ADVERTISEMENT

Youth soccer club

I would be shocked if Barry doesn't try to secure the turf fields at Indian Springs for ECNL weekends and just pass the cost onto the parents. They're really the only fields in Tulsa without using some of the area HS that are any good (the grass fields at ISSC are better than any others in the area as well.
Barry burned the bridge with Indian Springs several years ago. To date that bridge hasn’t been repaired. Indian Springs turf fields are $150 per game while Mohawk’s are $75 last I checked. Titan turf is also $150 btw. TSC is a bit desperate at the moment due to its relationship with ECNL. Not sure what it would take (money wise) to repair the relationship with Indian Springs but I assume TSC will try. They need those fields for next season imo.

1st 2 in the books of the Blitz Spring tournament. Son's team won 4-1 over a team from Kansas and then 2-1 over BA Express '06. The first game was ho hum.

The 2nd game was fireworks city. Express score first as their 9 got in behind after a whiffed clearance. Blitz equaled pretty quickly. Then the cards started flying. Most were for dissent and the Express players and coach would just scream at the ref for any call. Ref told both teams at half he was calling it much tighter in the 2nd half and it resembled a basketball game. If you touched an opponent it was essentially whistled. That didn't stop the Express players as one had a nasty challenge from behind and got a yellow which was his 2nd because he got a yellow earlier for griping to the ref. Express Coach got a yellow. I left to go ref my own game and my phone starts blowing up with messages. A total of 6 (SIX) red cards by the end and the match was abandoned with about 2 minutes left. Express player got a straight red for kicking one of the Blitz players after the ball had gone out. Blitz player comes in for his teammate and shoves that Wxpress player and gets clocked and the original Blitz player jumped into it as well. Express Coach shoved a Blitz player and gets red. Blitz's coach lost his freaking :crap: about that and he's a pretty mild mannered guy. I think there were four reds from the reports just in that exchange. As the teams are leaving one of the Express players ran up behind the ref and screamed at him and he's shown red. Ridiculous. For history these same two teams also had 3 reds between them in a tournament game last October. The Express team had accumulated 4 red cards over their next 3 games following that October meeting and one of those resulted in the coach pulling his players off the field saying they were done with bad refereeing. Seriously if you have kids getting red cards game after game for fighting or near fights and BS, maybe it's not the ref? Just maybe? Express also had a player leave the game and end up in the hospital with a broken rib and collapsed lung (he got run into from behind and he landed on the ball). These 2 teams don't need to play anymore and Express might have some issues with OSA moving forward because this isn't normal.

I reffed a U12 game was well between Solar and Express. I am going to refuse doing any Solar games in the future. Their coaches are jackasses, the 11 year olds on the field seem to ape the behavior of their coaches, and the parents are just absolutely ridiculous. And if I was one of their parents I'd be furious at paying all the money to play there for the coach to be teaching players how to take dives. It was all I could to refrain from calling the primary instigator and whiner of their players "Cake eater" IYKYK.

Fun fact…Solar ECNL players pay absolutely zero in fees to play at Solar. The lower teams subsidizes the ECNL teams. FC Dallas is similar but we pay a little over $100 a month which covers fees, kits, etc….

Blitz Sunday. I ref'd 5 games today. Probably a bad idea with my knees. My son played in 3 games. The one that mattered was his 06 Premier team in the semis and they got run over by a Sheffield 07 team. So no rematch with BA Express (thank god) who lost to a South Lakes Cosmos team.

FCD tied Energy 2-2 this am. We led the entire game until the final 30 seconds when a wet ball slipped out of the goalies hands and was tapped in. Heartbreaking way to tie a game. A win would have all but guaranteed us a place in the Champions League playoffs at the end of next month in San Diego. Probably 50/50 at best to advance now. Very high level game and a joy to watch. Up and down with great passing and skill.

Reactions: TU_BLA
So I was talking with Mickey Eklund of Sheffield yesterday. Sheffield is bringing their remaining teams, at least on the boys side to Blitz for next season. The 07 team is going to be stellar and a couple of those players play at Union right now. It will be interesting how Blitz tryouts work and how they divide the players up because a few of the players on Blitz's current EA side should not be there and a couple from the Sheffield side definitely warrant being there in place of them. I can't say the same for the 06s. Maybe 1 or 2 players will get that call up but for the most part the Sheffield side is going to be the 2nd team with Eklund coaching...and I'm pretty sure this will be where my son ends up. What is not known is what platform this 2nd team will play in. EA is going away as @lawpoke suggested that ECNL wants you to drop the other highest level platform. Top team will play in the ECNL-RL Mid-America next season. 3rd team will be OPL. Not sure if the 2nd team will play NPL or some other platform. There has been talk of putting the top team in the FCL league again and the 2nd team in the RL league but Mickey Miller is not in favor of that because of the poor experience with FCL last year. We'll see. Tryouts are May 1 and 3.

And Union will play at BA in the 1st round of the OSSAA 6A Playoffs on May 2nd. Time TBD. This is what happens when you don't take care of business against inferior teams and you end up in 4th in the district. We'll see what Union team shows up to that game.

ECNL has modeled itself after European futbol. They have a 3 tiered platform (ECNL, ECRL, and ECRL-Regional). They have promotions and relegations yearly between those tiers. If I’m Blitz I throw everything I can at RL-Reg including securing those Indian Springs fields in an effort to move up to the second tier and ultimately to NL. ECNL is currently all in on expansion. EA, DPL and GA being the targets. Plenty of opportunities for Blitz on both the boys and girls side to make a statement in the Tulsa area. Rooting for them.

ECNL has modeled itself after European futbol. They have a 3 tiered platform (ECNL, ECRL, and ECRL-Regional). They have promotions and relegations yearly between those tiers. If I’m Blitz I throw everything I can at RL-Reg including securing those Indian Springs fields in an effort to move up to the second tier and ultimately to NL. ECNL is currently all in on expansion. EA, DPL and GA being the targets. Plenty of opportunities for Blitz on both the boys and girls side to make a statement in the Tulsa area. Rooting for them.
They already have an agreement in place with Indian Springs to host certain games and at certain levels, including both of their big tournaments. Honestly, Blitz could market this and really turn TSC's tournaments into afterthoughts because of the superior fields at Indian Springs, its more cost effective than any of TSC's tournaments for traveling teams, better hotel options closer to the complex. Teams are paying for the Veo game film and an automated stat pack for the TSC tournament...which is unreliable at best. That promise was broken many times if your team was not playing the the oldest age groups and the highest level of competition. They also promised 4th officials at all 11 v 11 games...didn't happen. Actually, it rarely happened...they couldn't even ensure 3 officials at all games. And let's just say I make more per game doing 11 v 11 rec games in BA than I would if I were doing an ECNL level game in a TSC tournament. Bet you can guess which one I would rather do when you factor in the level of the ref abuse at each of those levels.

Blitz could really capitalize on TSC's broken promises and really push their tournament along with the facilities they get to use for the tournament. If it grows enough they would use both Keas in Bixby as a secondary site to ISSC. (BTW, I did several games on the brand new turf fields this weekend...they are really nice and very good to an old guy's knees and ankles. Other than the little black beads building up in my shoes, I didn't have to worry about uneven ground or dips. They do need to get played on more and the beads need to settle down to the bottom a bit more. We had quite a few parents wondering if BA would consider laying turf on the remainder of the complex...which they should consider doing a few fields at a time. It could easily become the Creve Coeur or Scheel's equivalent. Every club in Tulsa would be clamoring to get those fields for their events.

My son's club games are mostly done except for a couple tournaments and State Cup. I think we're both doing games this weekend for the WSA Cup.

Reactions: lawpoke87
1st 2 in the books of the Blitz Spring tournament. Son's team won 4-1 over a team from Kansas and then 2-1 over BA Express '06. The first game was ho hum.

The 2nd game was fireworks city. Express score first as their 9 got in behind after a whiffed clearance. Blitz equaled pretty quickly. Then the cards started flying. Most were for dissent and the Express players and coach would just scream at the ref for any call. Ref told both teams at half he was calling it much tighter in the 2nd half and it resembled a basketball game. If you touched an opponent it was essentially whistled. That didn't stop the Express players as one had a nasty challenge from behind and got a yellow which was his 2nd because he got a yellow earlier for griping to the ref. Express Coach got a yellow. I left to go ref my own game and my phone starts blowing up with messages. A total of 6 (SIX) red cards by the end and the match was abandoned with about 2 minutes left. Express player got a straight red for kicking one of the Blitz players after the ball had gone out. Blitz player comes in for his teammate and shoves that Wxpress player and gets clocked and the original Blitz player jumped into it as well. Express Coach shoved a Blitz player and gets red. Blitz's coach lost his freaking :crap: about that and he's a pretty mild mannered guy. I think there were four reds from the reports just in that exchange. As the teams are leaving one of the Express players ran up behind the ref and screamed at him and he's shown red. Ridiculous. For history these same two teams also had 3 reds between them in a tournament game last October. The Express team had accumulated 4 red cards over their next 3 games following that October meeting and one of those resulted in the coach pulling his players off the field saying they were done with bad refereeing. Seriously if you have kids getting red cards game after game for fighting or near fights and BS, maybe it's not the ref? Just maybe? Express also had a player leave the game and end up in the hospital with a broken rib and collapsed lung (he got run into from behind and he landed on the ball). These 2 teams don't need to play anymore and Express might have some issues with OSA moving forward because this isn't normal.

I reffed a U12 game was well between Solar and Express. I am going to refuse doing any Solar games in the future. Their coaches are jackasses, the 11 year olds on the field seem to ape the behavior of their coaches, and the parents are just absolutely ridiculous. And if I was one of their parents I'd be furious at paying all the money to play there for the coach to be teaching players how to take dives. It was all I could to refrain from calling the primary instigator and whiner of their players "Cake eater" IYKYK.
So, my son's team is signing up for the BA Mother's Day tournament. I'm pretty sure the BA team is obligated to play in it as well...great. I think instead of playing the game they just need to settle it with kicks from the mark and call it good.

So, my son's team is signing up for the BA Mother's Day tournament. I'm pretty sure the BA team is obligated to play in it as well...great. I think instead of playing the game they just need to settle it with kicks from the mark and call it good.
Sounds like I need to attend some boy’s games. Far more “entertaining” than my daughter’s matches.

Sounds like I need to attend some boy’s games. Far more “entertaining” than my daughter’s matches.
I am seriously going to ask the assignor and scheduler for the BA tournament to not allow those two teams to play. It's not good for the game and if you have 3 experienced referees on the game who did an excellent job of trying to keep emotions in check and you still end up with 5-6 red cards, it's not a game that needs to be played.

I've got 3 games tomorrow for WSA Cup. My son has a 9am game vs OKC Crew as part of their state cup prelims.

In conversations with one of his Blitz coaches, my son will be part of the ECNL-RL group for next year as well as playing some with Eklund's 2nd group which is fine by me. The question is still what platform that 2nd team is playing in. They expect between 60-75 in the group which for me would be 4 teams. Of course it's a combined 05/06 group in the U19 brackets. I don't think there are but a handful of 05s from the top 2 groups returning. Depending on who is coming out there is a really good chance for the top team to be really really good when you add in the Sheffield kids and the 2nd team has a chance to also be very good. I think it will depend on how much mixing and matching between the Blitz and Sheffield kids they really want to do to make sure they have the best team possible. In the past, they've brought teams over but haven't mixed them up leaving them with their coaches.

Some clubs have multiple teams in certain age groups in the RL-regional leagues. Wonder if that’s a possibility for Blitz with so many players?

Some clubs have multiple teams in certain age groups in the RL-regional leagues. Wonder if that’s a possibility for Blitz with so many players?
That'd be interesting. I know ECNL had two options for RL a few years back, you had the ECNL-RL club based and then the ECNL-RL team based which was a slight step lower.
I have a feeling that NPL might be an option because that's where the Sheffield team plays now but there aren't many in the area and almost every weekend is a trip to Texas for multiple games. They also talked about FCL but honestly I want no part of that after what happened a couple years back and apparently the boys director at Blitz, Mickey Miller, doesn't think it's a good idea either. They need to find something above OPL for that 2nd team though.

My son's EA team played in the final of the USYS Oklahoma State Cup yesterday. Lost 3-1 to a team from OKC, who they had beaten 3-0 last weekend. 2 hr drive to Enid...and this new complex is easily the best soccer specific complex in the state. Primary field is turf. Electronic scoreboards, covered team benches. The satellite fields are really nice grass fields. They also have an indoor field with locker rooms. Complex is not quite finished (4 fields are playable right now) and the landscaping and parking lots are not quite done. In watching the online story about it, someone from ESC and the parks dept. got together with some business leaders and made it happen. It's about 1 mile south off of 412 and the busy part of the Enid's busy retail area.

On the game, Blitz just never really got into the game and that happens with this team sometimes. OKC team had several opportunities on through balls to nice runs into space. From my vantage point the Blitz GK (not my son) got caught sleeping and didn't come off his line to challenge the 1 v 1 right. My son said he stood up too much at the moment of the shot. Knowing how my son plays, I think he gets the save on that one. 2nd goal came on a pass to the middle at the top of the box, player took 2 touches to his right and hit a low roller to the far post. Again, the GK seemed to get caught off guard and never made a full attempt to get to it. This was right in line with me...I think my son also gets to this one. 3rd goal, in the 2nd half, goalkeeper didn't have much of a chance. Break down the left and he's playing shot and the OKC player hit a hard low cross that got punched in by an attacker making the back post run. It was exactly as you would draw up and practice.

My son warmed up just before half and started preparing like he was going in for the 2nd half...he even said the coach told him he had the 2nd half, and then it changed. Personally, my son would have been the better option because it was going into the teeth of a 25 mph wind and my son is much better on goal kicks, punts, and distribution and keeping them out of the wind and under control. Which brings me to another point. If any of you coach or plan on it, if the wind is enough to play a role in the game, ALWAYS take the wind in the 2nd half. Honestly, if you're playing the right way, the wind won't affect much going into it (passing and keeping the ball on the ground). Blitz's lone goal came going into the wind but they generated WAY more chances going into the wind. With a wind that strong, playing over the top balls or even through balls on the ground, once the ball gets beyond the attacker, there is no way they're catching up with the ball. Time and time again, the number of balls like that that rolled out for goal kicks or to the keeper was predictable. I say take it in the 2nd half and make it harder for defenders to clear the ball out or play the long over the top. Heck, even running into a wind that strong when you're tired is going to be taxing.

I also ref'd 4 games this weekend. I had to clear the Blitz parents from the sideline of a game I did yesterday because 1 jackass decided to inject himself into the game. Decided to make the parents pissed off at him for not keeping quiet. Blitz ended up losing 2-1....missed 2 PKs in the course of the game too.

Son played in the BA Mother's Day tournament this weekend. I also ref'd 6 games and my son did 9 (while also playing in 3). My son actually had a really good weekend playing. His team couldn't score so they don't win games but he played really well. 1st game on Saturday vs a WSA team that was pretty even to what the Blitz team was....minus the ability to score a goal. WSA scored 2 on some nice corner shots from the top of the box....they were not closed out by any defenders either so they had time to pick their placement. 1st one was a cracker to the upper 90, second one was a low screamer just inside the far post. My son made about 6-7 really nice saves including a couple 1 v 1's where he stoned one of his Union teammates. They had some fun ribbing each other about that. 2nd game Saturday was against a team from Carl Junction, MO. The team as a whole was bad and we think it was a combination of age groups from 08s through 06s. Their GK had a nice game which kept it from being a brutal game for them. They lost 3-0. Should have been 5 or 6 though...Blitz players missed open nets from 3-4 yards out a couple times. I think my son made one legit save on a break away late in the game...just absolutely stoned the kid. And he had a secondary assist on one of the goals playing a nice goal kick out to a teammate who played a nice one touch pass to a MF making a run between the defenders.

3rd game was on Sunday vs Sheffield and a team that I knew was better technically and tactically than the Blitz team. 1st goal was a 1 v 1 where the kid sent the ball just inside the post. I swear the kid was 2 steps offside (I was looking right down the line, the AR was lagging just a bit). My son then proceeded to keep his team in the game the remainder of the match, winning through balls repeatedly and being really quick off his line and he had some really strong distribution. Sheffield got a 2nd goal with about 1 minute left on another 1 v 1 that my son stopped the initial shot with a really nice save but unfortunately the Blitz defenders all seemed stuck in slow motion and just late to react to clear the rebound away and it got pushed in. One of the parents behind us actually said "Poor GK...defenders need to help him out there after he makes the 1st save". They were actually waiting for the next game to start. Blitz's best opportunity to score came off of a punt my son picked out to a wide open Blitz player who got deep and sent a nice cross into the box that fell at the feet of a Blitz player who then proceeded to whiff the shot attempt. The Sheffield coach even texted me later saying he kept them in the game and actually sent me a link to their VEO recording.

I think we're done with games for this year. I think all the boys need a little break.

My daughter’s two months with FC Dallas has been rather eventful. Her team has gone 7-0-1 during that period and has climbed from 5th to 3rd in the league and has qualified for Champions League ECNL nationals next month in San Diego. I’m very excited for her to have this opportunity to play the best in the country. An experience not many girls from Oklahoma get to enjoy.

Tryouts start tonight in Dallas.

My daughter’s two months with FC Dallas has been rather eventful. Her team has gone 7-0-1 during that period and has climbed from 5th to 3rd in the league and has qualified for Champions League ECNL nationals next month in San Diego. I’m very excited for her to have this opportunity to play the best in the country. An experience not many girls from Oklahoma get to enjoy.

Tryouts start tonight in Dallas.
Was she just not getting game with her team here or was here team subpar?

Was she just not getting game with her team here or was here team subpar?
Really neither. She started and played every minute just like she does now in Dallas. Her Tulsa coach suspended her for attending a club approved training. My position was simple….he can’t punish her for attending a training which the club approved. He disagreed so we left the club.

That said, Dallas is the Mecca for girls soccer. Her team at FC Dallas is one of the best teams in the country. Which opens opportunities such as playing in the national playoffs next month which she wouldn’t have in Tulsa.

Really neither. She started and played every minute just like she does now in Dallas. Her Tulsa coach suspended her for attending a club approved training. My position was simple….he can’t punish her for attending a training which the club approved. He disagreed so we left the club.

That said, Dallas is the Mecca for girls soccer. Her team at FC Dallas is one of the best teams in the country. Which opens opportunities such as playing in the national playoffs next month which she wouldn’t have in Tulsa.
What age group is she in? I know some of the solar ECNL teams have won the national title recently. There is one girl that travels from Michigan to train with them. This is no BS.

What age group is she in? I know some of the solar ECNL teams have won the national title recently. There is one girl that travels from Michigan to train with them. This is no BS.
She’s a 2010 so U14 now. Solar is the top girls club in the country. FC Dallas is currently ranked #9. Giving Dallas two of the top ten clubs in the country. Hopefully my daughter’s team can make some noise in San Diego in six weeks. There will be several girls from Dallas area teams playing on U14 USWNT next year. Great players in the DFW metroplex.

Headed to San Diego on Friday for the ECNL Champions League playoffs. We play Scott Gallagher St Louis on Sunday, Florida Premier on Monday and Seattle United on Weds. Top 16 advance to bracket on Friday. It’s a tough draw but also an opportunity to play three teams from very different areas of the country. Looking forward to a week of sunshine and 70 degree weather.

My son just returned from an ID camp in Dallas. Coaches from Notre Dame, NC State, Georgetown, Wake Forest, Louisville, Pitt, and Tulsa (Asst Jose Robles). Good weekend, lots of good players. My son got to work a lot of with AJ Madero who is NC State's GK coach this weekend. Overall it was a really good weekend for my son. He showed well both from a shot stopping perspective but also from the standpoint that he sees the field well and communicates well with his backline which seemed to be a point of emphasis from Coach Madero. They split the groups into 8 11v11 squads so every team had 2 GKs (1 had 3) and the split time in the scrimmages they were playing. Mornings were spent doing drills with the coaches individually and moving station to station to work on different things. Some interesting drills I had never seen before. AM sessions were finished off with a series of small sided 7v7 games. In the 12 or so small sided games over the 2 days, my son conceded 2 goals. Not bad.

Afternoons were broken into 3 11v11 games of 30 or so minutes. He didn't concede any goals on day 1. Yesterday he conceded 2. One was off a tremendous turn and shoot from the offensive player. Not sure anyone was getting to it. 2nd one was unlucky. My son made a really good 1v1 save and the rebound ricocheted off a defender in the box and into the goal. He did make 1 save I'd put in the ridiculous category on a shot that came from about 35 yds, knuckling, dipping, and hammered and he got his fingers on it to knock it just wide of goal. In watching a number of games and a lot of the other keepers, he was probably top 3 for the weekend. It amazes me how little development is going into GKs at clubs. Sure you can teach a kid to dive and stop a ball from going into the goal, but there is so much more to goalkeeping than that.

Reactions: 918Golden
My son just returned from an ID camp in Dallas. Coaches from Notre Dame, NC State, Georgetown, Wake Forest, Louisville, Pitt, and Tulsa (Asst Jose Robles). Good weekend, lots of good players. My son got to work a lot of with AJ Madero who is NC State's GK coach this weekend. Overall it was a really good weekend for my son. He showed well both from a shot stopping perspective but also from the standpoint that he sees the field well and communicates well with his backline which seemed to be a point of emphasis from Coach Madero. They split the groups into 8 11v11 squads so every team had 2 GKs (1 had 3) and the split time in the scrimmages they were playing. Mornings were spent doing drills with the coaches individually and moving station to station to work on different things. Some interesting drills I had never seen before. AM sessions were finished off with a series of small sided 7v7 games. In the 12 or so small sided games over the 2 days, my son conceded 2 goals. Not bad.

Afternoons were broken into 3 11v11 games of 30 or so minutes. He didn't concede any goals on day 1. Yesterday he conceded 2. One was off a tremendous turn and shoot from the offensive player. Not sure anyone was getting to it. 2nd one was unlucky. My son made a really good 1v1 save and the rebound ricocheted off a defender in the box and into the goal. He did make 1 save I'd put in the ridiculous category on a shot that came from about 35 yds, knuckling, dipping, and hammered and he got his fingers on it to knock it just wide of goal. In watching a number of games and a lot of the other keepers, he was probably top 3 for the weekend. It amazes me how little development is going into GKs at clubs. Sure you can teach a kid to dive and stop a ball from going into the goal, but there is so much more to goalkeeping than that.
Agree with you about goalkeepers and development. It just seems like there isn’t enough goalkeeper coaches out there that really know the position. I say that and I played goalkeeper for my club back in the day and we didn’t do anything. No coach to help. Just did some drills but not nearly enough. Different time though

Agree with you about goalkeepers and development. It just seems like there isn’t enough goalkeeper coaches out there that really know the position. I say that and I played goalkeeper for my club back in the day and we didn’t do anything. No coach to help. Just did some drills but not nearly enough. Different time though
A lot of the focus at the club level is teaching kids to stop shots. My son was lucky enough to have a former MLS and Jamaican National GK be his team's primary coach. That team spent so much time learning how to play out of the back and using my son as an extra defender to relieve pressure and play out of the back. He didn't work on stopping shots with my son hardly at all, instead he focused on teaching my son how to read the field and plays and what the next step was. It was invaluable. And in today's game GKs need to be more like Manuel Neuer and not as much like Tim Howard. Right now the US has shot stoppers but not so much the distributors and relief valves.

Amazing experience thus far at ecnl nationals. We are 2-0 in pool play and have mathematically won the pool. We play another pool game tomorrow then play on the round of 16 on Friday for a chance to go to Virginia for the national quarterfinals. The two teams we beat thus far were a combined 32-0-4 in ecnl play this season. The girls have exceeded even our loftiest expectations. Oh…and Texas league soccer is pretty damn good.

? Union doesn't do soccer camps, at least not in a couple years. The football team has been to a couple camps and some 7v7 stuff. Another poster would have more info on that as his kid plays football.
Does that mean he captured the top spot for next year?
Amazing experience thus far at ecnl nationals. We are 2-0 in pool play and have mathematically won the pool. We play another pool game tomorrow then play on the round of 16 on Friday for a chance to go to Virginia for the national quarterfinals. The two teams we beat thus far were a combined 32-0-4 in ecnl play this season. The girls i have exceeded even our loftiest expectations. Oh…and Texas league soccer is pretty damn good.
I lived in CO. Everyone believes CA is where it is at. If you look at the national selections, TX has the most. It is kind of funny the perceptions of things. But whatever. TU_Bla believes high school soccer can solve America's issues.

California and Texas are 1A and 1B when it comes to girls soccer. Surf and The Blues are top 10 clubs in the country on the girls side. No clue on the boys due to MLS Next. The Colorado ECNL clubs join the Texas conference for this upcoming season. They are about to discover
Texas soccer

Texas has really good boys soccer as does southern CA. St. Louis also has a pretty deep pool of boys players and the new area is the suburbs outside of Philadelphia. The Aaronsons, Pulisic, and a slew of other really good players are coming out of that area now.

I never said HS soccer will solve the US' issue. I'm just vested in it because my kid plays and is pretty good at it.

Defeated Seattle 3-0 today. Undefeated thru pool play. Will play Real Colorado National in the round of 16 Friday am for a spot in the quarters in Virginia.

Defeated Seattle 3-0 today. Undefeated thru pool play. Will play Real Colorado National in the round of 16 Friday am for a spot in the quarters in Virginia.
Real CO has great girl teams consistently. Mallory Pugh, Sophia Smith, and Jalen Howell are all Real CO. Sophia Smith(1st NWSL pick) and Jalen Howell (Two Herman trophies, 2nd pick NWSL draft) were next-door neighbors, the same age, and played on the same ECNL team. Yeesh.

Real CO has great girl teams consistently. Mallory Pugh, Sophia Smith, and Jalen Howell are all Real CO. Sophia Smith(1st NWSL pick) and Jalen Howell (Two Herman trophies, 2nd pick NWSL draft) were next-door neighbors, the same age, and played on the same ECNL team. Yeesh.
We lost 0-1 to Real Colorado this am in the round of 16. My daughter broke her hand in the first five minutes on a slide tackle but it had minimal affect on her performance. Very evenly played game. We out shot them but they found the back of the net. Such is soccer. A great overall experience for the girls as well as the parents. Hope we can qualify again next year.

Last edited:
Shout out to John Michael’s TSC 09 boys who advanced today to the ECNL Championship semifinals. Huge accomplishment for a Tulsa based club.

TSC 09s to the finals with a PK shootout (3-0) win vs San Diego Rush(or Surf?).
Yes. The 09s play of the ECNL championship on Monday at 10am against Pipeline SC. Just a tremendous showing for a Tulsa based team.

My son played in a scrimmage with the ECNL-RL team yesterday. He played well, both in-goal and in the field. They played John Michael's 08 ECNL team from TSC. Blitz won 5-1.

Not sure where my son is going to spend most of his time this season as he is basically being considered a float GK. He's supposed to spend a lot of time on the 2nd time which is playing FCL, but we also know the 3rd team doesn't have a GK either. And none of the coaches seem to be talking about it or in consensus. All 3 teams are going to Beat the Heat in 2 weeks and we have no idea which one he's supposed to play with 😂

My son played in a scrimmage with the ECNL-RL team yesterday. He played well, both in-goal and in the field. They played John Michael's 08 ECNL team from TSC. Blitz won 5-1.

Not sure where my son is going to spend most of his time this season as he is basically being considered a float GK. He's supposed to spend a lot of time on the 2nd time which is playing FCL, but we also know the 3rd team doesn't have a GK either. And none of the coaches seem to be talking about it or in consensus. All 3 teams are going to Beat the Heat in 2 weeks and we have no idea which one he's supposed to play with 😂
Does your son care which team(s) he plays with? Wasn’t sure how much goalies care when it comes down to it as long as they’re getting PT.

Beat the Heat in Edmond literally had too much heat. Games at 2pm ended about 3 minutes into the 2nd half as they blew the horns to stop play. Apparently the wet bulb temp went above 97 degrees and the health dept decided it was too much to keep playing. Games at 3:30 and 5 canceled. My sons team won their first game 1-0, and then their second was a beat casualty and both teams awarded a 0-0 draw. This morning they tied their game 3-3. My son conceded 1 goal in his half of action this AM. He was then summoned to fill in for another Blitz team as their GK got hurt early on. He came in with the team already down 2-0, and they eventually tied the game at 2. He gave up a really late goal. So his team is playing the other blitz team in the finals...which are all just PK shootouts because of the heat index.

So my son played for the Blitz Premier team in the shootout in place of the injured keeper against the team he played the whole tournament with. My son is now 4-4 on PK shootout wins, stopping 2 shots in the shootout.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT