ADVERTISEMENT

You're #23 Tulsa Golden Hurricane

And Florida who just lost to a 3-5 LSU team drops a whopping 1 spot. 3 two loss teams ahead of them. Like ive been saying, they will not have a G5 team in a 4 team playoff. Them not playing in a month certainly doesnt help though. I honestly wouldn't mind if ISU could somehow make it in. Someone different at least

Reactions: TulsaFanFromStigler
A little surprised we only moved up one spot but UC dropping a spot proves system corruption.
My guess is that it's their medicine for all the illness they've suffered over the last month. Maybe they should have manned up and not ducked out of playing. Serves their asses right.

A little surprised we only moved up one spot but UC dropping a spot proves system corruption.
Why are you surprised we only move up one spot? After the Tuesday massacre of the week before I wasn't even sure we'd move up 1. Colorado was the only team that lost, who was anywhere near our ranking.

Why are you surprised we only move up one spot? After the Tuesday massacre of the week before I wasn't even sure we'd move up 1. Colorado was the only team that lost, who was anywhere near our ranking.
Yes, I was a little surprised they moved us up at all.

We are deeply blessed to even be mentioned. This is turning into a really special year no matter what happens Saturday.

Agreed. My post was in response to the rankings overall and freaking Florida staying ahead of Cincy after losing to a dog if I wasn’t clear. Using the BCS computer models of the past, as unfair as they were, there are a few G5 teams that would actually have a chance to sneak into a 4 team playoff now and then. With this committee it is a permanent lockout no matter how you perform.

They have no data to counteract or support their obvious human bias. Almost no nonconference games. It makes the crookedness raw and bold and obvious.

I notice the talking heads keep saying Cincy might move more if they beat Tulsa badly. They talk about Coastal, and the Rajun' Cajuns'. What I don't understand is Tulsa is very capable of beating Cincy. That would give us 3 wins against ranked opponents, including one in the top ten. Our only loss was on the road against a highly ranked OSU squad. A game we could've, should've won. Yet, no mention of Tulsa in a New Years six bowl or moving up in rankings. I believe we could beat any of those teams. I miss the good ole days of wanting a playoff and not having one. The BCS was just as bad.

UC dropping of itself seems like poetic justice.

But pair that with Florida dropping 1 spot after an embarrassing loss to a bad team and you know it is all bias bias bias. Worthy of nobody's serious attention.
The fact that Iowa State moved up to #6 proves the bias. They have 2 losses including getting trounced by a Sun Belt team. I also firmly believe Cincinnati would beat Iowa State on a neutral field. Cincinnati probably beats Texas A&M on a neutral field, they would have a chance against Notre Dame (Notre Dame is about to be exposed as a fraud when it comes to CFP contenders). Cincinnati would have their work cut out for them against Bama, Clemson (at full strength), and Ohio State...but who wouldn't? There are different standards being applied here. The P5 contenders get the benefit of the eye test...how do they look on the field? Do they look good on offense? Do they look good on defense? G5s are under different scrutiny and the only questions being asked are "Do you think they could beat Alabama/Clemson/Ohio State on a neutral field?"

Do not tell the Channel 2 guy that ND is not real!! He wants the G5 to have their own playoff. Count on the local media to downgrade Tulsa at every chance.

Reactions: drboobay
I dont think Ohio st is that good. They play in a terrible conference where the 2nd best team is Indiana who could barely beat a bad penn st team and have had close games against almost every team. Ohio st will get destroyed in the playoffs. Its obvious we wont move up enough in order to get that NY6 invite, even if Lousianna wins. I'm just looking to spoil Cincinnati's chance. I dont know what they thought would happen to their rankings when they cancel every week. They're shocked they keep dropping when people probably forget what they even look like on the field

Do not tell the Channel 2 guy that ND is not real!! He wants the G5 to have their own playoff. Count on the local media to downgrade Tulsa at every chance.
I don't think that was Cayden's intent at all. He is a TU fan and champions TU when it is deserved. His previous post was the garbage that Cincinnati falls without playing but nothing happens to Florida despite losing to a bad team. He was basically calling the CFP the P5 rigged system and thinks the G5s could have their own playoff and generate a ton of money from it

Reactions: Li'l Eric Coley
I don't think that was Cayden's intent at all. He is a TU fan and champions TU when it is deserved. His previous post was the garbage that Cincinnati falls without playing but nothing happens to Florida despite losing to a bad team. He was basically calling the CFP the P5 rigged system and thinks the G5s could have their own playoff and generate a ton of money from it

His intention is good but he is mistaken. All creating a G5 championship game will do is reinforce the idea that those teams are/should be in their own second tier complete with a second tier championship. As drboobay said, we already have that with FCS. We're playing in the highest level and should continue demanding full access to the championship that the P5 gets.

Reactions: TU_BLA
His intention is good but he is mistaken. All creating a G5 championship game will do is reinforce the idea that those teams are/should be in their own second tier complete with a second tier championship. As drboobay said, we already have that with FCS. We're playing in the highest level and should continue demanding full access to the championship that the P5 gets.
Creating such a tournament legitimizes a 48 member upper tier of P5s, moving lower tiered P5s and select G5s and FCS programs to a second tier, and then schools like us and the rest of FCS into a third division. Essentially forcing us down into FCS unless we invest heavily. This is why Memphis is spending $200 million over the next five years and UCF is building a lazy river and water slide for recruits/players during the year and boosters on game day. It’s not the rise of Liberty and Coastal and South Alabama and the like that’s the threat. It’s schools like ULM and NMSU with half the budget of James Madison and North Dakota State. They won’t spend, there’s no reason they are in the G5 and others aren’t. We are on the cusp of being included in those talks down into the third tier. And University Presidents are openly talking about it. We are safe for now. We’ve got a good TV deal. But the post CoVid how are we gonna pay for these losses discussions will begin soon.

Reactions: URedskin54
I agree with you on access to the CFP. The AAC is better than the PAC 10/12/14 and has been for 2-3 years now. I think Herbstreit was the one who went off about that this past weekend.

Reactions: URedskin54
The positive is that A&M is about to get left out for an Ohio St. team that played 6 games. It'll take p6 teams getting screwed over like that to get the playoff to expand to 8. Sure, they'll probably still rank the best g5 team 9th to keep them out, but progress is progress.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT