ADVERTISEMENT

Youth soccer club

Not sure there’s much to do in Wichita aside from the ole Chicken and Pickle and that’s not a lot of fun when it’s 100 outside. Hopefully the boys can find something to do insider tomorrow
We went to the zoo. I think some of the other players went to a go kart track. My son said when they did that in Plano that one of his teammates treated it like a demolition derby 🤣

Zoo was nice actually despite the temps. Easy to walk. It's bigger than the Tulsa Zoo and more variety in some of the not from North America animals.

We went to the zoo. I think some of the other players went to a go kart track. My son said when they did that in Plano that one of his teammates treated it like a demolition derby 🤣

Zoo was nice actually despite the temps. Easy to walk. It's bigger than the Tulsa Zoo and more variety in some of the not from North America animals.
Good luck tonight. Let us know how it goes

Area team update.

The 09 WSA ECRL girls play in the RL finals tomorrow in Virginia. To be one of the best two RL teams in the country is a huge accomplishment for those girls as well as WSA. Best of luck tomorrow.

The 09 Blitz girls are 2-0 in the USYS Presidents Cup. The competition isn’t near the ECRL but this is still a solid accomplishment for a team headed into their first season in the ECRL-Regional league next month. Nice to see the girls who stuck with Blitz instead of going to TSC or WSA having success. Let’s go win the Cup for Blitz. We have many friends on that team including its coach.

Area team update.

The 09 WSA ECRL girls play in the RL finals tomorrow in Virginia. To be one of the best two 2️⃣ RL teams in the country is a huge accomplishment for those girls as well as WSA. Best of luck tomorrow.

The 09 Blitz girls are 2-0 in the USYS Presidents Cup. The competition isn’t near the ECRL but this is still a solid accomplishment for a team headed into their first season in the ECRL-Regional league next month. Nice to see the girls who stuck with Blitz instead of going to TSC or WSA having success. Let’s go win the Cup for Blitz. We have many friends on that team including its coach.
So the '08 Blitz girls are also 2-0 in the President's Cup Nationals as well. They scored 12 seconds into their game today and won 1-0.

'06 Blitz boys won 2-0 against Real Azzuri last evening. Today they dropped a 2-1 decision to Illinois Rush out of Chicago. Blitz played poorly today and let the ref get in their heads as they were more focused on the inconsistency of calls instead of focusing on playing g soccer. Sucks because my son was in goal today and actually played really really well making 2-3 saves that were just ridiculous to keep them in the game. 1st goal against came immediately off a turnover from the CB that just gave the ball away in the box after a goal kick pass from my son. CB took way too many touches, got the ball stuck under his foot and then lost it. 2nd goal was a PK which came on a really weak call (there were a couple Pro refs in attendance and while they thought that there was some weak contact, the situation didn't warrant a PK call. That said, Blitz never really figured out how to keep the ball and control the MF today and they certainly lacked drive to win any 50/50 balls. 3rd game tomorrow and a win or draw puts them in the semifinals. Losing 1-0 likely puts them through on GD.

Add: As nice as it was to be indoors for the game today, it was more so for the parents rather than the players. The ceiling is pretty low and if a ball hits the net, it's a drop ball to the team that kicked it. So my son hit it once with a goal kick. The other team hit it 2-3 times. One was definitely a CB just trying to hammer the ball out of bounds while under pressure, so essentially what was going to be a throw in ended up being a drop ball to their keeper and being able to keep possession. And they took 2 hydration breaks per half because USYS mandated air because of the outside temps. Just decided full side soccwr shouldn't be played indoors unless you're in a big domed stadium like Lucas Oil or Mercedes

So the '08 Blitz girls are also 2-0 in the President's Cup Nationals as well. They scored 12 seconds into their game today and won 1-0.

'06 Blitz boys won 2-0 against Real Azzuri last evening. Today they dropped a 2-1 decision to Illinois Rush out of Chicago. Blitz played poorly today and let the ref get in their heads as they were more focused on the inconsistency of calls instead of focusing on playing g soccer. Sucks because my son was in goal today and actually played really really well making 2-3 saves that were just ridiculous to keep them in the game. 1st goal against came immediately off a turnover from the CB that just gave the ball away in the box after a goal kick pass from my son. CB took way too many touches, got the ball stuck under his foot and then lost it. 2nd goal was a PK which came on a really weak call (there were a couple Pro refs in attendance and while they thought that there was some weak contact, the situation didn't warrant a PK call. That said, Blitz never really figured out how to keep the ball and control the MF today and they certainly lacked drive to win any 50/50 balls. 3rd game tomorrow and a win or draw puts them in the semifinals. Losing 1-0 likely puts them through on GD.

Add: As nice as it was to be indoors for the game today, it was more so for the parents rather than the players. The ceiling is pretty low and if a ball hits the net, it's a drop ball to the team that kicked it. So my son hit it once with a goal kick. The other team hit it 2-3 times. One was definitely a CB just trying to hammer the ball out of bounds while under pressure, so essentially what was going to be a throw in ended up being a drop ball to their keeper and being able to keep possession. And they took 2 hydration breaks per half because USYS mandated air because of the outside temps. Just decided full side soccwr shouldn't be played indoors unless you're in a big domed stadium like Lucas Oil or Mercedes
Good luck today.

Thanks for the info on the 08s. I don’t know any girls on that squad so I had no idea they were in the tournament. Good luck to them as well. Sounds like Blitz is well represented in Wichita.

When did the President's Cup become a thing?
Not sure it’s a “thing”. One of many end of season tournaments for teams who aren’t playing in the ecnl or ecrl or GA playoffs. Blitz chose Presidents Cup to send their teams too. TSC chose another end of season tournament and will play in Denver this coming week.

WSA 09 RL girls lost in the ecrl finals this am 1-0. Great showing against a really good field. The very top of ECRL would finish middle of the pack in some of the ECNL leagues imo.

TSCs teams are playing in the NPL nationals in Denver. Blitz 07s and 09s will be there as well. USYS sponsors several end of year cups that you begin in your season and then through what they call State Cup. My understanding is the Blitz coaches and club officials chose the President's Cup competition because of the location of regionals/nationals. NPL regionals for Tulsa area is almost always in Tulsa hosted at Mohawk. One of the others had southern regionals in Tampa and nationals in Orlando which would be a hard sell expense wise for parents. President's Cup was an opportunity to play in regionals in Plano (easy drive) and nationals in Wichita, an easier drive. It's worked out just fine to be honest and it's been a fantastic experience for the boys and their families. Last night we had a taco cookout where some of the parents who run a taco truck brought their Blackstone and cooked tacos for about 50 people. It was phenomenal and my son said they were the best tacos he's ever eaten (they were quality and made my taco Tuesdays at home look very gringo-ish 🤣. Anyway, point is this group is pretty tight and they genuinely get along...something some of the parents who moved over from TSC have commented on, about how tight a group it is and how the parents aren't all cliquey either.

Results: '06 boys lost 1-0 to a team from Iowa today but will go through on pts and GD. They'll play the exact same Iowa team tomorrow in the semis, which is fine because Blitz actually played better than the other team for most of the game. Iowa team scored on a really nice through ball and the forward beat the GK to it and cut it around him and slotted a nice pass across the box to an unmarked wing who stopped his run as the CB ran to cover the goal with the GK out of position (my son played the field today). It was really the only dangerous attack they had all game.

Ref in this game lost control early. Blitz ended up with 7 or 8 yellow cards. One player got 2 and will sit tomorrow. One parent was tracking fouls and he called 16 on. Lite in the 1st half to 3 for the other team. He missed several right in front of me. Had a player with a clear mark on the back of his calf on a tackle and the ref simply called for a throw-in for the other team. Funny thing is, at halftime the referee assessors came out and watched. There were no fewer than 5 of them on the sideline and all of a sudden the game was called more evenly.

Blitz '08 girls drew 1-1. They scored in the first few minutes and conceded in the last minute of 2nd half stoppage time...one of the girls' parents said the ref indicated 3 minutes of stoppage time and they ended up playing 6-7 minutes extra. It didn't matter. Blitz won their group yesterday regardless of what the other teams did today. They will play CASA FC (Colorado) in the semis tomorrow.

09G also drew today, 0-0 vs a CA team. They also go through winning their group. They will play a team from South Dakota tomorrow.

Well by a thing, when did it start?

As I have mentioned many times on here soccer used to be competitive and rec? Each club in Oklahoma, Texas, or California had one team. That was as of high school graduation in 2002.

Now you have a gazillion teams at every club and lots of levels and lots of leagues.

Super Y was being created which was kind of the precursor to MLS-NEXT/ECNL , but I think it never really launched all that well and was considered too nuts at the time. Now it would seem tame.

I am just wondering when the president's club tournament started.

Well by a thing, when did it start?

As I have mentioned many times on here soccer used to be competitive and rec? Each club in Oklahoma, Texas, or California had one team. That was as of high school graduation in 2002.

Now you have a gazillion teams at every club and lots of levels and lots of leagues.

Super Y was being created which was kind of the precursor to MLS-NEXT/ECNL , but I think it never really launched all that well and was considered too nuts at the time. Now it would seem tame.

I am just wondering when the president's club tournament started.
I have a hard time keeping up with all the tournaments. Maybe TU_BLA can assist. My understanding is the Presidents Cup is a USYS tournament with qualifying regionals and a national cup played in Wichita for those who qualified. The USYS also has a national championship played in Orlando at the end of July. I have no idea if these are related or what the difference is between the two. Seems odd since they are both through the USYS.

I have a hard time keeping up with all the tournaments. Maybe TU_BLA can assist. My understanding is the Presidents Cup is a USYS tournament with qualifying regionals and a national cup played in Wichita for those who qualified. The USYS also has a national championship played in Orlando at the end of July. I have no idea if these are related or what the difference is between the two. Seems odd since they are both through the USYS.
They're not related and it's supposed to be for different levels of play within the USYS structure to ensure competition levels are maintained. I think the one in Florida is a slightly higher level of play. I will say clubs in Oklahoma have really just ignored that National Cup and Presidents Cup for the most part. You're supposed to win state cup to move on to regionals. Well, very few teams participated in the State Cup at either level so there were teams that got free passes to regionals. '06 Boys Premier was one of those and I was pretty worried they were going to get slapped around at regionals. Well, that didn't happen and now they're playing for a national title. NPL is also USYS and they want to be on par with ECNL but they're not. Most teams playing at this level are usually a club's 2nd or 3rd team IF they have ECNL. Blitz doesn't so the teams playing in this from Blitz are the top teams.

These of course are different from ECNL nationals and MLS Next. ECNL/RL is a US Club Soccer competition. The wonky thing is clubs that are using their ECNL/RL teams to compete in the USYS comps have to register the players on two platforms, 2 different/separate player passes, 2 different medical waivers and release forms, etc. Having been a manager for a team, it's a nightmare trying to get everyone's data input and generate player cards because they both want different info.

I don't care what the level is. Just super proud of my son and his team and the way they're playing and spending time together away from the field enjoying each other's company and creating a life long memory that not everyone can claim they had as well. BTW, if you haven't figured it out, Blitz 06 advanced on PKs today 4-2. Jack Franklin stopped 2 shots while every Blitz player made theirs, the last being a cheeky little panenka. The match itself didn't see many great chances created. Blitz controlled the 1st half and had a couple of good chances and just missed scoring off a header from a corner. 2nd half, the team from Iowa started using the wide spaces more and their speed. They didn't really have any great chances except 1 really late. D lost the forward who made a great run and cut and walked in on goal and Jack came out and spooked the kid somehow and the kid missed the net by about 5 yards. Blitz had one great chance late in the 2nd as well as the right wing made a great run picked the ball up eluded the tackle attempt and hit a great cross. Defender just got a head on it before the left wing for Blitz could (they actually had a heavy collision going for the ball).

Tomorrow, 7:30am vs Miami Vipers, same team that Blitz beat for the regional championship in Plano. They advanced over the Chicago Rush team in PKs (game was also scoreless).

Blitz 08 girls lost 1-0 in their semi to a team from Slidell, LA (same team they lost to in the regional final). I saw the last 20 minutes of this game and I'm not sure how Blitz didn't score. They completely dominated the ball. From what a parent told me, the goal came early in the game completely against the run of play.

09 Blitz girls lost in PKs to a team from South Dakota. It went to 6 kicks. I asked one of the moms (whose son plays on the 06s) and she said the girls dominated the game and just didn't put one in the net. Sometimes this game just ends up being weird and unfair.

I will say the referee for the boys' game today was outstanding (as was the entire crew). Called a fair game, kept control of the game and was able to keep emotions in check. The difference in the quality of play from the Blitz team today was tangible.

Anyone interested in watching this AM, I think this link will work. If it doesn't you can try the Blitz Academy FC Facebook page:

Last edited:
Reactions: lawpoke87
0-0 after halftime and we're in a weather delay. Blitz had the best chance with a 35 yd free kick shot that hit the post and rocketed out. Keeper froze and never moved. Miami has been good moving up the right side. They've got a really quick and smooth player. He doesn't look like he's moving fast but he's got long strides and he just seems to glide by defenders. He's been dangerous. And #10 has been dangerous. Blitz has found some space today and just hasn't found the finishing touch. Sort of a theme this week. I think if it gets late and still tied, my son will probably get inserted late to be a PK taker. He was set to go 6th yesterday if it got that far. I don't think it will get that far...Jack is really really good and you like your chances with him back there in that situation.

Blitz 06B Premier won the President's Cup National Championship yesterday in PKs. Similar to the day before, 0-0 draw and both teams had some excellent chances and attacks. Blitz narrowly (an inch to the right) missed scoring on a 35 yard free kick that hit the far post. It came straight out on the angle, another inch in and it would have caromed into the goal. GK was frozen and never moved. Team from Miami missed on a nice low cross and a front post run. Jack Franklin snuffed it out and was able to knock it behind goal for a corner. Refereeing was adequate although not as good as what we saw in the semi final on Monday. Basically scoreless draw. Weird because both semifinals were scoreless draws as well settled in PKs.

PKs are always a nice option if you have the OK Gatorade State Player of the Year in your goal who always seems to win big in shootouts. My son was again inserted into the game late to take a PK if it got that far. In his few minutes on the field, he made a couple really nice plays and even though both teams were playing extra cautious in the last 4-5 minutes not wanting to give up that crushing goal, my son seemed to make a few things happen and helped create at least one dangerous chance for his team that saw his teammate get wiped out in the box. Ref was not giving any penalties this late...she may have even told the players it wasn't blatant enough to award that. I was fine with it...she was consistent about it all game.

PKs...Blitz went first and shot was hammered home, Miami GK went the wrong way too but not sure he was coming close to it even if he went the right way. Miami's first attempt from their best player, was just stoned by Jack. 1-0 Blitz after 1st round. 2nd round, Jack Franklin shot and hammered his shot into the side netting and anyone who has seen Jack take a PK knows he hits it as hard as he can. GK barely moved before the ball was in the back of the net. Next Miami shooter went hard middle, and Jack dragged a foot and was able to kick it out. 2-0 Blitz after 2 rounds. 3rd round, a little dude from Blitz (also plays at Booker T) steps up and hammers a shot side netting...keeper was sent the wrong way again. Funny thing is, his mom hates it when he takes PKs and literally walks underneath the bleachers when it's his turn. My son said he's one of the best and most confident PK takers on this team...and he proved it going 2-2 over the weekend. 3rd Miami player roofed a nice upper 90 shot and also sent Jack the wrong way. 3-1 Blitz after 3 rounds. If Blitz makes the 4th, game over. Team captain steps up, hammers a left footed shot into the upper 90 on the right side of goal. GK went the right way but no one in the world was stopping this shot. Blitz wins shootout 4-1. GK from the Miami team laid in the same position face down for a good 15 minutes....his teammates didn't go to him, but every Blitz player and coach did.

Interesting thing, this Miami team stayed in the same hotel as we did. This is the same team Blitz played in the Southern regional final as well. The boys had a familiarity with one another. And some of the Blitz guys and the Miami players were eating breakfast together on some mornings. There was nothing but mutual respect between the two teams. I asked my son if there was any trash talking he could hear and he said there wasn't. And the play was hard and sometimes physical but I don't think there was anything dirty or frustrating about it. Unlike the games earlier vs the Iowa team and the Chicago Rush team where there was constant bickering and cheap stuff behind the play, there was none of that in this one.

BTW, win a USYS championship and they hook the players up with some serious swag. My son got a new adidas backpack with USYS President's Cup National Championship logo embroidered on it, along with an adidas hat and an adidas t-shirt with the same logos. The medals presented to the players were nice, and the team got a really nice trophy to take back along with the bragging rights on the "stays at USYS" big trophy. Also a banner and then the tournament bracket filled out and completed. Also a nice touch, the t-shirt vendor, did personalized screens upon the final results so I got my son a t-shirt that said "USYS President's Cup National Champion (same logo as the other items) but then they added Blitz Academy FC 1993 2006B Premier.

It was a great experience and a great way for my son to end his club soccer career...

Multiple TSC teams are in the U.S. Club nationals this weekend. Will do my best to update results.

JM’s Technico was admitted to compete in the top Dallas academy level league. This was a bit of a surprise as those spots are normally reserved for ECNL clubs. Quite the coup imo.

Multiple TSC teams are in the U.S. Club nationals this weekend. Will do my best to update results.

JM’s Technico was admitted to compete in the top Dallas academy level league. This was a bit of a surprise as those spots are normally reserved for ECNL clubs. Quite the coup imo.
There are 2 Blitz boys teams in the NPL Nationals this week in Denver as well. Both won their 1st games yesterday (07s won 3-0, 09s won 2-1 I believe). There's also a U19 WSA team playing which has 2 players who played with my son's team last weekend as part of it and a whole lot of Union boys.

There are 2 Blitz boys teams in the NPL Nationals this week in Denver as well. Both won their 1st games yesterday (07s won 3-0, 09s won 2-1 I believe). There's also a U19 WSA team playing which has 2 players who played with my son's team last weekend as part of it and a whole lot of Union boys.
What are your thoughts regarding Blitz joining the ECNL platform on both the boys and girls side. I know they will be playing on the third tier (RL-Regional) but hope to be able to move up to the ECRL level. I am glad to see the local clubs finally playing each other in the older ages…Blitz, TSC, NEO, WSA.

What are your thoughts regarding Blitz joining the ECNL platform on both the boys and girls side. I know they will be playing on the third tier (RL-Regional) but hope to be able to move up to the ECRL level. I am glad to see the local clubs finally playing each other in the older ages…Blitz, TSC, NEO, WSA.
The boys did it last year and got walloped pretty good, except for the 07 boys, they were pretty competitive. They'll need to consolidate teams and make sure all the better players are on the top team to compete well. I know that didn't happen on the 06s last year. The 06/07 group should be really good in that league with Tony Winters taking that group and they're supposed to be taking the best 07 players to put with the best 06s.

They girls will be fine I feel. Honestly there has been a lot of movement from TSC to Blitz this Spring b/c of some of the uncertainty surrounding TSC and the politics. We've had several parents who joined up in time to get their kids rostered for nationals comment about how well all the players seem to get along and how welcoming they are, and how "not cliquey" the parents seem to be. I can agree with those. Out of the 20 boys who went to Wichita with the 06s, we had 18 at an outing to watch the Euro final on Sunday and 18 at an outing on Monday night to bowl and drive go karts...and the parents all hung out together as well. I can say we never had that many (or %) go to anything we tried to organize when my son played at TSC....hell, we couldn't even get that many kids to commit to a tournament and show up to play. And Brian Reis, the coach of this group told me when my son was thinking about moving, that the group was really tight and they really do welcome in new players pretty easily. And he was right. I know in our group at TSC we had the hispanic parents and the other parents and the boys sort of segmented themselves that way too. The girls groups seem this way too...and most of the girls from the 08 and 09 teams came out to watch the boys play and vice versa this past weekend and were under no obligation to do so. Blitz, at least while I have been there, has shown tremendous support for one another across age groups and even across genders. And Wilber drove up Sunday afternoon so he could be there for the semis and finals. Pretty neat stuff. I've never seen Barry at one of my son's TSC games...here, there, or anywhere. I've seen him at tournaments TSC has hosted but he was more interested in schmoozing potential coach replacements or highly placed USSF officials. Rarely did I see other TSC coaches come and watch teams that weren't theirs playing. I've seen Mickey Miller and Wilber at a ton of games for my son, as well as other coaches and not just at tournaments where they were sort of there. Mickey and Wilber both came out to some of the EA matches last season. I just have felt that Blitz as a club has been really supportive of one another. Can they claim all the highest alphabet soup leagues and claim they have UEFA A or B certified coaches? No...but it is a good environment for the kids to develop and play. I honestly believe if they had a better training facility to call home, they'd be able to convince a lot more players to move over.

The boys did it last year and got walloped pretty good, except for the 07 boys, they were pretty competitive. They'll need to consolidate teams and make sure all the better players are on the top team to compete well. I know that didn't happen on the 06s last year. The 06/07 group should be really good in that league with Tony Winters taking that group and they're supposed to be taking the best 07 players to put with the best 06s.

They girls will be fine I feel. Honestly there has been a lot of movement from TSC to Blitz this Spring b/c of some of the uncertainty surrounding TSC and the politics. We've had several parents who joined up in time to get their kids rostered for nationals comment about how well all the players seem to get along and how welcoming they are, and how "not cliquey" the parents seem to be. I can agree with those. Out of the 20 boys who went to Wichita with the 06s, we had 18 at an outing to watch the Euro final on Sunday and 18 at an outing on Monday night to bowl and drive go karts...and the parents all hung out together as well. I can say we never had that many (or %) go to anything we tried to organize when my son played at TSC....hell, we couldn't even get that many kids to commit to a tournament and show up to play. And Brian Reis, the coach of this group told me when my son was thinking about moving, that the group was really tight and they really do welcome in new players pretty easily. And he was right. I know in our group at TSC we had the hispanic parents and the other parents and the boys sort of segmented themselves that way too. The girls groups seem this way too...and most of the girls from the 08 and 09 teams came out to watch the boys play and vice versa this past weekend and were under no obligation to do so. Blitz, at least while I have been there, has shown tremendous support for one another across age groups and even across genders. And Wilber drove up Sunday afternoon so he could be there for the semis and finals. Pretty neat stuff. I've never seen Barry at one of my son's TSC games...here, there, or anywhere. I've seen him at tournaments TSC has hosted but he was more interested in schmoozing potential coach replacements or highly placed USSF officials. Rarely did I see other TSC coaches come and watch teams that weren't theirs playing. I've seen Mickey Miller and Wilber at a ton of games for my son, as well as other coaches and not just at tournaments where they were sort of there. Mickey and Wilber both came out to some of the EA matches last season. I just have felt that Blitz as a club has been really supportive of one another. Can they claim all the highest alphabet soup leagues and claim they have UEFA A or B certified coaches? No...but it is a good environment for the kids to develop and play. I honestly believe if they had a better training facility to call home, they'd be able to convince a lot more players to move over.
I’m pretty familiar with the girls Blitz teams and the coaching staff. My daughter has played for most of those coaches. They are quality coaches and people. I think they will be competitive with NEO and the #2 teams from WSA and TSC. NEO might actually be the best in the girls side between those clubs. Looking forward to watching the clubs play each other after largely avoiding the same for years.

The top academy league in Dallas is the Pre ECNL league and I don't think they are included in that. JM is a great trainer but having families fly to Florida for friendlies at U10 U11 is never going to work long term. Technico has no fields to play at. Technico doesn't even have parking or bathrooms that belong to them in Jenks and that may com crashing down on them. Maybe Blitz will absorb them.......

The top academy league in Dallas is the Pre ECNL league and I don't think they are included in that. JM is a great trainer but having families fly to Florida for friendlies at U10 U11 is never going to work long term. Technico has no fields to play at. Technico doesn't even have parking or bathrooms that belong to them in Jenks and that may com crashing down on them. Maybe Blitz will absorb them.......
Dallas Pre Ecnl is u11/12. I was referring to 2013-2015 kids. The SuperCopa Premier League is one of the best leagues I know of for those ages. Light years ahead of anything in Oklahoma. I can guarantee he will have the best U13-U15 boys teams in the area and likely the state. They will certainly by playing better competition than anyone around here unless TSC is changing leagues. I know they are trying.

Agree of the playing field situation. No clue what the plan is there as far as games.

I assume he will continue to concentrate on academy age and hand those kids off to the larger clubs when they reach U13. Much like Alphaforms. The fact that academy aged boys have an opportunity to get trained by an elite coach bodes well for Tulsa area boys soccer as those kids enter competitive soccer. Very few kids across the country get that chance. I know TSC, Blitz and WSA don’t see the benefit today but they will all reap the rewards in the future.

Last edited:
Dallas Pre Ecnl is u11/12. I was referring to 2013-2015 kids. The SuperCopa Premier League is one of the best leagues I know of for those ages. Light years ahead of anything in Oklahoma. I can guarantee he will have the best U13-U15 boys teams in the area and likely the state. They will certainly by playing better competition than anyone around here unless TSC is changing leagues. I know they are trying.

Agree of the playing field situation. No clue what the plan is there as far as games.

I assume he will continue to concentrate on academy age and hand those kids off to the larger clubs when they reach U13. Much like Alphaforms.
TSC2013's and 2014's top teams are playing the Pre ECNL league. No local leagues. WSA is also playing albeit a lower division.

TSC2013's and 2014's top teams are playing the Pre ECNL league. No local leagues. WSA is also playing albeit a lower division.
Good to hear. They haven’t played in that league in the past to my knowledge. As I said above, I knew they were looking. Are they playing in the “A” or “B” division ? Would assume TSC in the “A” and WSA in the “B”. Curious to see how those teams do in that league. Especially the 2014s. I know they’ve lost some kids. I really like Leo.

Last edited:
Good to hear. They haven’t played in that league in the past to my knowledge. As I said above, I knew they were looking. Are they playing in the “A” or “B” division ? Would assume TSC in the “A” and WSA in the “B”. Curious to see how those teams do in that league. Especially the 2014s. I know they’ve lost some kids. I really like Leo.
I think the girls will play top division. Boys probably 2nd. TSC 2013’s girls are really good.

I think the girls will play top division. Boys probably 2nd. TSC 2013’s girls are really good.
I have a couple of friends who have daughters on the TSC 2012s. There’s a lot of talent locally in that age group they’re just currently scattered around. That typically rectifies itself and they all eventually end up at TSC. Don’t know any 13s but that’s great to hear. The more teams the club can get to nationals in the future the better. Very important for the club to keep Nathan Doll imo. Hes going to be a star.

Tough week in general for TSC at the U.S. Cup Nationals in Colorado.

The 2010 ECNL boys lost in the finals to and ECRL team from Houston.

The 2011 ECNL and 2010 ECNL girls both failed to make in out of pool play.

The 2009 ECNL girls made it to the finals but lost to an ECNL side from the northeast.

League play starts the last week of August. We open up in Colorado against Real Colorado and Colorado Rapids. Challenging start of the season for sure. The good news is the games are over Labor Day weekend so we won’t be quite as rushed to get home.

Reactions: TU_BLA
Tough week in general for TSC at the U.S. Cup Nationals in Colorado.

The 2010 ECNL boys lost in the finals to and ECRL team from Houston.

The 2011 ECNL and 2010 ECNL girls both failed to make in out of pool play.

The 2009 ECNL girls made it to the finals but lost to an ECNL side from the northeast.

League play starts the last week of August. We open up in Colorado against Real Colorado and Colorado Rapids. Challenging start of the season for sure. The good news is the games are over Labor Day weekend so we won’t be quite as rushed to get home.
Blitz 07s didn't make it out of pool play, but did go 2-1 with a gaudy +8 GD. 09s lost in the semifinals. Both of those teams should be pretty stout in their RL leagues this season.

Blitz 07s didn't make it out of pool play, but did go 2-1 with a gaudy +8 GD. 09s lost in the semifinals. Both of those teams should be pretty stout in their RL leagues this season.
Blitz played in the bottom division. Big difference between quality between the two divisions….at least on the girls side. NEO 2010 girls won the bottom division championship 2-0 today. That team wouldn’t have been competitive in the top 2010 division.

I do believe both Blitz and NEO should be competitive in the MidAmerican regional league. They will be playing against similar clubs for the most part. It’s a third tier league (fourth tier on boys side) so they won’t have to face the first or second teams from any of the bigger ECNL clubs. Very good level to get their feet wet on the ECNL platform

Last edited:
Blitz played in the bottom division. Big difference between quality between the two divisions….at least on the girls side. NEO 2010 girls won the bottom division championship 2-0 today. That team wouldn’t have been competitive in the top 2010 division.

I do believe both Blitz and NEO should be competitive in the MidAmerican regional league. They will be playing against similar clubs for the most part. It’s a third tier league (fourth tier on boys side) so they won’t have to face the first or second teams from any of the bigger ECNL clubs. Very good level to get their feet wet on the ECNL platform
I suppose it is good for parents who want to be involved in the ECNL platform, whose children were not good enough to be on TSC and WSA, or who got mad at TSC or WSA for whatever reason. I think people don't understand what those platforms are. They are for national competition. It isn't for just regional, local competition.

It is hilarious that they think these places are "non-profits." Call me when they publish their most prominent vendors and salaries. They don't on their 590s. It's a joke. It's only how you file your taxes, and the IRS is way too liberal about this stuff.

I suppose it is good for parents who want to be involved in the ECNL platform, whose children were not good enough to be on TSC and WSA, or who got mad at TSC or WSA for whatever reason. I think people don't understand what those platforms are. They are for national competition. It isn't for just regional, local competition.

It is hilarious that they think these places are "non-profits." Call me when they publish their most prominent vendors and salaries. They don't on their 590s. It's a joke. It's only how you file your taxes, and the IRS is way too liberal about this stuff.
The positive with all these Oklahoma clubs joining the ECNL platform is that they will now be forced to play each other. Less travel and better competition as well as parents being able to directly compare the product on the field of these clubs. Most clubs go to great efforts to keep parents in the dark as to the level of competition they’re playing. Especially at the academy level. Kudos to those clubs who are playing in the Dallas leagues this upcoming season.

The irony is the only area “for profit” club is likely not turning a profit :).

hmmmmm....I think many parents don't understand how tiered US Soccer is.

I mean the president's cup is glorified rec. Yet, it is hyped as a national title. Wild times we live in.

hmmmmm....I think many parents don't understand how tiered US Soccer is.

I mean the president's cup is glorified rec. Yet, it is hyped as a national title. Wild times we live in.
One of my best friends daughter plays ECNL at TSC. They just played in the US National Cup in Denver. His description was Rec Plus Plus tournament. Made me laugh. There were several ECNL clubs there so the competition was obviously better than Rec Plus Plus but the characterization was still clever.

The bizarre thing is you play in the silver (bottom) bracket in that tourney and win it. You still claim a national championship? Heck yeah. The clubs FB post is “we would like to introduce you to the 2024 National Champions”.

One of my best friends daughter plays ECNL at TSC. They just played in the US National Cup in Denver. His description was Rec Plus Plus tournament. Made me laugh. There were several ECNL clubs there so the competition was obviously better than Rec Plus Plus but the characterization was still clever.

The bizarre thing is you play in the silver (bottom) bracket in that tourney and win it. You still claim a national championship? Heck yeah. The clubs FB post is “we would like to introduce you to the 2024 National Champions”.
I would agree with his characterization of that tournament.

I will be reffing a lot of games the next 2 weekends in Edmond for the Beat the Heat tournament. Girls weekend this weekend and boys next weekend if anyone is out there. I'm on field 7 this coming Saturday/Sunday.

I will be reffing a lot of games the next 2 weekends in Edmond for the Beat the Heat tournament. Girls weekend this weekend and boys next weekend if anyone is out there. I'm on field 7 this coming Saturday/Sunday.

Good luck! Do those parents dirty!

Stay hydrated out there. Looks like a decent tourney. Encouraged to see so many Solar teams entered. Kudos to Tulsa area clubs WSA and Blitz for sending teams and supporting Oklahoma soccer.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT