ADVERTISEMENT

Zaven Collins first game watch party

Sometimes we are able to get Dallas preseason games in Tulsa area on cox channels is that possible for this game?

Are they playing Dallas? If so perhaps a Reggie Robinson bonus.

Watching the online update. Second play of game Zavan gets a 2 yard TFL. Nice start.

2 tackles in two series. Also looks like he had some impact on a fourth down stop on incomplete pass. Since they list his name he either rushed QB throw or broke up the pass since they his name.

As an old youth coach of mine said endlessly in reference to my defensive efforts, if they call your name, you’ve failed. Ignore the stats. He did great in a debut.

Reactions: TULSARISING
Write up from USA Today:

Rookie Zaven Collins started at linebacker and played the first three defensive series for the Cardinals. The 2021 first-round pick tackled well and was calling signals in the huddle.

"It was more than what I thought it would be. When you're in the NFL, you're like, 'This is the best,' " Collins said. "I felt pretty poised. I felt pretty comfortable within our defense, with our schemes that we had drawn up."

Reggie played quite a bit in the third and fourth quarter behind the rookie CB from Kentucky. He was not too flashy but that might be due to good coverage on his part.

Zaven looked faster than what he even looked last year. And he had the attention of the Cowboys OL as every time he shifted one way or the other the C was calling him out. He was also really good on plays where he didn’t make a tackle. His coverage of the RB and TE was really good. Reggie was pretty good too, especially on ST as the outside guy. He unfortunately plays for the Dallas Cowboys who have a long history of playing the big name and high dollar guys over the best player.

Zaven looked faster than what he even looked last year. And he had the attention of the Cowboys OL as every time he shifted one way or the other the C was calling him out. He was also really good on plays where he didn’t make a tackle. His coverage of the RB and TE was really good. Reggie was pretty good too, especially on ST as the outside guy. He unfortunately plays for the Dallas Cowboys who have a long history of playing the big name and high dollar guys over the best player.
Reggies problem is coaching changes and going back and forth from CB to S and now back to CB. It will work out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT