotte loses in OT to UM, ECU beats FAU, Temple loses by 4 to USF, Navy beats UAB, SMU ran the ball all over UNT and UTSA up by 3 on Rice close to halftime.

There's plenty to criticize KW about but I don't get this one. I don't think he's been conservative. If anything, he's tried to run an offense that's more aggressive than we have the talent (esp at QB) to execute.

I don't like moral victories but after the last 3 weeks, I worried this one would end up 77-3. I'm glad the guys showed up and played hard to the very end. It's nice for at least a week for it not to be humiliating to be a TU fan.

There's plenty to criticize KW about but I don't get this one. I don't think he's been conservative. If anything, he's tried to run an offense that's more aggressive than we have the talent (esp at QB) to execute.

I don't like moral victories but after the last 3 weeks, I worried this one would end up 77-3. I'm glad the guys showed up and played hard to the very end. It's nice for at least a week for it not to be humiliating to be a TU fan.
My hope is that we saw our young cornerbacks maturing today.

They got thrown into the fire a few weeks ago due to injury. Perhaps that was part cause of our stretch of defensive ineptitude.

Reactions: chito_and_leon
My hope is that we saw our young cornerbacks maturing today.

They got thrown into the fire a few weeks ago due to injury. Perhaps that was part cause of our stretch of defensive ineptitude.
Fingers crossed! That said, twice this season I thought we'd turned the corner only to realize later that it was the start of an out of control spin into oncoming traffic, directly in front of a speeding semi. So, yeah, I'm DONE getting my hopes up.

Fingers crossed! That said, twice this season I thought we'd turned the corner only to realize later that it was the start of an out of control spin into oncoming traffic, directly in front of a speeding semi. So, yeah, I'm DONE getting my hopes up.
It's OK now. Nothing to play for, so you can wish and not hope.

Reactions: chito_and_leon
It's OK now. Nothing to play for, so you can wish and not hope.
Plenty to play for. I’m excited to see Francis play two more games. Is he our next Paul Smith?! He elevates those around him and the morale of the team instantly was boosted.

Plenty to play for. I’m excited to see Francis play two more games. Is he our next Paul Smith?! He elevates those around him and the morale of the team instantly was boosted.
I didn't say it would be boring. I am interested to see how Francis progresses as well. But I'll be in New Orleans next weekend watching. Perhaps 2 pm is the time for my wife to get a spa treatment.

I think we would be in decent shape with Cardell and Francis competing for starting QB next season. Hopefully he brings in a third QB from the portal though.
Both guys could benefit from an extra ten pounds. Should be achievable.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
What do they wrap that flag around as a weight, a brick?? Remember that NFL player that suffered a horrible eye injury from getting hit with a flag?

What do they wrap that flag around as a weight, a brick?? Remember that NFL player that suffered a horrible eye injury from getting hit with a flag?
To make it fly more accurately and to get it to the place where they need it. The flags themselves come with small weighted bean bags in the center. Typically this doesn't provide enough weight to get it 20 yards or more in some instances where that distance of a throw is needed to accurately mark a spot. They typically wrap it around a stack of washers (5-6) and tape it or rubber band (or even in some cases, sew it) closed. This one was sort of funny...but a few years ago, a thrown flag actually made it through a players face mask and struck him in the eye and he lost his mind over it because he had some eye issues earlier in his career.

I don't know what the solution is but they all wear head sets, throw the flag down, and announce the spot over the headset so everyone hears it.

This one was sort of funny...but a few years ago, a thrown flag actually made it through a players face mask and struck him in the eye and he lost his mind over it because he had some eye issues earlier in his career.
This one wasn’t funny at all. The player was temporarily blinded and eventually won a $20 million settlement with the NFL. He recently passed away at age 40.

Reactions: Henry Kendall
This one wasn’t funny at all. The player was temporarily blinded and eventually won a $20 million settlement with the NFL. He recently passed away at age 40.
Oh, I didn't mean the one that struck the player in the eye was funny...very much to the contrary. I was talking about the one that struck the Memphis player in the family jewels was sort of funny...as long as the flag didn't cause permanent damage

Plenty to play for. I’m excited to see Francis play two more games. Is he our next Paul Smith
Exactly who I thought of after this game. Great student, great kid and he will only get better throwing it, which should be scary for future opponents.

I'm thinking Kinne needs to hire a different DC. The least points he allowed was 20 in two different games. Their defense wasn't up to par. A better defense would have easily won them at least 1 or 2 more games.

Is OSU gonna blow their chance at the championship game with Texas? Trailing by 3 with 7 min remaining, and BYU has the ball.

UNLV blew their chance at the championship game? Don't know how tie breakers work in that conference. San Jose St over UNLV, Boise over San Jose St, Boise & UNLV didn't play.

Georgia Southern petered out with 4 straight losses but will get a bowl bid at 6-6.

OSU probably pulls it out with a TD and 1 min left. But they are still trying to give it away, pat blocked, 3 pt game.

OSU probably pulls it out with a TD and 1 min left. But they are still trying to give it away, pat blocked, 3 pt game.
I left the restaurant thinking OSU won in regulation after that TD only to arrive home to see them force a fumble from BYU to win 2OTs . Guess I missed a lot.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
I left the restaurant thinking OSU won in regulation after that TD only to arrive home to see them force a fumble from BYU to win 2OTs . Guess I missed a lot.
I was really hoping they would blow it in OT, and miss the championship game.:frown:

Bama pulls it out at the end, and beats Auburn!!! Auburn goes 6-6 and hopefully are looking for an offensive coordinator.

I hope they can that loser before the bowl game.

So let's supposition Liberty kicks New Mexico St's butt in the championship, Tulane gets upset by SMooo, and James Madison beats Troy into oblivion in their championship.

Who goes to the New Year's Day bowl, SMU, Liberty, or James Madison.

I really hope Tulane tears SMU a new one, and it's set that Tulane goes to a New Year's Day Bowl. I would hate to see SMoo there, on their way out.

Last edited:
It's not even half yet, and it already looks like Texas St will finish the season 7-5.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT