ADVERTISEMENT

Week 15 Bowl Projections

Where did you see that I would like to get a screen shot of tagged for my hog friends they are in a 6 game losing streak
Arkansas would struggle to score against us. I've seen them play a few times. They have a solid defense and they are OK on offense. Franks is definitely their best player on that side of the football but the OL is a complete mess and Arkansas seems to move the pocket for Franks a lot...which would play into our hands with our speed on defense.

SMU cancelled their bowl vs UTSA due to COVID thus the Frisco Bowl was cancelled.
UTSA now going to First Responders Bowl.

2 of the 3 projections that came out today have us playing UTSA.

UAB may get their wish to play in Birmingham and they probably don’t care that the opponent will be a 2 win SEC team.

The AAC does need to figure out how to fill the open slot in the Military bowl if Navy is out. I still think that’s where Cincy ends up.

If we win Saturday it would be hard to believe the American wants their champion playing UTSA in an invisible bowl game.

But I have been disappointed before!

I'm talking about if we lose. Before we were rumored to the Birmingham playing Arkansas, now the rumor is UTSA. Come on.

I'm talking about if we lose. Before we were rumored to the Birmingham playing Arkansas, now the rumor is UTSA. Come on.

At best, Birmingham will get the 12th pick from the SEC. Arkansas would have to fall behind a couple of 2 win teams in order to end up there.

At best, Birmingham will get the 12th pick from the SEC. Arkansas would have to fall behind a couple of 2 win teams in order to end up there.
Dratings has Tulsa vs Mississippi St In Birmingham they had 2 wins as did sc and vandy with 0 wins Arkansas has 3 wins so I think Arkansas could be possible.

Teams are dropping out of the bowls and will continue to do so.
Not clear that conference contracts will hold. We might be surprised particularly if TU upsets Cinncy and fails to nab the Peach or loses in a close outcome.
If our league pairs TU vs UTSA, I hope TU will say no thanks. SMU clearly did that and, as much as I detest the SMU athletic department for its multiple infractions- cheating - and delusions over the years, this was the right decision.

If they beat UC and aren’t in the Peach Bowl, they should consider declining all invitations and explain why.

Just going off the picks by those two guys that only missed one team and no bowls out of the 10 give or take that they predicted.

Reactions: HuffyCane
Not sure where they get VaTech, but would love to see a second shot at them in a bowl game. One of many we let get away lately.

Va Tech announced today that they would decide by tomorrow if they would accept any bowl invites.

Florida was ranked higher than expected today which means that the SEC could still get 4 teams in the NY6. If that happens then Birmingham gets the 13th choice from the SEC. LSU has already opted out so the 13th selection could literally be winless Vanderbilt. I doubt they would accept but who knows. My guess is that no SEC or ACC team is available and UAB gets their wish and takes a slot.

Reactions: HuffyCane
Virginia Tech has opted out of Bowl season ended the nation’s longest active streak at 27.

Cancelled my reservation to Birmingham on the advice of a UCF booster who is almost always right.

An unexpected, established, pre-ESPN monopoly bowl that is on nobody's radar I hope.

What is the requirement to qualify for a bowl this year? I see some teams, on the lists, with losing records.

What is the requirement to qualify for a bowl this year? I see some teams, on the lists, with losing records.

The only qualification is to be Covid free. The NCAA dropped all others including games played, wins, winning %, etc. back in October.

Reactions: TU_BLA
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT