ADVERTISEMENT

🏈 Recruiting Broken Arrow TE commits to Tulsa, where his grandfather starred as an OL

Chris Harmon

ITS Publisher
Staff
Aug 15, 2002
Tulsa, OK
tulsa.rivals.com
On Saturday, August 19, Broken Arrow (OK) tight end and defensive end Derrick Osmond committed to the Tulsa Golden Hurricane, about a 15-minute drive from his home. The 6-foot-7 and 240-pound athlete says his decision was based on Tulsa’s new coaching staff, and the way head coach Kevin Wilson and his assistants are aggressively recruiting the state of Oklahoma’s top talent.

Welcome home, Derrick! This staff continues to recruit at a very high level!

Welcome 🙏 Atleast He Will Be Better In College Cause Josh Blankenship Is Not A Good Coach
He's an OK HS coach...but BA simply hasn't had the horses to be consistently good and stay with Owasso, Union, and Jenks (and now Bixby) in 6A-1. I don't know what happened behind the scenes but BA firing David Alexander was a bad deal unless he was too abusive towards players in his methods...we just never find out about those things.

I will be interested to see how BA uses this kid on offense. They seemed limited at QB last year (not sure if the QB was the problem or the OL, but he was constantly running for his life last year against Union).

Reactions: TulsaFanFromStigler
He's an OK HS coach...but BA simply hasn't had the horses to be consistently good and stay with Owasso, Union, and Jenks (and now Bixby) in 6A-1. I don't know what happened behind the scenes but BA firing David Alexander was a bad deal unless he was too abusive towards players in his methods...we just never find out about those things.

I will be interested to see how BA uses this kid on offense. They seemed limited at QB last year (not sure if the QB was the problem or the OL, but he was constantly running for his life last year against Union).
The story I heard on David was he coached at the big HS with small town politics that he didn’t want to play nor should he. The powers in town were absolutely sure they would lure Loren from Bixby and shocked when they didn’t. Josh is a better coach than many on here give credit. Some posters are not happy unless they run down a Blankenship or other former player(s). Not referencing TU_BLA just the usual suspects.

The story I heard on David was he coached at the big HS with small town politics that he didn’t want to play nor should he. The powers in town were absolutely sure they would lure Loren from Bixby and shocked when they didn’t. Josh is a better coach than many on here give credit. Some posters are not happy unless they run down a Blankenship or other former player(s). Not referencing TU_BLA just the usual suspects.
I've never spoke ill of Josh. And my criticism of BB was strictly based on his performance as a coach here. He's a great person and a great HS coach. Josh still needs to prove himself in that realm. His stint at Muskogee wasn't successful in terms of W/L and so far at BA he's been OK. I've seen his BA teams play a few times and I don't think he gets as much out of the talent he has as maybe another coach would. I'm not saying it won't ever happen but I've not seen it yet.

I wouldn't call that attacking or trying to run down any particular person, it's just the what I feel I've observed. Others may feel differently.

I've never spoke ill of Josh. And my criticism of BB was strictly based on his performance as a coach here. He's a great person and a great HS coach. Josh still needs to prove himself in that realm. His stint at Muskogee wasn't successful in terms of W/L and so far at BA he's been OK. I've seen his BA teams play a few times and I don't think he gets as much out of the talent he has as maybe another coach would. I'm not saying it won't ever happen but I've not seen it yet.

I wouldn't call that attacking or trying to run down any particular person, it's just the what I feel I've observed. Others may feel differently.
As I stated wasn’t referencing your comments.

I don't know what happened behind the scenes but BA firing David Alexander was a bad deal unless he was too abusive towards players in his methods...we just never find out about those things.
Yeah, unless there was something behind the scenes going on that was a massive mistake. Is Alexander still coaching somewhere?

I mean, Union had some DUDES on that D-Line last year. One of which will be playing a lot in the SEC this year. Can’t really fault them for being completely outmatched there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT