ADVERTISEMENT

Waco QB

TU_BLA

I.T.S. Legend
Gold Member
Mar 9, 2012
Tulsa, OK
Committed to SMU today reneging on the verbal to Houston and declining a late push from TxTech. And it begins! Let's go Coach Monty time to get the recruiting ball rolling
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Morris connections with the Texas high school coaches already paying dividends.

It's not official until he's in school or signs.

Originally posted by Buck Hightower:
Baylor now has 2 top QBs committed...wonder if Monty goes after President?
I think Coach Monty is such an outstanding human being, with too much respect for Baylor and Coach Briles, that I don't believe he would pursue any player who was committed to Baylor while he was on staff. IMO such a scenario would literally be Coach Monty making a comment to one of his Asst's, such as, "I sure wish we had a QB prospect in our class like that President kid", then said Asst. employs a back channel to the kid that he has an offer at TU.

Plausable deniability to the fullest. Seriously, he would not purposely instruct an asst. to recruit a Baylor commit.

Who's to say the kid won't decommit tomorrow and re-open his recruitment, maybe he committed to Baylor because of Coach Monty? If he were to decommit, then he's fair game and no doubt Coach Monty would be all over him.

TX
This post was edited on 12/20 4:53 PM by texcane1982

Pissing his former boss off would not bode well for Monty's future recruiting in the state of Texas. I would fully expect him to go after players committed to other schools however through any and all means available.

My point is how do we know whether or not the President kid isn't happy that Stidham is going to Baylor? If he's miffed, he lets others know and then he's fair game...briles or no briles, doesn't matter. Now, if he's happy, then move on.

Originally posted by Buck Hightower:
My point is how do we know whether or not the President kid isn't happy that Stidham is going to Baylor? If he's miffed, he lets others know and then he's fair game...briles or no briles, doesn't matter. Now, if he's happy, then move on.
If President reaches out to Coach Monty that's one-thing, but as Law pointed out, he should not pursue players who committed to Baylor when he was on staff, simply not ethical. I am surpised the NCAA even allows for former coaches to recruit such players under this scenario.

If President wants out of Baylor because of Stidham, he might take Texas offer, assuming it's still on the table.

TX

It's naive to think ethics play much of a part in recruiting. If president verballed to Baylor because of Monty, and now he's leaving and briles brings in another higher touted qb, seems to me he's fair game...if this scenario is real. I'm sure all of this will play out like it's supposed to. Monty will be trying to poach other commits. Interesting 6-7 weeks ahead.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT