ADVERTISEMENT

2021 Bowl season thread

What happened? I just seen there was a delay but I didn’t see the game
He went up to catch the ball and as it got there a UCF player smacked him while he was in the air and he went down like a sack of potatoes. He wasn’t moving and they had to pull the cart out

He went up to catch the ball and as it got there a UCF player smacked him while he was in the air and he went down like a sack of potatoes. He wasn’t moving and they had to pull the cart out
Oh no! Hope he is all good, I still remember the Devon Walker game

Reactions: loca2874
I’m glad you started this thread because I was thinking about starting one. Interesting results for me early is the fact that the MAC is off to an 0-2 start (not surprisin) and CUSA is 2-0 (somewhat surprising).
Old Dominion is part of CUSA, if I’m not mistake.

It was looking like Middle Tennessee and Western Kentucky were going to join the MAC but Middle Tennessee said they didnt want to move and the MAC said they were not going to expand. So this will leave the MAC at 12 teams, Sun Belt at 14 teams, CUSA at 9 and the American at 12 teams after all the moves have been made

After todays Games. The number of teams for the AAC and Mountain West went down by one as the Hawaii bowl has been cancelled.

SEC is not starting out very good.

Bowl Records

RankConference# teamsRecord
1MWC74-0
2AAC62-0
3SBC42-1
4Independent42-1
5CUSA83-5
6MAC81-4
7PAC 1260-1
8SEC130-2
9ACC100-0
10BIG 1090-0
11BIG 1270-0

Fun Fact. I find it fun anyway. I picked my wife and Kid up from the Airport in DC and as I was driving south on 95 towards the house, I saw the ECU busses heading north. They were heading to Annapolis today for the Military Bowl on Monday.

Georgia State does some interesting things on offense. Looks like their OC was just hired as the passing game coordinator at Va Tech. There’s guys doing unconventional stuff all over college football and our admin / staff just don’t have an interest in any of it it seems

Here is the latest standings after Georgia State beat the brakes off of Ball State.

Bowl Records

1MWC74-0
2AAC62-0
3SBC43-1
4Independent42-1
5CUSA83-5
6MAC81-5
7PAC 1260-1
8SEC120-2
9ACC100-0
10BIG 1090-0
11BIG 1270-0

Here is the latest standings after Georgia State beat the brakes off of Ball State.

Bowl Records

1MWC74-0
2AAC62-0
3SBC43-1
4Independent42-1
5CUSA83-5
6MAC81-5
7PAC 1260-1
8SEC120-2
9ACC100-0
10BIG 1090-0
11BIG 1270-0
So called Power Conferences are 0-3 thus far against the others. AAC over SEC, Independent over SEC and MW over PAC

So called Power Conferences are 0-3 thus far against the others. AAC over SEC, Independent over SEC and MW over PAC
Well the “better” teams from those conferences are about to play within the next couple of days so this could get interesting

Fenway Bowl cancelled due to COVID with Virginia
SMU
Memphis
ECU
Get screwed out of post season play due to COVID

why was the gator bowl allowed to get a replacement team, while the others dont?
I am sure the others didn’t ask. The military bowl is tomorrow. I am sure the logistics and kids on winter break are keeping teams from jumping on it. The Fenway is in 3 days but I am sure they will still find logistical problems

That actually makes a lot of sense. Both teams are ready to play. Find a stadium and a TV window and go.
It would be nice if something could be put together for the affected teams. I’ve read that the NCAA is allowing bowls to be rescheduled through January 11 if necessary.

It’s likely that ESPN would find a broadcast window and would probably draw a pretty good audience no matter who was playing.

I read somewhere last week that minor bowl games like the Cure and Celebrations bowls outdraw other events like the North Carolina/Kentucky basketball game on the same day by a wide margin.

It would be nice if something could be put together for the affected teams. I’ve read that the NCAA is allowing bowls to be rescheduled through January 11 if necessary.

It’s likely that ESPN would find a broadcast window and would probably draw a pretty good audience no matter who was playing.

I read somewhere last week that minor bowl games like the Cure and Celebrations bowls outdraw other events like the North Carolina/Kentucky basketball game on the same day by a wide margin.
The problem is that these players season is over once they declare for the draft or put themselves in that transfer portal. An ECU player put himself in the transfer portal after it was announced that the military bowl was cancelled

So the only three canceled so far are bowls with teams from the American and it’s due to issues with the other teams? Good thing I’m not a conspiracy theorist.
The shame is both ECU and SMU (assuming still motivated with the coaching change) would likely have won those games against the Ps.

So the only three canceled so far are bowls with teams from the American and it’s due to issues with the other teams? Good thing I’m not a conspiracy theorist.
I wonder how much discretion the schools have on when to pull the rip cord on a bowl? You can see how an AD or coach of a mediocre "power" team that was already in a tough matchup against a "non-power" team and then lost a few players might not see much long-term career benefit to losing by 5 or 6 touchdowns to an "inferior" conference team. The school that pulls out should have to pay the amount of the full share to the team that didn't pull out.

Who would have thunk!! Another ACC team pulls out of bowl.
This one has been rumored for several days. In fact, there was talk about moving Wash State to the Gator Bowl before Rutgers was selected. The problem was that CBS didn’t want to give up their one bowl game. Hopefully the Sun Bowl has put a contingency plan in place.

Maybe SMU would be a good fit here. They’ll give WSU a good game as long as it doesn’t rain or the wind doesn’t blow.

It’s not even close in most cases. The only people watching regular season basketball have money on the game or money in the game as a booster.

It’s not even close in most cases. The only people watching regular season basketball have money on the game or money in the game as a booster.

I was surprised by the discrepancy. I just wonder how much the one and done rule affects college basketball viewership. I saw that the NBA finals more than double the ratings of the Final 4, but that may have a lot to do with the network broadcasts. The NBA being on ABC while the NCAA is on cable.

Of course the NFL dwarfs all of the competition. They now want to put games on Christmas Day as often as possible after yesterday’s Packer game drew 4 times the audience of the NBA telecasts.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT