ADVERTISEMENT

vs Memphis

I want to offer praise for coach Haith and these players.. we have a lot of young talented players and even though we are advancing in fits and starts, We Are Advancing. I liked this crew in the first game I saw them in in early season and I like them more now.

If we keep up this effort, I really think that Haith could be a conference coach of the year winner.

That's an unusual amount of sunshine for you, but I don't disagree. We have some special players. Hope the young guards get better.

I'm thinking about writing a letter to the AD with greatest hits pictures of the parking disaster. They would include cash bribes to parking attendants, the semi parked over multiple spots, university vehicles parked in donor parking, and clueless attendants arguing with clueless people about whether they can park in donor parking.

My wife and I did he math and taking Uber to games would be cheaper and much less stress. I was so worked up from getting the little one ready to making it early to cheer Tubby than I didn't enjoy myself until he second half.

We've always had the donor parking since the arena opened, but it may not make sense in a few years if this keeps up. The main reason to have it now is it's a lot easier for purposes of carrying the little one.

I want to offer praise for coach Haith and these players.. we have a lot of young talented players and even though we are advancing in fits and starts, We Are Advancing. I liked this crew in the first game I saw them in in early season and I like them more now.

If we keep up this effort, I really think that Haith could be a conference coach of the year winner.

Couldn't agree more Noble great defensive effort by this Tulsa team and the Chicago player next year helps on the O side.

Amazing how last years team struggled with Memphis because of of our size, yet this year that has been resolved by recruiting as we easily out rebounded Memphis.

Looking forward to Temple.

In a perfect scenario we could be 7-1 heading into the Cincy game.

Probably doesn't happen but fun to imagine.

GO TU!!!!

That's an unusual amount of sunshine for you, but I don't disagree. We have some special players. Hope the young guards get better.

I'm thinking about writing a letter to the AD with greatest hits pictures of the parking disaster. They would include cash bribes to parking attendants, the semi parked over multiple spots, university vehicles parked in donor parking, and clueless attendants arguing with clueless people about whether they can park in donor parking.

My wife and I did he math and taking Uber to games would be cheaper and much less stress. I was so worked up from getting the little one ready to making it early to cheer Tubby than I didn't enjoy myself until he second half.

We've always had the donor parking since the arena opened, but it may not make sense in a few years if this keeps up. The main reason to have it now is it's a lot easier for purposes of carrying the little one.

We did the same when missus N was pregnant and NJ was little... we have backed off donations as priorities and school schedules have been difficult to reconcile with Tulsa athletics and the 2 hr run to see games. We still keep a blue pass for football but we can't justify the expense of basketball tickets when we can't make more than 3-4 games a season.

I'm still a grump. But I'm only a grump when I see the need... I liked the Haith hire, felt it was a bold move by a stagnant thinking athletics dept. I soured on him over the Mizzou thing, but, there appeared to be no fire to back up the smoke.. so.. I will let it ride. I was curious how he was going to replace all those seniors and make a competitive team. He somehow did it. They are rough, but, I can see them competing in march for a trophy.

I am also impressed that we finally have a coach exploiting international players. We always had one token international but not 3-4 like now. Tulsa is the Perfect school for these players. Great academics, small classes, internationally relevant.. and yet we have never gone after the untapped resources that have been the backbone of other lofty academic institutions.

Jesus parking is not bad at TU. It isn't bad at football games and there is no friggin way it could be worse for basketball. My god Tulsans are crybabies.

I've parked in the business lots on 11th for many years and I've never had a problem for basketball games.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Agreed. We have to have some of the whinest excuse making fans ive ever seen. If you can't park right in front of the stadium, if the temp isn't mid 70s and sunshine, then you aren't showing up.

Jesus parking is not bad at TU. It isn't bad at football games and there is no friggin way it could be worse for basketball. My god Tulsans are crybabies.

Look, Kellyanne, there's some nuance here that you are missing. My family donates money for parking. In recent years, it has become a major hassle to deal with. I'm not so much talking about people with walk up tickets that park next to the old F&M. Some diehards give lots of money to the school and part of the deal is we get to park closer. Big our spots are often gone and it makes us late to the game. My point is why should we pay for this if Uber exists and I don't have to get pissed off navigating to the game?

The situation is very different from the days when you and Nepats worshipped Teichman. For one, the parking next to Twin is totally gone. For another, lots that used to be free for all, like the law school, are patrolled donor lots. A lot of people have to park off campus. That's not awful, but for some, rightly or wrongly, it is a big deal. And we have less of a plan than we did when the arena opened.

It used to be there were people directing traffic before and after the game. Now, there is only someone stopping traffic at the old Hardwood (now a Jimmy John's). It needs to improve if they want our extra money for parking. Otherwise I'm parking at Kilkenny's and taking Uber every time.

Look, Kellyanne, there's some nuance here that you are missing. My family donates money for parking. In recent years, it has become a major hassle to deal with. I'm not so much talking about people with walk up tickets that park next to the old F&M. Some diehards give lots of money to the school and part of the deal is we get to park closer. Big our spots are often gone and it makes us late to the game. My point is why should we pay for this if Uber exists and I don't have to get pissed off navigating to the game?

The situation is very different from the days when you and Nepats worshipped Teichman. For one, the parking next to Twin is totally gone. For another, lots that used to be free for all, like the law school, are patrolled donor lots. A lot of people have to park off campus. That's not awful, but for some, rightly or wrongly, it is a big deal. And we have less of a plan than we did when the arena opened.

It used to be there were people directing traffic before and after the game. Now, there is only someone stopping traffic at the old Hardwood (now a Jimmy John's). It needs to improve if they want our extra money for parking. Otherwise I'm parking at Kilkenny's and taking Uber every time.

+1. I stopped donating enough for parking because its much easier to park in business parking south of the arena than it is to deal with the parking attendants.

If they fixed that I'd donate more again

^ this..

We had gold lot parking and padded level seats for years.. it was very frustrating when after the wife picking the kid up at school, her picking me up in downtown OKC and running like hell to get to the donrey 10 minutes before tip off that there were no spots open in the gold or blue lots even though half of the cars in those lots were not displaying placards of any kind.... and we had paid money for a parking place.

Like I said before, time and family priorities changed, but we still donate a lot of money to the GHC, and the fact that my blue pass is not valid for basketball as of this year has weighed heavily on decisions to bring the family to games or not.

Your walk is 10 mins. 15 tops. I enjoy the walk personally. If that keeps people from attending games then we have some of the laziest fans in the country. I'm sick of the parking excuses. They have a couple shuttles driving up and down streets, take one of them if you want. I get the people donating money and not getting their parking. I understand that. But for the fans that don have reserved parking, get out and walk a little bit...it's good for you

Your walk is 10 mins. 15 tops. I enjoy the walk personally. If that keeps people from attending games then we have some of the laziest fans in the country. I'm sick of the parking excuses. They have a couple shuttles driving up and down streets, take one of them if you want. I get the people donating money and not getting their parking. I understand that. But for the fans that don have reserved parking, get out and walk a little bit...it's good for you

You're right, people should walk. But they don't or can't or won't. I think it's ridiculous people gamble, smoke, and listen to Hannity, too. But no amount of reasoning is going to change that, either. We should adjust our strategy accordingly. Attendance isn't where it should be and we have a quality product that took many years to re-build.

We still have Gold parking and arrive early enough (almost always) to use it. But, I still get very nervous pulling on to Harvard from 6th (Dobbs) post-game because there are fans (often with small children) crossing in the dark to the other side of Harvard and no police patrol. I've mentioned that in the survey feedback for years but TU has done nothing about it. TU cannot realistically expect those folks to walk up to 11th and use the lights to cross.

We still have Gold parking and arrive early enough (almost always) to use it. But, I still get very nervous pulling on to Harvard from 6th (Dobbs) post-game because there are fans (often with small children) crossing in the dark to the other side of Harvard and no police patrol. I've mentioned that in the survey feedback for years but TU has done nothing about it. TU cannot realistically expect those folks to walk up to 11th and use the lights to cross.

It happened to me last night, so dangerous. Someone is going to get hurt.

GO TU!!!!

You're right, people should walk. But they don't or can't or won't. I think it's ridiculous people gamble, smoke, and listen to Hannity, too. But no amount of reasoning is going to change that, either. We should adjust our strategy accordingly. Attendance isn't where it should be and we have a quality product that took many years to re-build.

When I'm the only person sitting in 4 rows of lower level (read $44 dollar) seats, the university is losing massive amounts of coin, exposure, and national image on TV.

Just me sitting by my self looks bad on TV... never mind the empty seats.

Whether it's ticket prices, attitudes, or (gasp!!) parking that needs to change.. something needs to happen... our young fan base is stagnant. Perhaps an UBER/Lyft drop off station in front of the Arena? Social media alone isn't going to do it.

That's a good point. I thought the ticket prices were a league thing, but from Junkie's report, Coog High charges much less than we do (and their attendance is worse).

CMullins and I had suggested a whiskey tasting area in the arena, but that could go south fast. Then again, given attendacd lately, there's plenty of room for that. It just seems like there is less energy around the entire gameday experience than when the place first opened. The diehards are still there, but there are no Reynolds Rowdies or fraternity/ sorority shirts. We don't even have the blimp anymore.

(Granted UH's arena is dreadful. But they also don't charge you to print your own tickets.)

I thought gameday experience made a dramatic comeback when Manning got to campus. But I understood that to be highly driven by him. Is that same gal who was kind of in charge of the student section then around? Whatever she was doing was starting to pay off.

The short one? She's been gone a couple of years. I don't have any clue of what exactly we are doing now to get students to games. Sometimes they give out pizza. That's all I got.

The short one? She's been gone a couple of years. I don't have any clue of what exactly we are doing now to get students to games. Sometimes they give out pizza. That's all I got.

Last night it was free hats to the first 500.

Giveaways for the paying customers would be nice too. You can only have so many T-shirt tosses. There was that one Lexus raffle one time I guess.

Reactions: TU_BLA
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT