ADVERTISEMENT

Pac ??

jesterondirt

I.T.S. Offensive Coordinator
Sep 28, 2006
I have my reservations, mostly because of kickoff times, but im curious to hear everyone's thoughts knowing what we know now. If WSU and OSU Somehow acquired financials for the PAC to rebuild with the best thats left from the G5, would you be excited or concerned if Tulsa expressed interest?

If we’re confident we will be part of the new ACC then we stand pat. If there are doubts we jump at a PAC - MWC offer. The AAC is not a viable longterm play imo.

Reactions: TU_BLA
If we’re confident we will be part of the new ACC then we stand pat. If there are doubts we jump at a PAC - MWC offer. The AAC is not a viable longterm play imo.
One of the constant features of College Athletics is the ever-changing landscape of conferences. It's ridiculous. UCLA playing Rutgers and Indiana yearly but not Cal and Oregon. Who cares? 100-year rivalries don't matter. The system they have created is :crap:e.

People love talking about it. I think it sucks a fat whatever is nasty to you. The whole thing needs to be obliterated.

It is why I care less and less about college athletics. Love TU. Hate the system that has been created.

Imagine getting into the ACC and not having to forfeit a decade worth of revenue sharing 😂
Right….but you’re also not going to be a party to the sharing of those huge exit fees when those teams bolt to the SEC and Big10 nor the payouts from the bowls and NCAA tourney.

One of the constant features of College Athletics is the ever-changing landscape of conferences. It's ridiculous. UCLA playing Rutgers and Indiana yearly but not Cal and Oregon. Who cares? 100-year rivalries don't matter. The system they have created is :crap:e.

People love talking about it. I think it sucks a fat whatever is nasty to you. The whole thing needs to be obliterated.

It is why I care less and less about college athletics. Love TU. Hate the system that has been created.
rutgers and indiana are guaranteed wins;

WSU and OreSt reach an agreement to retain PAC12 assets as well as a portion of the media revenues from all schools for the 2023-2024 season. This all but insures the survival of the PAC12 going forward. Will they add the current MWC schools or look beyond the MWC and add schools west of the Rockies?

WSU and OreSt reach an agreement to retain PAC12 assets as well as a portion of the media revenues from all schools for the 2023-2024 season. This all but insures the survival of the PAC12 going forward. Will they add the current MWC schools or look beyond the MWC and add schools west of the Rockies?
They put their basketball teams and Olympics in the WCC...but my understanding is that's only a 2 year agreement for now as OSU and WaSU look to expand the PAC by the end of that time.

Why don’t they make D1 a three tiered system. There are 133 FBS schools in football. Tier 1 would be 44 of the schools from power 5 then tier 2 would be 44 teams consisting of the rest of the power 5 and then some of the group of 5 then tier three would be the last 45 teams. Each year two teams can be promoted to the next tier and two team would be relegated to the next lower tier. Like the do in the European leagues.

Playoff consisting of 12 teams, 1 from tier 3, 2 from tier 2 and the rest from tier 1

Why don’t they make D1 a three tiered system. There are 133 FBS schools in football. Tier 1 would be 44 of the schools from power 5 then tier 2 would be 44 teams consisting of the rest of the power 5 and then some of the group of 5 then tier three would be the last 45 teams. Each year two teams can be promoted to the next tier and two team would be relegated to the next lower tier. Like the do in the European leagues.

Playoff consisting of 12 teams, 1 from tier 3, 2 from tier 2 and the rest from tier 1
That is one of the better ideas I have heard

Reactions: loca2874
That is one of the better ideas I have heard
Make it 6 teams moving each year. And in those 44 teams, regionalize the groups and use a computer schedule to create a random schedule. All 12 games played within your tier. Playoffs set after that. Heck even do a playoff for teams in tier 2 and 3 to get promoted (teams 1-2 get promoted, last 4 spots determined by the playoff). Wanna make bowl games mean something again? This is how you do it. Force the networks to bid on carrying college games period, not the conferences only.

Reactions: TULSARISING

The P5 hate giving up even 1 playoff spot starting next year. There’s no way they would ever give up 3 no matter how many teams are involved. The revenue is just too big to share.

The P5 hate giving up even 1 playoff spot starting next year. There’s no way they would ever give up 3 no matter how many teams are involved. The revenue is just too big to share.
We'll see if they feel the same way having to pay out billions in antitrust money.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT