ADVERTISEMENT

2017 Softball 3/31 to 4/8

I didn't a few google searches and it seems to be a point of great disagreement. In any event, this coach has won almost 70% of his games over 11 years without any losing seasons. The idea that he could just not know how to coach batting is not credible to me. Especially coming from someone who so clearly has a personal vendetta and a sense of entitlement in his view of his own knowledge. anyone who works so hard to prove he's smarter than everyone else - well as they say, the lady doth protesteth too much.

I was being sarcastic..my point is that those 3 players plus a grest pitcher are currently carrying the team
The good players usually do carry the team. That's why you call them the good players. If they didn't carry the team, you'd call them them the bad players. The fact a few players carry the team isn't bad I don't think, the question is whether that's enough to get to where we need to be, or to carry us until others pick up. If not, then that's a bad thing. If it's enough for a conference championship or tourney appearance than its fine.

I didn't a few google searches and it seems to be a point of great disagreement. In any event, this coach has won almost 70% of his games over 11 years without any losing seasons. The idea that he could just not know how to coach batting is not credible to me. Especially coming from someone who so clearly has a personal vendetta and a sense of entitlement in his view of his own knowledge. anyone who works so hard to prove he's smarter than everyone else - well as they say, the lady doth protesteth too much.
Not protesting...why is it so hard for some to believe that some players dont believe in what is being taught...when a player came in as a top 100 recruit for example and according to my buddy had offers from Florida State, Auburn, Arkansas and now can barely hit out of the infield and her extra nase hits are way down..im just saying there is a issue..another kid who hit 12 bombs and 330 is struggling mightily...sometimes it is what is being taught..thats why coaches get fired all the time...just my opinion

55 or so extra base hits..thats pathetic..even the announcer for OSU radio were saying how bad that is...GLoser you simply no nothing about softball/baseball...i played d1 baseball..did u?
Know I didn't play baseball, and know you don't no much bout baseball. Just cuz you played HS ball and are opinionated doesn't mean much. But none of that matters, what matters is you aren't a fan, you have pretty much a negative slant against the team cuz you, your buddy, and his kid think the coach sucks ass. As I said earlier, we will be extremely pleased when this kid graduates. Man you really burned me with that bitchin witty GLoser barb.

Played division 1 in Texas GLoser...my close friends daughter starts every game...you are clueless...i really dont why i waste my time on a brain dead moron who only claim to fame was debate club....i really have no feelings on the coach....obviously he can teach pitching however its just as obvious they cant teach hitting..they took a top 100 recruit...recruited by 2 top 5 teams and turned her into a kid who cant hit it outside the infield..thats hard to do...

Never in debate club, but you really don't matter so keep on keepin on. I'm outta this conversation club.

Hey man if you withhold the insults it would be a better message board..you might not like what i have to say but its 1 persons perspective rightly or wrongly...now the part about the top 100 kid is all facts

Dear God.... every week I come here for information about how the team is doing and I have to sort through all if this shizz. Can we not just start a new air your bitches thread and not have to deal with the bait and switch...

Don't have a dog in this fight but we currently lead the conference standings and have a top 35 RPI. I'm not sure what some of you are expecting from this squad. They're going to win the league and have a chance to make some noise in a regional. Pretty good season shaping up.

Don't have a dog in this fight but we currently lead the conference standings and have a top 35 RPI. I'm not sure what some of you are expecting from this squad. They're going to win the league and have a chance to make some noise in a regional. Pretty good season shaping up.

Doing well in our conference is and should be the measuring stick, and apparently we will need to figure out how to beat Wichita State by next year. Several Tulsa area ladies on that team and it does seem like they are always motivated when we play.

Still have not seen anything about Lexi, I assuming that's a good thing.

Every hitter is going to go through struggles. I swear David Ortiz went o-fer-May a few years back and then hit 35 HRs and batted .340 from June-September. Of course every hitting coach has their certain method and style, but the very best coaches should always try to work with a certain players strengths. Once you get to this level, changing someone's entire approach and method just doesn't work with high success. MLB coaches aren't teaching players how to hit or how to pitch, they are teaching approach and helping to correct flaws when something gets out of synch. College coaches should be doing the same. There have been some insanely weird batting stances and swings through the years...Pete Rose and his one eyed backwards lean, Yaz's forward lean, Ichiro's softball slap hit style. These things worked for them and no one tried to change them. If the player comes in and can hit the better college pitching, then minimal coaching is needed, just observe and if things start going sideways, step in with some tips about what has changed in their approach.

At some point you guys are going to believe me about the way they teach hitting up at Tulsa...its a downward path to level bat at contact...it produces lots of ground balls as evidenced on tv vs Arkansas...they make them chop balls into the ground off the tee...they are required to hit all ground balls in 1 hitting round...Guys hate on me all you want but this is coming straight from a player through her Dad...its not personal..im sure they are great folks up there and John can teach pitching but they havent a clue teaching hitting..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT