ADVERTISEMENT

Wichita State Game Thread

Pumped for the game. Also, I really enjoy this rivalry, I have never met a rude WSU fan. I'm sure they have some, all fan bases do, but really enjoy them as a whole.

15 to tip and already more students than the Central Ark. game.

They gave t-shirts away...saw probably 200 students walk in grab a shirt and leave. Pathetic

Did they relax the rule about dunking in warmups? TU has been dunking quite a bit in the warmups and the refs don't seem to care. If they didn't were going to be assessed about 24 technicals.

I don't know on that. As long as you don't touch the rim it's OK. They don't want anyone hanging on it

Do you think the PA announcer could let everyone know the 5 second rule is gone? Sort of annoying everyone is yelling for it.

I know we're up but if we converted half the turnovers we got, we'd have a very nice lead right now.

Reactions: TU_BLA
Birt reminds me of Cordell Love. Maybe not the same defensively just yet. We actually match up well against WSU, especially inside. Hadith needs to take the mentality that any other player except Baker can beat us and he needs to make sure the players understand that.

We need to keep driving and dishing it out. 4 guys crashing hard on every drive.

We need to keep driving and dishing it out. 4 guys crashing hard on every drive.

+1. They're daring us to take 3s and so far we are making them. Keep it up the rest of this half and they'll adjust at half time then the driving lanes will open up.

Going ok, but they aren't calling it under new rules. Van Vleet has at least four obvious elbows or push offs that must be called. The last one was garbage.

Good that Weight only has one foul and Swanny has zero. No idea why Big E played.

Marqel!

Huge push off on that last 3. But regardless, my goodness that run hurt.

The Wichita State announcers are very appreciative of this rivalry

Good God. This is like playing an away game. No calls from the refs, a $hit broadcast that keeps cutting away during gameplay, and announcers that don't even know the names of our players. Jesus Christ!

Did they relax the rule about dunking in warmups? TU has been dunking quite a bit in the warmups and the refs don't seem to care. If they didn't were going to be assessed about 24 technicals.
Rule change for this year. Dunking is allowed in warm ups

That was an unfortunate series of events. Van Vleet hits a desperation 3 from the T in Tulsa, the another and then gets away with a push off and one to end the half.

Reactions: RealTUTypical
Nice rebounding but poor defense of the three. Birt needs to make that shot or sit down. Mistake to put in E. Their coach went right at him for an easy two. WSU went too far into their bench too.
Pro scouts here to see Baker. Van Fleet nearly full speed now. Woodard needs a great second half for us to win.

Also, very frustrated with Birt taking a shot so early in the shot clock with right around a minute to play. Gave WSU an extra possession.

It is a WSU broadcast. That's another reason to be here at the Reynolds Center. Great game, great student turnout, pathetic TU non-student turnout for a Top 10 rated team.

Tomato Can Vleet won't make it past the middle of the second half.

Let the chants of overrated and our glorious rise to the top 25 begin!

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Van Vleet is no where near full speed and until the last minute he hasn't looked like himself. Need to push it at him. Harrison nearly broke Baker's ankle off with that move.

They got a lot of threes When We were in their face, don't know that better three defense helps a ton.

It is a WSU broadcast. That's another reason to be here at the Reynolds Center. Great game, great student turnout, pathetic TU non-student turnout for a Top 10 rated team.
Not in Tulsa anymore. I'm forced to watch this BS broadcast.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT