ADVERTISEMENT

vs Memphis

Refs are calling some bogus crap and Etou gets hit on the wrist on the other hand and know call. Little guy gets switched onto Etou and he's grabbing and tugging at Etou's jersey...no call.

Reactions: Gold*
We have 4 shooters on the floor and we're playing isolation ball with no kickouts. Friggin dumb.

We are playing about as good as we can play and still tied.
We've gone stagnant on offense he last 3-4 minutes. When we move and get the ball moving we are actually pretty efficient and then we go through moments of Woj offense and everyone stands around.

Wheeler gets mugged. No call. They run down the court and get a whistle before the foul. Great officials this league has.

Warning on Haith needs to go to league. Zelton just wants to troll our fans. He has no business officiating in this league.

Tubby is doing gymnastics routines outside of box and no warning. Complete crap.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
Overall that was the best half this group has played together. Keep this up in the 2nd half and we will get a W over two TU legends!

Reactions: TU_BLA
Warning on Haith needs to go to league. Zelton just wants to troll our fans. He has no business officiating in this league.

Tubby is doing gymnastics routines outside of box and no warning. Complete crap.
Haith was at edge of box. Coaches are allowed to the end of the line on the court when the ball is on the other side of half court. Have zero idea what the baseline referee is looking at when the ball is down there and he's looking 70 feet away (Calipari got called for that in the Sweet 16 in '92 that allowed Kentucky to beat UMASS...bogus call). The last foul on Magnay was bogus too. He is as good as anyone I've seen about going straight up and keeping his arm up with bringing down even the slightest.

TK showed me a lot this time. Finally.

Tubby yet to use his really good press.

Free throws make a huge difference when they go in.

Zelton needs to watch the players on the court instead of tic tac restraining line warnings. Haith never goes out like Pastner did.

We played a great first half to be leading a good Memphis team that had an assist from the refs. If we keep moving the ball & hitting open shots in the 2nd half, we can win this game.

TU outrebounded Memphis by 10 in the first half. No chance I would have predicted that

TK showed me a lot this time. Finally.

Tubby yet to use his really good press.

Free throws make a huge difference when they go in.

Zelton needs to watch the players on the court instead of tic tac restraining line warnings. Haith never goes out like Pastner did.

Or Tubby. I know there are some memories distorted by time, but I remember Tubby with no jacket and tie, running around the court/ convention center or kneeling all the time. Hell, I think he had tie tied around his forehead like a commando a few times. He begat Coach.

Reactions: Tulsafanzz
And that McDowell FT was one of the funniest things I've ever seen. Kid never looked at the basket, never took a bounce. Just caught it and shot. Almost like he told himself he was going to miss so why try

We're getting a little playground now, Haith needs to settle them down.

Magnay has done a really nice job on Lawson so far. Wheeler jacks an ill-advised 3 when our offense was working and getting really good looks. Those are the possessions that kill momentum. Etou has been a monster in the offensive glass tonight.

Reactions: Gold*
I'm ok with the 3.

I'm liking the foul situation. Etou has zero fouls? How does that happen?

Birt has to do something offensively for us to win.

Birt ain't good. Unless he hits those 3s, he's a liability. Gotta make the 3 ball. Memphis is pretty good.

Henderson pulls a rabbit out of his hat to keep us in it.

Etou is having a very good game.

I like our post players, but we sure have a hard time getting a shot up if it's on a play.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT