ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Election prediction/discussion

How many newspapers have declined to endorse Trump? Heck…how many major papers has he been endorsed by?

Also, WaPo said they wouldn’t endorse any candidate now or in the future.

And the LA times chief editor resigned in public protest because the paper’s new owner wouldn’t t allow the staff to go through with the endorsement they had planned
Very convenient for the WaPo to come up with that new policy because they don’t want to endorse Harris. That policy will quickly change back when the Dems field a quality candidate.

Who did the teamsters endorse ?

Last edited:
The worst candidate in the 2020 Democratic Primary is still better than the worst Republican candidate in human memory.
Lol. Sure appears she’s struggling to convince Dems to turn out and vote for her though. If she matches Biden’s support with Dems she wins rather easily. Early voting has been a disaster thus far. Doesn’t mean she can’t turn it around but thus far she is exactly who we saw in 2020.

Very convenient for the WaPo to come up with that new policy because they don’t want to endorse Harris. That policy will quickly change back when the Dems field a quality candidate.

Who did the teamsters endorse ?
Have you ever considered that these organizations who traditionally do endorsements may not be doing so because the race is close and they fear retribution from one side if that side should happen to win?

Nationally, they endorsed no one. Several large locals are endorsing Kamala though.

A lot of teamsters are fed up with their Chief.

As we know, voters and absentee / mail in voters tend to lean Dem while day of tend to lean Pub. It’s not only about what the split is it’s how many people voted early / remote.
Early vote has been very positive for the Pubs. I assume they are largely using their ED advantage though. For example, Pubs now have almost a 400k advantage in early vote in Florida. In 2020 the Dems had an advantage headed into ED. Again….assuming it’s a change in tactics for the Pubs and they are voting early instead of ED. If not then Trump is going to win Florida by ten points.

Early voting numbers are available for most states. This cycle does not look like past elections. Pubs appear to either be voting in mass numbers early (likely) or there will be a huge Pub turnout (unlikely imo).

Early vote has been very positive for the Pubs. I assume they are largely using their ED advantage though. For example, Pubs now have almost a 400k advantage in early vote in Florida. In 2020 the Dems had an advantage headed into ED. Again….assuming it’s a change in tactics for the Pubs and they are voting early instead of ED. If not then Trump is going to win Florida by ten points.

Early voting numbers are available for most states. This cycle does not look like past elections. Pubs appear to either be voting in mass numbers early (likely) or there will be a huge Pub turnout (unlikely imo).
Could be. Covid did mess with the 2020 dynamics a lot in terms of mass assembly turnouts like you would see on Election Day. I think pubs are getting more comfortable with early / absentee voting as well.

No one here probably remembers me.
I posted a lot about softball for a while.
Before that I lurked and trolled on this board.
I was a troll because it was fun to poke at flames and then watch the sparks fly.
I quit because the entire pollical landscape changed.
What used to be all in good fun, was not fun anymore.
People starting getting actually mad, rather than taking it for what it was, sarcastic hyperbole.
I learned that there was a somewhat moderate republican, who used to post here a lot had become solidly democratic because of “hateful” comments from republicans.
I'm not narcissistic enough to believe that I caused that, I’m regret any small part I may have played in that.
Now I just lurk, and really don’t even do that very often.
Heck I don’t even follow college or professional sports much anymore because some of the same reasoning.

I first started following politics for the 1976 election, when I was in Jr. High. Heck, I remember voting in the Weekly Reader poll in 1972 in elementary school. The first presidential election I was old enough to vote in was 1984. I have voted for the republican every time, even when I had to hold my nose to do so.
I believe the last time I posted here was just after Trump won in 2016 saying a lot of the above but wanted to laugh at the melt down.
I said then I held my nose and voted for him, and anyone that thought he was going to be a good president was kidding themselves.
My opinion is that he did better than I expected.
Yes, I’m voting for him again. He’s just better than the alternative on the issues I care about.
No, I don’t want to discuss those. My reasons are my own, and you can think of it what you want, and you will. I can’t see that reasonable discussion will change your mind any more than trolling did.

With all that being said and in keeping with the OP that this was for predictions, the Real Clear Politics No Toss Up Map shows 312-226 Trump and has since 10/17.
That’s my predication, or real close to that, and Trump will win the popular vote majority.
I wanted to stop by and say that “publicly” so I can maybe stop by when the counting done say “told ya” in the least trolling way possible.

Oh hey, look, tangible evidence of what I hypothesized
Bezos didn’t want Amazon to be punished by Trump if he’s victorious for having come out against Trump.

Talk about censorship. Mostly because businessmen are aware that Trump is a petulant child who will hold a grudge.

I’m going to call BS on this. If Bezos was scared of retaliation by Trump he wouldn’t have given millions to the Harris campaign. A meaningless newspaper endorsement is just that…meaningless. Bezos is simply hedging his bets by playing both sides now he sees Trump has a legitimate chance of winning. I assume he’s doing more than just squashing the endorsement. He realizes he may want “facors” over the next four years. It’s the smart play.

I’m going to call BS on this. If Bezos was scared of retaliation by Trump he wouldn’t have given millions to the Harris campaign. A meaningless newspaper endorsement is just that…meaningless. Bezos is simply hedging his bets by playing both sides now he sees Trump has a legitimate chance of winning. I assume he’s doing more than just squashing the endorsement. He realizes he may want “facors” over the next four years. It’s the smart play.
Still doesn’t change the fact that he is playing with the independence of the journalists he employs. It shows a lack of integrity

Th
Still doesn’t change the fact that he is playing with the independence of the journalists he employs. It shows a lack of integrity
It’s Bezo’s company. I suppose he can chose whatever direction he wishes. Like most large businesses I’m not surprised he’s playing both sides. Most do.

Oh hey, look, tangible evidence of what I hypothesized
Bezos didn’t want Amazon to be punished by Trump if he’s victorious for having come out against Trump.

Talk about censorship. Mostly because businessmen are aware that Trump is a petulant child who will hold a grudge.

fake dossier
russian collusion
Mueller report
2 fake impeachment
x number of indictments,
only because he is the
opposition candidate
the fake jan6 hearings
media attacks

meanwhile:
hrc lost 30 emails
hrc had a "secure srever" in
her closet
fbi withheld evidence from
hunters laptop.
Joe's financial ties to
Russia, China, and
ukraine
Joe told Ukraine not to
investigate hunter

So now you’re okay with censorship? 1 day ago you weren’t
When did I say that ? Every media outlet in the world have boards which approve stories and content. Why there’s MSNBC and Fox. The rub occurs when the federal government gets involved and starts dictating what speech they’re alllwed to publish. Which is dangerous and direct violation of our constitutional rights. A violation which the left now seems perfectly fine occurring. A shocking departure from the party 60 years ago.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT