ADVERTISEMENT

Weather picture

mcane

I.T.S. Athletic Director
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2003
I saw a prediction on noon TV today of 69 and 60% chance of rain at kickoff.

Heavy rain Thursday night into Friday, we need the rain, at least the heaviest rain comes in the night before the game, not the night of the game.

now seeing 50% chance of rain, possibly moving in not at kickoff

I've heard tomorrow after noon the rain begins diminishing a lot along with the chance of rain falling as well.

The forecast is pretty dry right now from what the TV weather guys are saying. Rain early in Friday morning and Saturday but clear otherwise.

Ya know, I know TU really loves this homecoming the same weekend as Oktoberfest thing but I don't think night games work for that combo nearly as well for attendance. Not likely I'd go to a sporting event where I'm just a casual fan up against a night at Oktoberfest.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
I would be thrilled with a half empty stadium. I am predicting a two-thirds empty stadium.

Reactions: Gold*
It sure seems like we drew well for thursday/Friday night ESPN games in the past. I'm sure the weather will kill it though.

One of the loudest games I can remember in the new stadium was a Thursday night ESPN game. I think it was against UCF.

Remember, the league's TV partners set the schedule. TU came in afterwards and selected this game as Homecoming to align with Oktoberfest I assume. They could have picked two weeks ago as that game had little chance of being picked up for tv in the 12 day window.

Reactions: TUBballJunkie
Anyone who uses the weather as an excuse can suck it. Get a ticket and go to a huge game. WEATHER IS F***ING GORGEOUS!

As a Canadian, I can state that the only other game I'll be watching besides the TU game tonight is the Edmonton Oilers vs. Washington Capitals. Baseball isn't really of interest to the country UNLESS the Jays are in the world series like in the early 90s when they had John Olerud

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT