ADVERTISEMENT

Week 15 Bowl Projections

Babe the Blue Ox

I.T.S. Defensive Coordinator
Oct 3, 2001
I'll continue to update as projections are released:

CBS/Palm - Military vs Louisiana (9-1)

ESPN - 1st Responder vs Wake Forest (4-4)
ESPN - Birmingham vs San Jose St (6-0)

College Football News - 1st Responder vs UTSA (7-4)

247 Sports - Military vs Louisville (4-7)

Athlon Sports - Birmingham vs South Carolina (2-8)

Sporting News - Birmingham vs Marshall (7-1)

USA Today - 1st Responder vs UTSA (7-4)

Stadium (McMurphy) - Military vs Maryland (2-3)

Yahoo Sports - Military vs Boise State (5-1)

Bleacher Report - Birmingham vs Virginia Tech (5-6)

The Athletic (Mandel) - Military vs Rutgers (3-5)

Last edited:
I ran the math on the possibility of actually playing winless Vanderbilt in a bowl game. Hopefully the shoe toss will drop Florida out of the top 12, but if the SEC does get 4 teams in the NY6 bowls then Birmingham will get the 13th selection from the SEC. Only LSU has publicly state that they won't participate this year so that slot could go to Vandy if they want it.

Reactions: TulsaAM
I ran the math on the possibility of actually playing winless Vanderbilt in a bowl game. Hopefully the shoe toss will drop Florida out of the top 12, but if the SEC does get 4 teams in the NY6 bowls then Birmingham will get the 13th selection from the SEC. Only LSU has publicly state that they won't participate this year so that slot could go to Vandy if they want it.
My Magic 8 Ball says “All signs currently point to Birmingham in the Gragg Bowl.” FWIW, I’ve already booked the travel. (Both to there and Atlanta).

But honestly, I don’t think anyone knows and they don’t know the contingencies based on the outcome of the champ game. Wouldn’t surprise me at all to see BYU vs TU in the Serve Pro in Dallas the way ESPN keeps shuffling people around. Something not contractually possible as late as two weeks ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Houston vs Hawaii in New Mexico Bowl @ Frisco Tx

Tulane vs Nevada in Boise Potato Bowl

SMU vs UTSA in Frisco Bowl

Man... playing vandy would suck. The story line would be all about their kicker. Might as well call it the #metoo bowl or the SJW Classic.
Vanderbilt should be ashamed of themselves if they were to accept such an invitation. Can you imagine? No self respect.

Reactions: Li'l Eric Coley
I bet UTSA is real happy not finding out about their invitation until a week beforehand.

Playing in Birmingham would suck also.

I thought UCF already had an invite to the Boca Bowl.

Why aren't all the rags reporting this invite? Some do, some don't.

My Magic 8 Ball says “All signs currently point to Birmingham in the Gragg Bowl.” FWIW, I’ve already booked the travel. (Both to there and Atlanta).

But honestly, I don’t think anyone knows and they don’t know the contingencies based on the outcome of the champ game. Wouldn’t surprise me at all to see BYU vs TU in the Serve Pro in Dallas the way ESPN keeps shuffling people around. Something not contractually possible as late as two weeks ago.

I’m starting to hear some chatter that UAB is interested in playing in the Birmingham Bowl. Their senior day was also cancelled and they’ll be moving to a new stadium next year. They are hoping for one more game at Legion Field.

Navy be not be interested in bowling with a 3-7 record, leaving the Military Bowl slot open for Cincinnati after their NY6 dreams are dashed.

UCF is desperate to play anyone who they might beat that would put them back in the Top 25. Not a chance.

Vanderbilt should be ashamed of themselves if they were to accept such an invitation. Can you imagine? No self respect.
They have a female kicker that is bigger than the team, or the game... self respect has gone out the window in Nashville.

Good for her by the way. It is not her fault the school is turning the situation into a sideshow - she is answering the call and doing her best to showcase her athletic talents.

Good for her by the way. It is not her fault the school is turning the situation into a sideshow - she is answering the call and doing her best to showcase her athletic talents.
I'm not against females in male team sports.. i'm against treating them as something special.

When you become bigger than the game or your team...

I think it was two UCF writers predicting AAC bowl opponents.

Last edited:
SMU has dropped out of the Frisco Bowl due to Covid. UTSA will be moved to a different game, likely 1st Responder Bowl.

Or maybe they took a team vote, and decided they weren't that interested in playing/playing UTSA. :coffee:
This. Ain’t losing that game. We learned the hard way ourselves losing that game at home and one of our recruits contacting them the next day.

If that’s the offer, they should decline it and all other offers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT