ADVERTISEMENT

vs Memphis

OU loses to KU.

But if we complain or offer constructive ctiticism, we get a rude response or worse. It's a dysfunctional situation.

Huh.. didn't even know they played... glad the World covered it..

The World has become even more worthless since they partnered with the Jokelahoman and started using the worlds presses to print the Jokelahoman...

You said "shoot." Wait until the erratic performance you will see there. I like our team a lot and appreciate your comments, but we aren't a very good shooting team most of the time. But then Birt could hit seven threes in a row.

I actually think we've got a pretty good shooting team, but shot selection is a problem. So functionally it's the same thing.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
Tulsa is just the kind of team to give us trouble as you have depth.

even if you don't have a four-star Dedric Lawson, we only have 3 guys over 6'6" and they all start..you guys can just keep running in fresh bodies as our kids get tired and worn out.

I expect tulsa to just try and hang around early, and then try to make their move as our starters wear out.

Last edited:
Underwhelming coverage by the World, as expected.
They didn't even swing the bat. Can't believe they passed up an article on Tubby. That is a fireable offense in former staffs of sports editor and beat writer. That's why you never saw that type of thing passed up. They plan a follow up article postgame? Or are they not even going to go that far?.

I was surprised that there was article on the return of Tubby/Pooh - just negligent on the part of the World. However, I've observed that the World's pattern is to run big picture/front page of the last night's games results. If TU wins, I would expect that tomorrow, with a side article on Tubby and the (hopefully warm) reception he receives tonight. I booed Larry Brown and Shake Milton (and was criticized by it for surrounding fans); I booed Pastner and would have again; but not tonight.

I have no doubt that Tubby will get plenty of applause tonight when his name is announced.

I'm not sure the students (if any show up) know the impact that Mr. Smith had on our program, but everyone else certainly does.

Reactions: TU_BLA
Tulsa World had a home run opportunity but no one in the sports dept. except Haisten would remember Tubby. The editor probably didn't know he even coached at TU. Two of the most beloved TU basketball people of all time come here tonight.

Even though Scoop might remember, with his attitude toward TU the article still would not have been written.

My god the front page of the Tulsa World's website is such a total POS. Stories linger there for ages. It just looks clunky and old. The design needs work. Do we need to run a Save-A-Lot north side store on the Front Page vs Tubby's homecoming. morons. Could you not hold off a friggin day? Our hometown experience graphic extravaganca? Jesus. Who is deciding Topics?? Why is there a friggin' weather system warning too? Have they decided to take up KJRH's role or weather.com? Insane. There isn't a single link on the front page mentioning tubby. disgraceful.

I thought he was in trouble with the league and wasn't refereeing for them any more.

Just best Fubby. Stupid choice for him to pick mempiss over us.

Etou has got to be stronger down there. Or go up faster before he has three defenders on top of him.

When did most of the crowd stop doing the clapping until Tulsa scores?!
When it started taking 3+ minutes to score. Plus the crowd cheered more for Tubby than they did for Haith and TUs players. I have Tubby a cheer to acknowledge his role in TU basketball history, but I tried to intentionally be louder for Haith.

When did most of the crowd stop doing the clapping until Tulsa scores?!

They did it but I think the band forgot. And Tubby is the one who started that and raising the hand on feee throws.

Zelton calls second foul on Birt. Gave me the stink eye before the game, too.

I was watching
When it started taking 3+ minutes to score. Plus the crowd cheered more for Tubby than they did for Haith and TUs players. I have Tubby a cheer to acknowledge his role in TU basketball history, but I tried to intentionally be louder for Haith.

Well YOU JUST CLAP LOUDER PEOPLE.

Questioning why Haith was still in the game and then he promptly hits a 3. He's a good shooter...but a defensive liability

Reactions: Weatherdemon
I don't know but I remember last season a ref got on the outs with the league, I thought for losing it in a game, and wasn't refereeing for them. I thought it was Steed but I may be thinking of someone else.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT