ADVERTISEMENT

Yes or no?

WATU2

I.T.S. Hall of Famer
May 29, 2001
As I read the crazy stuff Trump is doing lately the key question seems to me:

Does Trump really want to win the election? IOW does he really want the job?

Nobody denies a drought. I really don't think he wants to win. Maybe he is showing how dumb voters can be or how powerful he is. Maybe he wants Hillary to win. Perhaps being President would cramp his life style. I have argued with members of my extended family till I have shut up but they are Trump loyal.

He wants it very badly, as does the Republican Party, that will support him through thick and thin.

He wants it very badly, as does the Republican Party, that will support him through thick and thin.

None of the past Republican presidents or presidential nominees are even planning on attending the convention . The speaker of the house has yet to even endorse Trump and offered to let somebody else preside at the convention . I am not quite sure how you can say that the Republicans are going to support him through thick and thin it appears to me to be rather thIn.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gmoney4WW
It's June 1st, roughly 5 plus months until election day. Virtually all Republican elected members are getting behind the party's nominee presently, as will Ryan, it's just a matter of time. The Senate majority leader McConnell explained in an interview a couple days ago, to just relax, Trump negatives will go down, and when election time comes, the candidate with the higher negatives will probably lose, hinting that Hillary might have the higher negatives at that time. The Muslim ban is a net winner with GOP voters, but a loser with independents and cross-over voters, so McConnell wisely distanced himself from Trump's rhetoric on that dicey policy position, as he should have.

Hillary has a way of uniting even the most reluctant bed fellows.

No doubt, but it will get harder and harder to overlook some of Trump's hysterics, the attack on the press corp yesterday over his sham vet fundraiser reveals an unhinged individual.

I have been wondering that since he declared. I thought he was just an "ego-runner", and it still wouldn't surprise me if he did in fact start off that way. Meaning, he may have not been expecting to win anything, but just wanted to spread his brand and make it look "presidential" to add cache. But that doesn't mean he doesn't want to win. That is, being outrageous and loud got him this far, and he probably sees no reason to change tactics. I don't think he is intentionally sandbagging himself.

If he's out to make a point that partisanship is at an all-time high and people will vote for anyone with an R, regardless of ideology or even coherence of message and a semblence of rationality (recall he said he could shoot someone on 5th avenue and not lose any votes...) then he is the single greatest performance artist of all time. If he is honestly trying to win, then all I can say is that I am glad we have five more months of this behavior. He is not suffering from low name recognition, and anyone who hasn't warmed up to him yet probably won't. I think (hope) that he will only lose support going down the homestretch as more and more people tire of his antics and either decide to stay home, vote Johnson in protest, or hold their nose and vote Clinton.

Unfortunately I don't think the pro-Trump sentiment is going anywhere.

And I've wondered from the beginning if he actually wants to be POTUS. I don't think he does.

Hillary has a way of uniting even the most reluctant bed fellows.
She is ultimately the Democrat nominee, yet she is barely winning her primaries. Some by only tenths of a percentage.

She is also losing some super delegates.

Uniter?

None of the past Republican presidents or presidential nominees are even planning on attending the convention . The speaker of the house has yet to even endorse Trump and offered to let somebody else preside at the convention . I am not quite sure how you can say that the Republicans are going to support him through thick and thin it appears to me to be rather thIn.

Things have changed in a very short period of time. Expect more.

They have decided to try and contain him. Support him one day, the next day chastise him for racist defensive remarks. Like that's going to work out... What happened to Kristol's prediction of a third party candidate?

They have decided to try and contain him. Support him one day, the next day chastise him for racist defensive remarks. Like that's going to work out... What happened to Kristol's prediction of a third party candidate?

Good luck containing him.. They just want to be on the winning side and have suspendended their judgement or held their noses to do so.

Last edited:
Concerning whether Trump wants to be president or not, there is one more possibility. The question presumes that he acts logically. After years of being the spoiled billionaire superstar he may feel free to alternate and still be right. And why not, his supporters never waiver no matter what he says or does. I think rather than wanting to be president, he wants to prove he can be if he choses to be. It is the ultimate ego trip.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Good luck containing him.. They just want to be on the winning side and have suspendended their judgement or held their noses to do so.

In this situation, that is the definition of containment.(being on the winning side) And if he wins they will continue their containment efforts attempting to get his support on as many issues as possible.

I thought that was a self evident definition. Containment is trying to get him to shut his mouth on stupid racial remarks and such, so that he can win. That is a deal with a stupid, childish devil. Which is what he is. He has the maturity of a five year old.

Not being politically correct is one thing . Saying stupid and offensive things merely for the purpose of not being politically correct is another.

Reactions: WATU2
I'm going to unapologetically switch the subject from the Donald PC, to Xmen PC.

What the hell is wrong with showing a villain in comic book world strangling a person, female or not. It is not female abuse being promoted by showing Mystique being strangled by Apocalypse. That is a way too chicken sh*t move by the hollywood fowlk to immediately take down the poster and apologize. Lambaste me if you will, but I think this is stupid.(Misspelled semi double entendre punk ass puns intended.)

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT