ADVERTISEMENT

2021 Bowl season thread

loca2874

I.T.S. Athletic Director
Jan 23, 2008
Stafford, VA
So middle Tennessee and coastal Carolina both won yesterday.

the celebration bowl featuring HBCU’s is on and not looking good for mr Prime Time. South Carolina State is up on Jackson State.

if you like offense there is 11 min left in the Boca Ratón Bowl and western Kentucky 52-Appy State 31

Reactions: TU1NNJ
I’m glad you started this thread because I was thinking about starting one. Interesting results for me early is the fact that the MAC is off to an 0-2 start (not surprisin) and CUSA is 2-0 (somewhat surprising).

Reactions: loca2874
Currently up 14-0
I guess BYU decided to put in some effort after all... Apparently they had little motivation to play an unranked CUSA team in Louisiana after a 10-2 season. Mountain west isn't a very deep conference, not sure where their supercilious attitude comes from... (Tulsa deserved waaaaaay better than ODU btw)

I guess BYU decided to put in some effort after all... Apparently they had little motivation to play an unranked CUSA team in Louisiana after a 10-2 season. Mountain west isn't a very deep conference, not sure where their supercilious attitude comes from... (Tulsa deserved waaaaaay better than ODU btw)
We almost got left out, mainly because of our own undoing

That Tulane game felt like a loss... And the UC Davis game was inexcusable. A win is a win, but this year was a step backwards after last year, and the entire program has gone a step back since Monty took over. Guess we've beat that drum to death... We all know the situation

That Tulane game felt like a loss... And the UC Davis game was inexcusable. A win is a win, but this year was a step backwards after last year, and the entire program has gone a step back since Monty took over. Guess we've beat that drum to death... We all know the situation
Yep

Yep, 3-1 but still a good showing on the first two days of bowl season.
BYU had to play a backup QB due to injury and weather made the game a slog. BYU looked lost half the time. They had other starters missing or limited. So CUSA is a soft 3-1.

BYU isn’t in the Mountain West. Their champ Utah State looks pretty good though.

CUSA has played well in their Bowl games. Haven't won all but have been competitive in all if not most.

The UAB game was surprising to say the least!!!!

GO TU!!!

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Bowl Records as of 12/18/21

RankConference# teamsRecord
1MWC82-0
2SBC42-1
3Independent41-1
4CUSA83-2
5PAC 1260-1
6MAC80-3
7SEC130-0
8ACC100-0
9BIG 1090-0
10AAC70-0
11BIG 1270-0

UTSA looks pretty good so far and I heard that North Texas kicked Wichita’s rear in basketball a few days ago so these may be pretty good additions.

This is before the SDSU and UTSA game is over

Bowl Records

1MWC83-0
2AAC71-0
3SBC42-1
4Independent41-1
5CUSA83-3
6PAC 1260-1
7MAC80-4
8SEC130-0
9ACC100-0
10BIG 1090-0
11BIG 1270-0

Reactions: PNTrough
This is before the SDSU and UTSA game is over

Bowl Records

1MWC83-0
2AAC71-0
3SBC42-1
4Independent41-1
5CUSA83-3
6PAC 1260-1
7MAC80-4
8SEC130-0
9ACC100-0
10BIG 1090-0
11BIG 1270-0
1-1 on conference joiners. I expected utsa to beat San Diego St. Slightly disappointing.

1-1 on conference joiners. I expected utsa to beat San Diego St. Slightly disappointing.
UTSA was missing their top rusher and about a half dozen other players. Their 1200 yard rusher opted out to prepare for the draft.

UTSA was missing their top rusher and about a half dozen other players. Their 1200 yard rusher opted out to prepare for the draft.
Did not check into players who opted out for either team, thanks.

I assume San Diego St wasn't hit as hard by opt outs?

Last edited:
North Texas didn’t look too hot today. Miami O, which was likely the last team invited, really put it to them.

Now saying COVID and transfer portal has depleted the team and that they safely can’t field a team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT