ADVERTISEMENT

SLP trying to hire USC coach

When Lutz interviewed at TU he had been a D1 head coach for one year and went .500 in conference. Not much of a resume at that time. I can see why TU chose Konkol.
He was extremely well respected amongst industry insiders at the time. He was very quietly the “hot” name to watch out for amongst agents, ADs, etc., even before he made the tournament. Even though his name was not in the paper or on Twitter.
Nobody had heard of Tubby Smith and he didn’t have a resume either.

We may regret not hiring him, but if so, we must be mindful that at the time of that fire/hire, a one/two season coach would do us more harm than good, regardless of how much he won.

It will be a slow build to pave the road back and Konkol seems to be cool with creeping along on the steam roller. I’m fine with that for now.

Local HS Soccer

Tuesday night in 6A: Jenks beat BK 6-0. Bixby beat Southmoore 4-3. And I think BA beat Putnam North last night but I can't find a verified score.

Union beat Bartlesville 2-0. The weird thing about Bartlesville is they have about 7 players who have played together since they were 11 years old on the NEOFC '06 team. They are technically sound and they have a good understanding of the game, they just don't have the straight up speed that teams like Union have. Bartlesville is really good in the air and really dangerous on set pieces in and around the box. Union's 1st goal was pretty, some nice passing in the 18 to find an open shot. Bartlesville keeper had a nice game making some really crazy clutch saves otherwise this game could have gotten out of hand. Union got a MF back who hadn't been academically eligible yet this year until this week and he made a huge difference. Really really good with the ball at his feet, tight control, and an ability to see the field and make the right distributions. 2nd goal for Union came with about 15 minutes left...Union forward, who was clearly offside (by 5 yards) receives a through ball and sprints into the box with the ball and slotted a nice past to the far post for an uncontested tap in. Bartlesville players all come to the ref to protest, coach is screaming his head off, the parents were incensed. Ref walks over to the AR to discuss the play, points to the center to award the goal. Union kid was 5 yards offside from my vantage point. It wasn't a step or close, it was 5 damn yards. But it's hard for an AR to call him offside when he was standing 10 yards away from the back of Bartlesville's defensive line. The guy didn't run a step the entire game. My son said he and his teammates on the bench were talking about how bad he was between his positioning, lack of movement, and improper mechanics. It was weird. And it just shows you how short OSSAA is on quality officials. This is the 2nd varsity match Union has had with an AR who was immobile...they were unable to run. I'm not the fastest but I'm going to run at my full speed to keep up with the play as much as possible. These 2 never moved past slow walk.

On the west side of the state...I can't figure anything out. Everyone is beating everyone.

No one ever lost money underestimating the intelligence of the American people

Speaking of intelligence, can someone explain to me why a Senior US Senator during a time of high inflation which is resulting in debt service costs which are leading us to a financial precipice would propose cutting workers hours by 20% with no reduction in pay?

Early planning for worker obsolescence due to robots? Who knows what he is thinking, because it has nothing to do with economics.

We are struggling to stay at the top of many industries today. He doesn't pause to think what this would do to our competitiveness, the costs of our products, or how many businesses it would kill, or force to leave the US. All that would be made worse in a time of high inflation. Prices would rise, and American businesses would no longer be competitive.

It would sure push more businesses to produce and buy more robots. Maybe that's what he wants. He wants to hurry the Robotic, A.I. transition along, while screwing our success in the world market at the same time? I have no understanding of what his motivations are unless it is a love of all things Chinese. It might help their economy out of the recent and rapid growth of inflation.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT