ADVERTISEMENT

🏈 Recruiting Speedy WR Shane Walker announces commitment to Tulsa

Despite racking up 13 scholarship offers, The Woodlands (TX) wide receiver Shane Walker still seems like a hidden gem. He didn’t put up huge numbers as a junior due to playing with two broken fingers, but he’s an electric playmaker with big-play potential every time he touches the ball. It’s easy to see why he picked up offers from Tulsa, San Diego State, Texas State, North Texas, Louisiana Tech, Arkansas State and several others.

In the end, Walker committed to Tulsa after an official visit in late June.

The First Debate

Sage Steele is a POS lol
She’s a great African Amercian woman. Like how you attack the messenger and not the message btw. There’s not a group in existence that white libs hate more than African Americans whose politics are different than what white libs expect of them. Name calling almost always follows. Lots of hidden racism with the white lib crew.
Reactions: noble cane

Youth soccer club

It sounds like it's only going to be U6-U10 which is fine since those age groups don't have leagues offered by OSA/OPC (is OPC even still a thing?). It would be dumb for not all of those clubs to be a part of this. I always thought it was silly when my son was playing U10 at TSC that his only "games" were against other TSC teams which were mostly girls teams from an older age group or if they played in a tournament.

This is a good thing and you'll see kids develop a little more in the end with the more game situations they are put in. It also means you'll need more referees. The 2 big rec programs in the area assign a full crew for U9/U10 games, none of the clubs do unless it's a tournament (Blitz still only assigns 1 ref to those games in their tournaments)...but if they want offside called in these games they need ARs on the games otherwise you're going to see a ton of coaches get carded/sent off or parents banned from games.
OSA/OPC has a total of 6 girls teams in its academy league U7-U10. The boys side seems to still be hanging in there but one has to believe it’s an only a matter of time before the boys side fades away.

Many of the top academy teams from the area are now playing in Dallas based leagues. I know both TSC and WSA have girls teams playing down there. Assume boys teams are playing there as well.

Regarding parents and coaches getting kicked out of local U9-U10 meaningless league games, please re-think what you’re doing. These games are basically scrimmages with the sole goal of getting your kids touches and developing their game. Winning should be far down the list of game priorities. There will be games down the road where winning matters. This is not those games.

TU Women’s Golf

That sucks. Can't imagine TU was paying her all that much and she probably could have taken on a role as a club pro that paid more.
Most club pro’s do not make much money in base salary. They make money giving lesson’s and clinics. Unless you go to a club without an existing pro on staff it takes time to build up your client base. I have about 10 friends that are teaching pro’s and they all have the same story. Either need to become Director of Golf at an exclusive club or General Manager of less exclusive club to make much money.

Youth soccer club

It sounds like it's only going to be U6-U10 which is fine since those age groups don't have leagues offered by OSA/OPC (is OPC even still a thing?). It would be dumb for not all of those clubs to be a part of this. I always thought it was silly when my son was playing U10 at TSC that his only "games" were against other TSC teams which were mostly girls teams from an older age group or if they played in a tournament.

This is a good thing and you'll see kids develop a little more in the end with the more game situations they are put in. It also means you'll need more referees. The 2 big rec programs in the area assign a full crew for U9/U10 games, none of the clubs do unless it's a tournament (Blitz still only assigns 1 ref to those games in their tournaments)...but if they want offside called in these games they need ARs on the games otherwise you're going to see a ton of coaches get carded/sent off or parents banned from games.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT