ADVERTISEMENT

Week 15 Bowl Projections

Can’t promise that. Depends on a lot of things. Mostly how we do on the field I’m told.
This sounds like ESPN wants to be the Zaven showcase except he is not likely to play in any bowl game.

Huffy, you alluded in a recent post about Player leaving...hoping that was a slip. Would hate to see him leave early via transfer if he's not going to the NFL.

This sounds like ESPN wants to be the Zaven showcase except he is not likely to play in any bowl game.

Huffy, you alluded in a recent post about Player leaving...hoping that was a slip. Would hate to see him leave early via transfer if he's not going to the NFL.
Player/Zaven/Gillespie would completely gut our defense.

Last edited:
Most interesting scenario will be if both Tulsa and Louisiana win, particularly with a convincing OU win.

Then there is a reason to watch on Sunday.

Most interesting scenario will be if both Tulsa and Louisiana win, particularly with a convincing OU win.

Then there is a reason to watch on Sunday.

Sunbelt championship game cancelled due to Covid at Coastal.

Teams declared co-champs.

That's total BS. Coastal didn't want to take the chance of losing the second time round. Louisiana got hosed bout like we did, when we lost the home match.

I knew it had to be CC that had the Covid, before I even looked it up.

Now who gets the NY6 after we win Saturday?
It was prolly Cincy or CC before with a small chance for Louisiana and an even smaller one for us.

Now, it's Cincinnati or CC. Absolutely no chance for us, win or lose.

We beat Cincy and that gives it to CC.

We are only in the spoiler role.

I hate Cincy and CC now.

Reactions: drboobay
This is all so stupid. This is supposed to be competitive sports and it has degenerated into game skipping for advantage. We all knew it was not an even playing field for all teams in the past but it has gone to the absurd now. T

he only thing we have going for us is that ESPN/ABC has a prime time slot for the game and will have to come up with alternative programming if the game does not happen. Will probably lose significant ad revenue. So would the conference - they recently got a logo sponsor for the game.

The Sunbelt game, on the other hand, was on ESPN2, much smaller audience and ad revenue tied to it.

This all suggests to me there will be a game. But watch me be wrong tomorrow!

Iirc, the agreed on protocol at the beginning of the year was that Wednesday testing meant results no later than 3pm on Thursday. After that, no cancellations. That doesn’t mean Commissioner Monkey Business can’t pull the plug, but Cincy can’t at this point.

I assume that’s why we didn’t see ticket sales until the Monday tests came back cool

Well now I'm just waiting for Cincy to cancel to make sure they get the NY6 game. Should be any minute now
Kelly Hines tweeted out this AM the game will for sure be played. I think at this point, if Cincy bails then it should be a forfeit. I am sure we are already in Cincinnati for the game. Once that happens, play or shut up.

They are 2 touchdown favorites. They should be looking forward to whipping a top 25 team.

Kelly Hines tweeted out this AM the game will for sure be played. I think at this point, if Cincy bails then it should be a forfeit. I am sure we are already in Cincinnati for the game. Once that happens, play or shut up.
Yeah it was more of a joke then anything. Though for some reason I still wouldn't be surprised. Nothing is surprising me this year. It's just unfortunate teams are using it as an excuse in order to help get the best bowl game possible for them. You know the CCU cancellation is BS. A team that had no issues whatsoever until conveniently the Thursday before the championship game. I am still afraid theres going to be some fishy officiating going on. Noyhing too obvious, but phantom holdings in touchdowns or ridiculous PI. That may just be my pessimistic attitude coming through though

Yeah it was more of a joke then anything. Though for some reason I still wouldn't be surprised. Nothing is surprising me this year. It's just unfortunate teams are using it as an excuse in order to help get the best bowl game possible for them. You know the CCU cancellation is BS. A team that had no issues whatsoever until conveniently the Thursday before the championship game. I am still afraid theres going to be some fishy officiating going on. Noyhing too obvious, but phantom holdings in touchdowns or ridiculous PI. That may just be my pessimistic attitude coming through though
Almost 100% guaranteed one of our primary defenders gets tossed for targeting early on.

Almost 100% guaranteed one of our primary defenders gets tossed for targeting early on.
Honestly I think this is likely as well as a lot of holds by our line. I’ve been wondering if we beat Cincinnati might they stay high enough in the playoff rankings to stay above CC? The committee has seemed to penalize teams that don’t play while rewarding teams who lose to another ranked team by not dropping them much.

I dont have any official information from the school, but around the water cooler on Glenn Dobbs Dr, the word is Military Bowl if we lose. Which is consistent with what other sources have told me off campus, including the one above.

I wonder if the league office has any plans if we win or if they’re like most of my former bosses, make plans for what you want and ignore any adverse possibilities?

Reactions: drboobay
I wonder if the league office has any plans if we win or if they’re like most of my former bosses, make plans for what you want and ignore any adverse possibilities?
The way it’s been explained to me, they have no idea what will happen if we win. Everybody will be watching Alabama and Florida while we play, so the conventional wisdom is that we can’t change minds. If we win big, Cincy was never good, etc., since they didn’t actually watch us except maybe highlights.

On the other hand, if we win close or lose, there’s a good chance it will be Military Bowl either way, unless some crazy polling happens.

If we lose bad, there’s an element of doubt about the Military Bowl. But not much.

Unless there is a waiver. And they are working on that as I understand it.

I wonder if someone will request a change of venue if the waiver is denied. Having these guys play the 12th place team from the Big 10 with no family members present just seems wrong.

McMurphy is now projecting that the Military bowl will be cancelled due to a lack of available teams. Projection is now vs Army in Shreveport.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT