ADVERTISEMENT

đź“ť Larry Lewis Game Recap: TU takes down Charlotte, 69-67

Chris Harmon

ITS Publisher
Staff
Aug 15, 2002
Tulsa, OK
tulsa.rivals.com
Jared Garcia's superhuman effort to keep Tulsa alive, combined with P.J. Haggerty's heroics, was the perfect combination. The result was a thrilling, last second 69-67 TU victory over Charlotte on Saturday night in front of an ecstatic 3,341 fans at the Reynolds Center.

Reactions: TUMU
Interesting that TU was planning for Haggerty to miss the 2nd free throw after taking a 1 point lead with 2.4 seconds left. Since Charlotte had no timeouts left, I was thinking TU might do that. But Haggerty made the 2nd ft while trying to miss.

Reactions: Weatherdemon
Interesting that TU was planning for Haggerty to miss the 2nd free throw after taking a 1 point lead with 2.4 seconds left. Since Charlotte had no timeouts left, I was thinking TU might do that. But Haggerty made the 2nd ft while trying to miss.
Maybe he should try missing them every time at the line.

Reactions: TUMU
Patterson just flew past his man Haggerty and was open for a three he didn't take. And Patterson was the one who barely fell out of bounds with the ball which left 5 seconds on the shot clock. And Patterson was the one who left his feet and fouled Haggerty with 2 seconds left. Any outcomes differently by Patterson and Charlotte probably wins.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT