ADVERTISEMENT

Wyoming

UCF's qb is a freshman named Gilbert, kid is smooth and throws a great deep ball. He has beat Winbush for the job. Mack who won them the championship game last year and started vs LSU is a red shirt sophomore who will miss the season. Oh and Milton is expected back next year.

Apparently you can acquire more than one good QB. Someone won go run and tell Monty quick.
Gilbert didn't win the job out of fall camp though, it was Winbush who at least started the 1st game right? I swear that ESPN made that a big deal on their ticker. As I watched the highlights last week when they beat Stanford I commented to myself that I didn't know Winbush was a lefty...makes more sense now.

As much as I hope Milton can make a comeback and play again, I have some serious doubts with all of the damage his leg/knee sustained. Dislocations, torn ligaments, broken bones all heal. When you suffer all of those plus major blood vessels that get shorn in half, there's a whole lot to overcome plus hoping the blood flow is 100% restored to serve the muscles and other structures. My understanding is they were very close to amputating that leg because of the amount of damage sustained and some doctor made the decision to try and save it. He's a dynamic player. He was Kyler Murray before Kyler Murray (and a tad bigger). But he'll never get that credit because he played/plays at UCF.

We're favored by 4. A two TDs win would be very satisfying.

They haven’t shown they can pass the ball. Their last two games were anything but impressive against bad competition. If we don’t turn the ball over and our d plays well, it’s very possible.

Looking ahead this team is likely going to be in a lot of tight 4th quarter games. I think we're good enough to win those and average enough to lose the same. I'm not sure I've ever seen a TU schedule with so many what I would consider toss-up games at this point in the season. I'm not sure how many more games we will be favored in besides ECU. Maybe @SMU?

Looking ahead this team is likely going to be in a lot of tight 4th quarter games. I think we're good enough to win those and average enough to lose the same. I'm not sure I've ever seen a TU schedule with so many what I would consider toss-up games at this point in the season. I'm not sure how many more games we will be favored in besides ECU. Maybe @SMU?

Agreed. I think we have a ton of games that will come down to the wire.

We might be favored against navy.

I’d be satisfied with the score last time we beat Fresno North which was 35-0 in our favor.

I’d be satisfied with the score last time we beat Fresno North which was 35-0 in our favor.

I just look at their pass stats against bad teams and I think our may be able to feast on them. Like I said before, the mizzou game which I get they won, was a really REALLY weird week 1 game.

Reactions: TU_BLA
Gilbert didn't win the job out of fall camp though, it was Winbush who at least started the 1st game right? I swear that ESPN made that a big deal on their ticker. As I watched the highlights last week when they beat Stanford I commented to myself that I didn't know Winbush was a lefty...makes more sense now.

As much as I hope Milton can make a comeback and play again, I have some serious doubts with all of the damage his leg/knee sustained. Dislocations, torn ligaments, broken bones all heal. When you suffer all of those plus major blood vessels that get shorn in half, there's a whole lot to overcome plus hoping the blood flow is 100% restored to serve the muscles and other structures. My understanding is they were very close to amputating that leg because of the amount of damage sustained and some doctor made the decision to try and save it. He's a dynamic player. He was Kyler Murray before Kyler Murray (and a tad bigger). But he'll never get that credit because he played/plays at UCF.

Winbush did but it was close a d Gilbert continues to improve.

Milton already announce he has full nerve recovery, etc. It is a long way to go but kid has the attitude and apparently the docs to give him a good chance. He is slightly ahead of the schedule they thought would lead to a full recovery. I wouldn't count the kid out but it's a long climb back to where he was.

Winbush did but it was close a d Gilbert continues to improve.

Milton already announce he has full nerve recovery, etc. It is a long way to go but kid has the attitude and apparently the docs to give him a good chance. He is slightly ahead of the schedule they thought would lead to a full recovery. I wouldn't count the kid out but it's a long climb back to where he was.
Great to hear. You don't often hear of full recoveries at least to a top-competition level for an athlete.

Wonder if Winbush might now get the idea that he's just not an FBS level QB

Reactions: CJP68 and TU4ever2
If Wyoming is as bad at passing as stated I'm guessing we load the box and let our DB's handle the recievers one- on-one? We could really shut them down if they don't have any really good recievers.

If Wyoming is as bad at passing as stated I'm guessing we load the box and let our DB's handle the recievers one- on-one? We could really shut them down if they don't have any really good recievers.

If only Monty had tape on a team successfully loading the box and completely shutting down an opponent’s offense.

UCF's qb is a freshman named Gilbert, kid is smooth and throws a great deep ball. He has beat Winbush for the job. Mack who won them the championship game last year and started vs LSU is a red shirt sophomore who will miss the season. Oh and Milton is expected back next year.

Apparently you can acquire more than one good QB. Someone won go run and tell Monty quick.
Milton is coming back?

I'm not sure they're bad at passing per se.... they just don't pass much. They're really good at running, even against loaded boxes.

We let the DBs handle OSU's WRs 1v1 all weekend. I don't recall a single instance of zone nor do I recall at any point of a designed double team. There were a couple of times the safety came over the top to help but I don't think it was designed as a specific double team on anyone just a read. That said, our safeties are also really aggressive at coming down on run plays which is how Hubbard had clear sailing once breaking through the initial tangle of players near the LOS. Bunch and Williams are aggressive that way. Against teams like Michigan State and San Jose State it worker, against a back like Hubbard (NFL next year), we got burned on 3 plays.

Our D will do fine against the Wyoming and their run game. TU's D will likely be the best defense Wyoming faces all year.

Just read the Wyoming message board, they sound like we did when we had Cody Green at QB. They also think they’ll run over us pretty easily.

Just read the Wyoming message board, they sound like we did when we had Cody Green at QB. They also think they’ll run over us pretty easily.

Comical. I’ve learned that most people on boards are homers and most always pick their teams to win. They’ll be sad come Saturday though. They gonna run all over us like that thrilling 5 point win against Idaho?

Comical. I’ve learned that most people on boards are homers and most always pick their teams to win. They’ll be sad come Saturday though. They gonna run all over us like that thrilling 5 point win against Idaho?
And trailing most of the game against Texas State

Reactions: tupatsfan
Milton is coming back?

Yes. He is currently ahead of schedule, but has probably another 9-12 months of rehab. Currently it looks possible that he will play again. Should be pretty clear by early next year if he really will be able to do it.

Yes. He is currently ahead of schedule, but has probably another 9-12 months of rehab. Currently it looks possible that he will play again. Should be pretty clear by early next year if he really will be able to do it.

That’s good to hear. I felt really bad for the guy when all that happened.

On a related note... why would a school purposely choose brown to be their main color?
Since you asked...

From the UW Football Media Guide:

"The story behind the colors of the University of Wyoming dates back
to 1895. In the spring of that year, the first ever UW Alumni Banquet
was held. Decorations for the banquet included Brown-Eyed Susans, a
flower native of Southeastern Wyoming. The Alumni were so impressed
with the colors (brown and yellow) and the beauty of the flowers that
they decided to select these colors as the official school colors at UW.
Currently, the colors are described as brown and gold."

Since you asked...

From the UW Football Media Guide:

"The story behind the colors of the University of Wyoming dates back
to 1895. In the spring of that year, the first ever UW Alumni Banquet
was held. Decorations for the banquet included Brown-Eyed Susans, a
flower native of Southeastern Wyoming. The Alumni were so impressed
with the colors (brown and yellow) and the beauty of the flowers that
they decided to select these colors as the official school colors at UW.
Currently, the colors are described as brown and gold."

Well that answers that.

Well if you can’t beat a bunch of Brown Eyed Susans, who can you beat?

And trailing most of the game against Texas State
Key point here...Trailing MOST of the game, yet figuring out how to win. Same with Texas State. Trailed against Missouri as well. They're a resilient bunch. They don't get down and the grind away until they get it done. This won't be the cake walk some are predicting. It will be a barroom brawl.

Key point here...Trailing MOST of the game, yet figuring out how to win. Same with Texas State. Trailed against Missouri as well. They're a resilient bunch. They don't get down and the grind away until they get it done. This won't be the cake walk some are predicting. It will be a barroom brawl.

Most of the score predictions aren’t indicating a cakewalk, but rather a 10-14 point win for Tulsa.

Something tells me if tu trailed all game to San Jose and barely won it would be melt city. It’s ok to say Wyoming doesn’t scare me. I seriously wouldn’t be shocked if we rolled.

Reactions: TU_BLA
I'll give you Mizzou. Texas State is a terrible team in year 1 of a coaching transition to a new style of O. They're in a bad conference and are only a few years removed from transitioning to FBS (from FCS). And Idaho ...seriously. That's a bad FCS school. Beating them and celebrating is like Tulsa partying after beating Central Arkansas last year. YOUR QB HAD 50 YDS PASSING!

What I didn't know is that Rocket Ismail Jr. plays for Wyoming. That's pretty cool and how the hell did that happen?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT