ADVERTISEMENT

‘The Transfer Portal Letter’

TU1NNJ

I.T.S. Head Coach
Gold Member
Sep 23, 2004
Last edited:
I think the position of the article is also true about the players that now think they should go to a bigger stage. I really doubt that Evans or Green improved their potential NFL status by transferring. Going to play one year at a new school is unlikely to garner playing time necessary to improve draft status. Unless the player is clearly and significantly better than their roster competition they will be relegated to shared playing time at best (see Evans and Green). Coach’s want to win and win now but in the absence of truly greater skill and demonstrated ability they will also invest to develop the younger player that will continue in the program.

Having made my argument I do believe Sam Crawford is an exception. Did his job, got his degree, likely isn’t going to NFL and focused on a graduate program to continue to prepare him for life after football. That is the exception to the transfer portal and more in line with the pre-portal days.

Having made my argument I do believe Sam Crawford is an exception. Did his job, got his degree, likely isn’t going to NFL and focused on a graduate program to continue to prepare him for life after football. That is the exception to the transfer portal and more in line with the pre-portal days.
👍

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT