ADVERTISEMENT

6A-I State Championship

The Rams finish the season ranked #14 in the USA Today top 25.

Congratulations to the young men for earning the Gold ball, especially those that I coached on a 1st grade flag football team 10 years ago. Having a personal connection with several of the players is very rewarding.

So for those of you with young kids, volunteer some time and coach a team or two in whatever sport your child may be interested in. Those boys & girls may make you very proud some day.

So for those of you with young kids, volunteer some time and coach a team or two in whatever sport your child may be interested in. Those boys & girls may make you very proud some day.

I strongly agree with Babe the Blue Ox ! I was able to coach several of my kid’s teams in football, baseball & boys and girls basketball. There are few things more worthwhile. You get to spend quality time with your kids and their friends. You get a chance to make a difference in kid’s lives.

As long as us coaches keep our priorities right, it is definitely a win/win proposition!

What is going on with that?
TPS is a train wreck. (So is the entire state when it comes to school funding). TPS had to cut $20M from it's budget. It is consolidating 8 elementary schools into 4 resulting in closing 4 of them. TPS has done everything they possibly can to mot touch athletics but any further cuts will have programs on the chopping block. And maybe BB is close to retirement and Brad would be groomed as the HC in waiting. He's a good coach.

After he finished his first year, Coach Blankenship said that he needed 3 more years in order to qualify for his full teacher’s retirement package. He has now completed 2 of those 3 years.

After this past season, he said that he will continue coaching as long as he enjoys it, leaving the door open to continuing beyond next year.

We’ll see what happens.

Do you think this is sort of a HC in waiting type of move?

At first glance, I figured that Coach Calip was just taking the place of Bobby Klinck, who recently left to be head coach in Sand Springs. But I don’t think Bobby had the Asst Head Coach title.

Kinda like when Stoops was paid his full teachers salary after stepping aside for Riley.... gotta get those years in for full retirement benefits from the state..

Reactions: TU Man
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT