ADVERTISEMENT

Week 13 Games that could affect AP/Coaches/CFP Rankings

Gmoney4WW

I.T.S. Legend
Gold Member
Jul 4, 2007
Will update with time/broadcast/CFP later.

#20/#21/#? Texas v Iowa St 11a (ABC) 11a (ABC) (Keep up the winning streak Iowa St.)

#21/#19/#? Auburn @Alabama 2:30p (CBS) (Gone Daddy Gone, Auto +1)
#25/#23 UNC/#? @ Notre Dame 2:30 (ABC) (Pretty Certain +1)

Last edited:
It’s just a blast to be somewhat relevant at this point in the football season. Been a long time.
Exactly. And TU needs the money. Even if you temper expectations, each game at this point is worth hundreds of thousands in potential bowl payout. If there’s miracles, potentially millioms

Reactions: TU1NNJ
Exactly. And TU needs the money. Even if you temper expectations, each game at this point is worth hundreds of thousands in potential bowl payout. If there’s miracles, potentially millioms

I assume we’ll just use that money as an opportunity to decrease the amount of money the university spends on athletics like we’re doing with the TV contract. At least we won’t have Gragg advertising it to everyone this time I guess

Reactions: TUMU
Also the PR over the last two weeks is worth a great deal of money. People that don’t know about TU are exposed, people that know a little become intrigued. Casual friends without connections to TU that know of my association were blowing up my phone with texts last weekend, Thursday night, Friday and Sat. of this week.

Also the PR over the last two weeks is worth a great deal of money. People that don’t know about TU are exposed, people that know a little become intrigued. Casual friends without connections to TU that know of my association were blowing up my phone with texts last weekend, Thursday night, Friday and Sat. of this week.
The barstool Twitter posts of the INT were watched a half a million times alone.

Will update with time/broadcast/CFP later.

#20/#21/#? Texas v Iowa St 11a (ABC) 11a (ABC) (Keep up the winning streak Iowa St.)

#21/#19/#? Auburn @Alabama 2:30p (CBS) (Gone Daddy Gone, Auto +1)
#25/#23 UNC/#? @ Notre Dame 2:30 (ABC) (Pretty Certain +1)

#17/#18/#? USC v Colorado (TBD) (One of these weeks they'll lose one.)
how about
Texas Tech at Oklahoma state
Minnesota at Wisconsin
Coastal Carolina at Texas State
Louisiana at Louisiana Monroe

how about
Texas Tech at Oklahoma state
Minnesota at Wisconsin
Coastal Carolina at Texas State
Louisiana at Louisiana Monroe
I put the ones in that I thought the team we needed to lose, could possibly lose.
I just didn't see those as likely losses.

You just confuse me sometimes lol
You do too, on occasion.

I'm not going to put the ones in that will probably be massive wins for the teams we want to lose.

All those games you put up, the team we want to win is a huge underdog.

Last edited:
Right. And if not then our chance is very low. But we had a great ride!

You do to, on occasion.

I'm not going to put the ones in that will probably be massive wins for the teams we want to lose.

All those games you put up, the team we want to win is a huge underdog.
I just said that cause that’s what you said on my post when I didn’t want to put Liberty and UNC on there lol

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Will update with CFP later.

Fri
#20/#21/#? Texas v Iowa St 11a (ABC) 11a (ABC)
#25/#23 UNC/#? @ Notre Dame 2:30 (ABC)

Sat
#21/#19/#? Auburn @Alabama 2:30p (CBS)

Didn't notice earlier that NC/Notre Dame game was on the Friday after Thanksgiving.
I'm not really paying very good attention to the date on that game, am I!

Corrected now.

Last edited:
Every time something like this happens and we have ESPN or ESPN2 to ourselves, I would guess it means 50-100 hits on utulsa.edu to see what the school is about. From that 10-25 more applications or admissions inquiries. To me, if you get admissions inquiries to TU, admissions can sell TU to students. The small class sizes, personal attn. from professors, quality education, professional placement within a year of graduation (either job or grad school) are all impressive numbers to the outside world. It doesn't hurt when the engineering program was recently recognized as a top 10 program nationwide and included alongside MIT, CalTech, and Stanford among others.

Someone in admissions should start recording the number of admissions inquiries and admissions applications the week after TU has a crazy win on national TV. Real numbers like that convince the "never athletics, always academics" crowd that athletics has a place in the overall success of a university.

Seeing as how we got nothing else to watch.(...cept the basketball game.)

AP/Coaches/CFP

Fri
#20/#21/#17 Texas v Iowa St 11a (ABC) 11a (ABC) L
#25/#23 UNC/#19 @ Notre Dame 2:30 (ABC L

Sat
#21/#19/#22 Auburn @Alabama 2:30p (CBS)

Memphis @ Navy 6:00p (CBSSN)

Last edited:
Reactions: Weatherdemon
The worry now isn’t who is above us, it’s who is below us. We don’t want some marginal team idling us out of the poll. For instance, West Virginia beats OU. OU would drop but not out of the poll, and WVA would likely re-enter. There’s only so much room 20-25 and we aint playing now, ain’t played much or anybody in particular. We would likely fall out like the runt at the trough.

The worry now isn’t who is above us, it’s who is below us. We don’t want some marginal team idling us out of the poll. For instance, West Virginia beats OU. OU would drop but not out of the poll, and WVA would likely re-enter. There’s only so much room 20-25 and we aint playing now, ain’t played much or anybody in particular. We would likely fall out like the runt at the trough.
Yeah, I looked at that the last couple of weeks, especially with a team I thought might upset someone fairly high up in the polls, but now that we aren't playing, that becomes more important. But that's sort of what the teams above us are important for. If there are a few upsets above and below us, then the ones above drop out. And then optimally the ones below us move into their spots, instead of knocking us out. Sure it would be great if there wasn't any below, and we moved up a spot or two without even playing, but maintaining when you aren't playing becomes more important than moving up.

Auburn should cooperate, and lay down and lose tomorrow. Just watch, USC will lose too.

When we needed everybody to lose...

Now that we don't play, everybody cooperates

I know this is Tulsa centric, but the AAC teams should be big Auburn fans, them beating the Wave and Aggies means the AAC is in position for a playoff. While Tulsa can't get there this year, Cincy making it means AAC will be more likely to if they get there again.

SMU cuts it to 14 points with 7 minutes left. Gonna get interesting.

ECU coach doing bush league stuff on the sideline

ECU driving through the SMU secondary at will. ECU calls gadget reverse play, they fumble. SMU with the ball and a chance to cut it to 7 with around 3 minutes left and all time outs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT